• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Q, is this game legit or not? Online? Depth?
Game is legit but really fucking weird to get used to at first. At it's core although a lot of the characters have dirty stuff the game is a very honest game.

Depth is there as all the characters play quite a bit apart from each other, and the upclose mixup game can get pretty hectic. It's not say GG/BB levels of deep but I would consider it above sf4. Game is very match up knowledge based.

Online is fine as long as you stick to 3 or 4 bar connections.

If you want a fun new 1v1 fighter with a lot of variety in it's cast *bbcp is ages away* This game is a winner

Bob White

Hmmm...might jump in on that Toys R Us deal then. Thx, Q. Also, I've been kinda wanting the game just to spam this Aquaman AA I keep hearing about lol

sephi22

Down 2 is the only good thing Aquaman has. Take that away and he's a shitty character. Everything else he does can be reacted to and blocked and punished. Kappa

ugoo18

Just got my copy (WiiU) and started playing it.

Feels like the window for button inputs is very small in this?

I can't consistently get basic inputs (Y,Y,X or X,X,B)

Basic directional combos work flawlessly but those basic inputs....

EDIT: I only tried the tutorial.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Just got my copy (WiiU) and started playing it.

Feels like the window for button inputs is very small in this?

I can't consistently get basic inputs (Y,Y,X or X,X,B)

Basic directional combos work flawlessly but those basic inputs....

EDIT: I only tried the tutorial.

Don't wait for the hit to hit, when you are doing the strings just do the full string right away

Clarify for me, as I can't tell if its lag, or just me not understanding;

When you block (say, standing block), does it continuously block, or do you need to tap to block each impact?

louie

So just the game, and have a few noobish questions. In training mode how do I set my trait to refill, and how do I reset position?

Gbraga

The SF inputs just add the transition inputs, right? They don't radically change anything, do they?

I'm considering starting using them because I'm having a hard time with back-forward inputs while playing online. Offline it comes out just fine.

DR2K

Banned
The SF inputs just add the transition inputs, right? They don't radically change anything, do they?

I'm considering starting using them because I'm having a hard time with back-forward inputs while playing online. Offline it comes out just fine.

They prevent things like crouching into an accidental special.

DR2K

Banned
I keep going into flash's d,d,3 special stance. So annoying.

Do most ppl use the my or sf layout?

Depends on what you like more. I prefer SF.

Favorite Clash Quote

Lex: You look like a chicken.

Hawkgirl: You look like an egg.

Amazing stuff.

LakeEarth

I keep going into flash's d,d,3 special stance. So annoying.

Do most ppl use the my or sf layout?

Maximilian has a "Week of Flash" series going right now, and he kept accidentally getting the projectile counter move in MK controls, but kept getting the running stance with SF controls. Either way it seems that you must be more conscious of your motions with Flash.

I also think a case should be made for 3 out of 5 play in tourneys like with Marvel cause the matches go by really fast with the KI style health and all

vocab

Flash seems fun. I can't do lightning kicks meter burn consistently, and time loop combos are a bit odd. I either don't get the trait or I do the moves too fast. Perhaps I'm doing it wrong. He takes some work. Gonna try some grundy and hawkgirl next.

stn

Haven't gotten this yet, will soon. What's Batman's specialty? Also, does Doomsday have a projectile attack?

sephi22

Started from the bottom now we here.
Also, "Ares has fought a total of 21,000,000+ online matches".
Yeah, sure game, sure.

7byaLyI.jpg

Started from the bottom now we here.
Also, "Ares has fought a total of 21,000,000+ online matches".
Yeah, sure game, sure.

Whats so hard to believe about that? Lets say they sold 2 Million copies worldwide of Injustice. That means that on average, everyone who bought the game has played in a match with/against Ares 21 times. Is that unreasonable?

sephi22

Whats so hard to believe about that? Lets say they sold 2 Million copies worldwide of Injustice. That means that on average, everyone who bought the game has played in a match with/against Ares 21 times. Is that unreasonable?
Yes it is. Because in my 800 online matches, the number of Ares matches I've fought are in the single digits.

Matches. Not online matches. Includes offline
Good catch. That might be it.

EDIT: Also, this could be across platforms.

I know thats it :p

That isn't to say that there might be some pre release dev stats padding the results a few million however. But when you consider practice, ladders, 2 fights in story, STARS, ect there are a lot of ares opportunities out there beyond Online.

I know thats it :p

That isn't to say that there might be some pre release dev stats padding the results a few million however. But when you consider practice, ladders, 2 fights in story, STARS, ect there are a lot of ares opportunities out there beyond Online.

I'd also throw in the fact that since hes probably pretty damn good, hes being matched with top online players which is skewing what characters you're seeing the most.

Tendo

This is the first fighting game I've really dug into but I have two questions:

1) I am playing Green Lantern right now and my friend is playing Superman. He crushes me with his swoop attack and heat zap. What does GL have to combat air strikes? I find his down back triangle move to be to slow. Or maybe I suck. And when he is swooping I can never do my GL grab on him.

2) Any ideas on a fight stick? Preferably something that will also work on PC? PS3 version btw.

Grimsen

This is the first fighting game I've really dug into but I have two questions:

1) I am playing Green Lantern right now and my friend is playing Superman. He crushes me with his swoop attack and heat zap. What does GL have to combat air strikes? I find his down back triangle move to be to slow. Or maybe I suck. And when he is swooping I can never do my GL grab on him.

Supe's air swoop is punishable on block. If you're expecting him to jump from a distance and heat vision/swoop, jump back with GL and Turbine ram him.

For heat vision, you can block, then dash, just like you would any zoning. The heat vision hits with the tip of the beam (as far as I know, I need to test the hurtbox on that beam), so if you time your jump you can jump over the air one pretty easely, and visually it looks like you're passing through the beam. Just watch out for the overhead meterburn 2nd hit.

vg260

Started grinding through Star Labs last night to 3-star them all for the best Flash alt. I hate the unlock condition so much. It should have been just meet a certain # of stars as you're surely gonna get stuck on a bunch.

Top Bottom