• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Initial, non-final impressions: BioHazard Outbreak File 2

cvxfreak

This game really sucks.

The game plays nearly exactly like the original title, so that portion is technically up to par. All the characters are the same, but have new abilities and an extra disposable extra item. The zoo scenario is really stupid. Zombie animals just don't really cut out too well. The RPD scenario is alright, but it'll hardly remind you of RE2. Don't get me started on the other two scenarios.

Fact is, Capcom got cocky when the original game sold better than they expected. They simply took the same mechanics from the original, and crafted new scenarios that are just very silly. The scenarios themselves just aren't very interesting and are artificially expanded by quests like getting stupid Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/Ivory plates. You'll get bored very easily wandering around the game trying to trap elephants with parade music or getting struck by poisonous gas in the middle of a damn police station. The forest level is semi-interesting and somewhat new, but poorly implemented. I'm working on completing every scenario, but so far, this game just doesn't cut it.

Graphics are up to par, and loading times are improved, but not by much. Controls are the same as always. The story is parallel to File 1, naturally, so expect more uninteresting and poorly directed twists.

If you hated the first game, I encourage you to stay away from this mediocre experience. And if you liked the first game, try it out, but you aren't missing a whole lot by ignoring this game and spending your hard-earned cash on RE4.

My impressions can change as the game gets deeper, but overall, File 2 isn't fun, isn't new and isn't competent.

Initial score: 5.9 / 10

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I take it you only bought this game for the DMC3 demo? It should have been pretty obvious that this game was going to be just as crappy as the original. :)

Do the other characters still run around like idiots saying random phrases when you play 1P? Does the load time still blow without the hard drive?

Monster Hunter at least shows Capcom can make a good online game if they want to...

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
They just took the original concept and scenarios and split it up between File 1 and File 2. Lame.

cvxfreak

Lik-Sang ran out of DMC3 demos before my game shipped, but I don't care much about DMC3. As an RE fan, OB2 was a must for me.

But the game's just not that good.

maskrider

CVXFREAK said:
Lik-Sang ran out of DMC3 demos before my game shipped, but I don't care much about DMC3. As an RE fan, OB2 was a must for me.

But the game's just not that good.

From what I've heard, one DMC3 demo bundles with the order of every 4 RE OB FILE 2.

Top Bottom