• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Requiem

Wow, I am REALLY bad at this game online. Went up against this Flash that was just crossing the shit out of me. Finally won 1 game playing HawkGirl and spamming my trait :(

So, is there a problem with Batman? I was playing Player Matches. Went against this Killer Frost, pretty decent match. I ended up winning, and we rematched each other. Quickly chose KF, and I got Grundy again but changed my mind and went with Batman. As I was about to choose my costume they quit on me. >.>

DR2K

Banned
So, is there a problem with Batman? I was playing Player Matches. Went against this Killer Frost, pretty decent match. I ended up winning, and we rematched each other. Quickly chose KF, and I got Grundy again but changed my mind and went with Batman. As I was about to choose my costume they quit on me. >.>

Sounds like troubling bat problems.

KevinCow

Banned
The main cast is good enough that I could forgive boring DLC choices like Zod, Batgirl, and Scorpion.

But Plasticman and Zatanna for Injustice 2.

vg260

Uh... guys? Take a look at the Facebook page of the recording studio that worked on the Brazilian dub:

That awful rumor better not be true.

I have a bad feeling these will be the ones after someone noted the guy who does Ares for this dub also does the Lobo dub in a cartoon, so they might have only listed him once. That accounts for all four rumored DLC characters in that studio's list. Not to mention, they probably record all the voice-overs around the same time, so yeah.

Horseress

Uh... guys? Take a look at the Facebook page of the recording studio that worked on the Brazilian dub:

That awful rumor better not be true.

Well, Lobo is not on that list, unless he's doesn't talk anything, it could be some mistake....
I REALLY hope it's a mistake, not Scorpion, Boom...not MK, Boom...

ultim8p00

Banned
This game has got to have the most rageguiters of any fighting game I've ever played.

I was playing this guy who used batman and he rushed me the fuck down and he was actually really good, but he kept jumping A LOT. So I started antiairing him and he said it was cheap because he can't block it. Then called me a bitch ass fag spam nigger, then quit. Like wtf?

-Mikey-

So, is this an 8 button game? Hope not! : (

The "meter burn" button has to be held while doing a special move, right? Essentially it's like an EX fireball?

DirtyLary

What annoys me about Scorpion being included (if it happens) isn't so much that it's a waste of a character slot but I know half my online matches from that point on will be spent fighting against a Mortal Kombat character, especially if MK9's online for the first few months is anything to go by. Not what I wanted from Injustice. At least Deathstroke is a DC character.

Adding Scorpion just ruins the whole integrity of creating a new IP separate from MK and the red head stepchild MkvsDC.

I'm going to believe MMM is in due to his season pass silhouette before NRS puts their foot in their mouth with a Scorpion dlc. They pretty said this was going to be DC characters only. Adding a MK character just screams our gamed failed on it's own merits, we need the posterboy to sell copies.

I really really hope this is wrong or this game and NRS will be laughed at by the FGC.

Alfredo

Adding Scorpion just ruins the whole integrity of creating a new IP separate from MK and the red head stepchild MkvsDC.

I'm going to believe MMM is in due to his season pass silhouette before NRS puts their foot in their mouth with a Scorpion dlc. They pretty said this was going to DC characters only. Adding a MK character just screams our gamed failed on it's own merits, we need the posterboy to sell copies.

I really really hope this is wrong or this game and NRS will be laughed at by the FGC.

If Scorpion is a DLC character, that's just it, he's an optional DLC character that you don't have to get if you don't want to (unless you bought the Season Pass). I don't think that proves that Injustice can't stand on its own.

It's not like Scorpion is in the vanilla game, on the box, and in TV commercials. He'll just be a bonus character, post-release. And by the time Scorpion is out (if it's true), I'm sure enough time will have passed for Injustice to prove itself.

Edit: And if Scorpion is coming out, and he's supposed to be the "poster boy to sell copies," why hasn't he been announced yet? I think you're looking too much into it. Did you think the same about Freddy in MK9?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan

I'm going to believe MMM is in due to his season pass silhouette before NRS puts their foot in their mouth with a Scorpion dlc. They pretty said this was going to be DC characters only. Adding a MK character just screams our gamed failed on it's own merits, we need the posterboy to sell copies.

You're delusional if you don't think the game is gonna sell well.

And I don't know why Scorpion being in would make the game a laughing stock in the FGC. The most popular game in that scene is MVC3 after all.

DirtyLary

And I don't know why Scorpion being in would make the game a laughing stock in the FGC.

Because the FGC loves to hate on NRS games and uses anything as a reason. NRS going against their word and including a MK character is just another reason for the cashcom lemmings to dog pile on hate the train. NRS has something special here. It's a pity so many wont give it a chance.

And I'll bet the farm DLC was already chosen and worked ( Lobo as an example ) on months before the game launched so thinking they needed Scorps for sales is a valid opinion.

vocab

This game has got to have the most rageguiters of any fighting game I've ever played.

I was playing this guy who used batman and he rushed me the fuck down and he was actually really good, but he kept jumping A LOT. So I started antiairing him and he said it was cheap because he can't block it. Then called me a bitch ass fag spam nigger, then quit. Like wtf?

Yo videogames.

J-Tier

You're delusional if you don't think the game is gonna sell well.

And I don't know why Scorpion being in would make the game a laughing stock in the FGC. The most popular game in that scene is MVC3 after all.

Yeah, the game will sell, and is selling. Batman alone is enough to sell tons of copies.

Which is why they don't need Scorpion...good time to introduce other characters...

If Scorpion is a DLC character, that's just it, he's an optional DLC character that you don't have to get if you don't want to (unless you bought the Season Pass). I don't think that proves that Injustice can't stand on its own.

It's not like Scorpion is in the vanilla game, on the box, and in TV commercials. He'll just be a bonus character, post-release. And by the time Scorpion is out (if it's true), I'm sure enough time will have passed for Injustice to prove itself.

Edit: And if Scorpion is coming out, and he's supposed to be the "poster boy to sell copies," why hasn't he been announced yet? I think you're looking too much into it. Did you think the same about Freddy in MK9?
Actually...

Slurmer

Banned
What's wrong with Bane? I've only played about ten matches with him, but he was pretty fun to use.
Bane's all right, it's just early and right now it seems like Grundy is way better. Bane's venom is a huge x-factor though and can win you a match you didn't deserve to win with just one combo.

Khezu

Hopefully Scorpion gets a pretty big overhaul, he was kinda ass in MK9.

Also really needs his UMK3 costume from the Vita game.

J-Tier

who says batgirl has to be a clone? She could have completely different animations, with different hit properties.

That's not the issue I have with it.

She could have a completely overhauled moveset, but I still don't think her moveset will be more creative than Martian Manhunter's and a bunch of other characters.

I love Injustice. But I won't be an apologist for it. I'm gonna be loud about it if they make a shitty decision.

vg260

who says batgirl has to be a clone? She could have completely different animations, with different hit properties.

If in, I'm sure she or any won't be gameplay clones. I don't really have an issue with her. Just the Scorpion thing. Even if they were to make him play way differently, it's still an MK character, and a chance to let DC characters have some limelight wasted. There have been 10 fighters with MK characters, right? Let him rest for one. It's not a game itself selling tactic either, it's just a lame DLC cash grab at the expense of the DC fans.

Top Bottom