• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Ryce

Am I the only one who finds it funny how everyone wants Power Girl yet derides Batgirl for being a "Batman clone"?

Ryce

One isn't a Batman character as well.
Does that really matter? This is a fighting game -- a character is a character. Besides, Batman is far and away DC's most popular property. Seven Wonder Woman characters? That would be a problem. Seven Batman characters? I think that's fairly justified.

SuperBonk

This game is a lot harder when it matches you against people that are actually good.

Goodbye 10+ ranked match win streaks. :(

On the plus side, I feel like my Hawkgirl is really leveling up. Finally getting useful info on a lot of matchups.

J-Tier

Am I the only one who finds it funny how everyone wants Power Girl yet derides Batgirl for being a "Batman clone"?

I think I'm the only person who even implied that, and that's because it's compounded with Zod AND Scorpion. Most issues have been against Scorpion-- and yes, I have the biggest problem with him too.

If Barbara Gordon is a DLC character she should rock the wheelchair. I'll buy two copies!

If this happens, Seasons Pass will be redeemed.

Khezu

So take your bets, do you think those 3 will be characters, or will they be the free character switching costume DLC that comes with the compatibility packs?

Zod is easily Superman.
Scorpion could either be Deathstroke or Batman

Batgirl though might be tricky, her being a skin for Bats would be weird unless she has a really big phantom hitbox.
I guess she could either be Harley or Catwoman.

I'm unsure myself.
On one hand the DLC stock photo clearly shows Martian Manhunter, and it would be such a huge troll for them to tease him like that and not deliver. On the other hand, Lobo, Batgirl, Zod, and Scorpion are like the perfect DLC set and hit every mainstream audience and will rake in lots of money.

But could you imagine Scorpion Deathstroke? The online would be completely unplayable the day that came out.

KevinCow

Banned
I take back what I said about Cyborg. His zoning is infinitely more annoying than Deathstroke's.

Also the top player on the Wii U is an eye laser spamming Superman. That move is really fucking stupid.

SuperBonk

I think they should make Supergirl/Powergirl DLC and just give one as an alternate outfit, kind of like how Justice League Unlimited did.

In fact, just give everyone DCAU alts. I want my unmasked Shiera dammit.

And Batgirl should just be an alt costume for Batman.

J-Tier

I think they should make Supergirl/Powergirl DLC and just give one as an alternate outfit, kind of like how Justice League Unlimited did.

In fact, just give everyone DCAU alts. I want my unmasked Shiera dammit.

I'm down with this. I love the DCAU, alts from there would get all my money.

Brofield

Has anything been said yet about Wii U DLC officially?

The manager at EB Games was actually disappointed in me for grabbing the Wii U version and will let me do an exchange on the spot for the 360 version at no charge (so long as it's in good condition), but only this Friday. I'm only considering this because of the DLC situation (plus lack of iOS game functionality with Wii U version).

I've sent an email to Nintendo and Netherrealm Studios, but Nintendo doesn't rightly know either and said Netherrealm would know best. I figure unless I hear something positive I might as well trade it in, despite how badly I want to support the console I don't want a gimped/less than complete game (and it'll be really hard to switch away from the superior d-pad).

So take your bets, do you think those 3 will be characters, or will they be the free character switching costume DLC that comes with the compatibility packs?

Zod is easily Superman.
Scorpion could either be Deathstroke or Batman

Batgirl though might be tricky, her being a skin for Bats would be weird unless she has a really big phantom hitbox.
I guess she could either be Harley or Catwoman.

I'm unsure myself.
On one hand the DLC stock photo clearly shows Martian Manhunter, and it would be such a huge troll for them to tease him like that and not deliver. On the other hand, Lobo, Batgirl, Zod, and Scorpion are like the perfect DLC set and hit every mainstream audience and will rake in lots of money.

But could you imagine Scorpion Deathstroke? The online would be completely unplayable the day that came out.

Is there anyway to basically use everything of Batman but use a different female character's hitboxes?
or is that to much work.

Khezu

Is there anyway to basically use everything of Batman but use a different female character's hitboxes?
or is that to much work.

They could do that, but they won't(I hope) because it's a terrible idea.
She would basically just be Batman, but better because she has a smaller hitbox.
I suppose they could nerf her in some other ways, but then we would just have another Cyrax/Sektor situation and that was also pretty stupid, but less so kinda.

They could do that, but they won't(I hope) because it's a terrible idea.
She would basically just be Batman, but better because she has a smaller hitbox.
I suppose they could nerf her in some other ways, but then we would just have another Cyrax/Sektor situation and that was also pretty stupid, but less so kinda.

Didn't even think about that.
oh well if Batgirl is in I hope she at least has some good alts

Nori Chan

Is deathstroke simply a zoner? Like he has nothing else to work with him?

Cause I wanted to main deathstroke before it was spam spam spam and if that's the case then why do people get mad for it happening? It's like getting mad at zangief for grappling you.

DR2K

Banned
Ironically DeathStroke is fine. He can actually be outzoned by some characters. I use Raven, get a life lead and crush his soul or chuck plasma at him. Or if I want to be nasty I'll teleport behind him for a nasty cross up on his recovery.

Gambit61

So anyone else having problems with online? I have no problem doing my simple BnBs or blocking offline, but online I can't do anything. I'm on fios 50/35 so it's not my side.

Top Bottom