• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Grimsen

Started grinding through Star Labs last night to 3-star them all for the best Flash alt. I hate the unlock condition so much. It should have been just meet a certain # of stars as you're surely gonna get stuck on a bunch.

At least you don't have to get all three stars at once during a challenge, that would have been brutal.

Ryce

The Facebook page took the cast list down and posted this...

Pedimos desculpas por apagarmos a publicação que informava o elenco que participou das gravações para a versão em português do game "Injustice: Gods among us", feita logo após o lançamento do game no mercado brasileiro. Parece haver diferença com relação ao material que gravamos e o que foi finalizado no game.

Iremos verificar.
We apologize for shed the publication that reported the squad that participated in the recordings for the Portuguese version of the game "Injustice: Gods among us", made shortly after the release of the game in the Brazilian market. There seems to be a difference with respect to the material recorded and which was finished in the game.

We verify. (Translated by Bing)
It seems legit to me. They wouldn't have taken it down unless WB/NRS told them to. :(

onionfrog

^ HUH? Explain, please?????
The company in charge of the Brazilian dub of the game posted the list of credits for the voice actors for that region and what characters they voiced in-game.
The list had voice actors listed for:
Batgirl, Zod and Scorpion
They have just recently taken this list down and posted an apology. They stated that they were unaware of the differences between the content that was recorded in studio and the content that was in the finished game.
(See Ryce's post above)

So supposedly
Lobo, Batgirl, Zod and Scorpion
are the four DLC characters.

On an unrelated note, can superman combo into his b.3 without using MB ice breath? I haven't played as him much and I'd like to know.

Ryce

I just want to point out that my initial DLC guess list based on the voice credits (Lobo, Batgirl, Scorpion, and Poison Ivy) was only off by one, if true. I guess Zod's being voiced by someone already performing another character.

vg260

The Facebook page took the cast list down and posted this...

It seems legit to me. They wouldn't have taken it down unless WB/NRS told them to. :(

Yeah, it seems good as confirmed. I was so excited about DLC for this game, but this really sours it for me. It was going to get the season pass no matter what, as any other DC characters were fine by me, but the Scorpion thing will pretty much cause me to pass on principle. Yeah I don't have to buy him, but now I'd be stuck fighting this out of place character we've seen a million times online instead of a cool, never-before-seen DC character that is actually a part of the universe this game is based on.

Yeah, it seems good as confirmed. I was so excited about DLC for this game, but this really sours it for me. It was going to get the season pass no matter what, as any other DC characters were fine by me, but the Scorpion thing will pretty much cause me to pass on principle. Yeah I don't have to buy him, but now I'd be stuck fighting this out of place character we've seen a million times online instead of a cool, never-before-seen DC character that is actually a part of the universe this game is based on.

Let's be real here: what do you think will sell more and bring more people to the game, Scorpion or another DC character?

vg260

Let's be real here: what do you think will sell more and bring more people to the game, Scorpion or another DC character?

I don't think either one would bring any new people to the game that weren't interested already, actually. I think it's more to sell DLC as DLC, not DLC to sell the game itself. I really don't see anyone writing this game off, but seeing Scorpion and doing a 180 on it. Scorpion's an easy cash grab, sure, but it is so at the expense of the artistic integrity of the game (yeah, I'm serious) and the actual DC fans. That's my issue. Of course it's a cash in. I feel like the game is good enough to stand on it's own without it, and I also think it does the devs a disservice in that regard to feel like they can't create a compelling new product without somehow linking it to MK. I've seen many MK fans that feel the same.

Alfredo

People will get over Scorpion like people got over Freddy. Only difference is Scorpion is (accidentally) revealed early and he's a more obvious selection than Freddy.

I hope they make Scorpion invincible to projectiles to TRULY replicate the Freddy DLC experience. :p

Well duh. Having all four of them Batman characters would sell and bring more than four characters from other, lesser known series, but that doesn't mean it's okay and that the fans should just be willing to accept anything and everything the game makers shit out to make a quick buck.

DLC list barring Lobo is shit awful, and I sincerely hope someone in NRS is listening.

Xevren

People will get over Scorpion like people got over Freddy. Only difference is Scorpion is (accidentally) revealed early and he's a more obvious selection than Freddy.

I hope they make Scorpion invincible to projectiles to TRULY replicate the Freddy DLC experience. :p

Oh man, I really hope I don't have to relive how Freddy was when he came out. That was truly awful.

dubq

Are all of the DLC costumes included in the season pass or is it just 4 costumes plus DLC characters?

Boon said to Game Informer:

GI: In terms of costumes, there's a lot to pull from, the pre-order bonuses, collector's edition, etc. Is the plan to include costumes with each of the DLC characters?

Boon: Yes. This game has literally over 100 costumes between pre-order stuff, the ones you can buy, and the ones packed in the game. There's a ton of them. Giving people costumes is the way we can push the other content. For instance, if you download Lobo, we want it so you can play Lobo against me, but I need to have the Lobo content on my machine for you to use him against me. The way we're going to do that is to give away costumes. When you get your free costumes, you'll also get the necessary content to be compatible with everyone, so there's no issue of people not having downloads.

https://www.gameinformer.com/b/news...lc-and-life-after-midway.aspx?PostPageIndex=3

Bizazedo

Scorpion is a good choice, he has a ton of fans among casuals. They will geek out over him more than a movie tie-in.

I understand, really, why some posting here don't like it, but I think he and Lobo are far superior choices to Batgirl and Zod (unless they play amazingly different from Batman / Supes..).

dubq

So with Scorpion that makes this game MK10? (MKvsDC was considered 8, right?)

Is Street Fight x Tekken considered Street Fighter 5? No.

A cameo appearance from a single character from another franchise doesn't make this game an iteration in that franchise. Kratos appearing in MK 2011 didn't make it God of War 4.

Ryce

I don't doubt that NRS will differentiate Batgirl from Batman and Zod from Superman -- Harley and Black Adam play much differently from Joker and Shazam, respectively -- but they're such boring picks. With that said, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Scorpion's indefensible, though. Ick.

dubq

I don't doubt that NRS will differentiate Batgirl from Batman and Zod from Superman -- Harley and Black Adam play much differently from Joker and Shazam, respectively -- but they're such boring picks. With that said, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Scorpion's indefensible, though. Ick.

If Zod is in, there's a reason why.. you know that movie coming out this summer? I expect a Man of Steel movie Superman skin as well.

I don't see how Scorpion is "indefensible" though. Were Kratos and Freddy "indefensible" for MK 2011? Hardly.

GrayFoxPL

A cameo appearance from a single character from another franchise doesn't make this game an iteration in that franchise. Kratos appearing in MK 2011 didn't make it God of War 4.

Bad comparison. This obviously isn't mk10 but MKvsDC which is akin to SFxTK is actually considered MK8.

bs000

Nr96ukp.png

Level 519? Seems legit. ಠ_ಠ

OSHAN

If Zod is in, there's a reason why.. you know that movie coming out this summer? I expect a Man of Steel movie Superman skin as well.

I don't see how Scorpion is "indefensible" though. Were Kratos and Freddy "indefensible" for MK 2011? Hardly.

Kratos was a bonus character in the PS3 version, though.

If Scorpion ended up being free, I wouldn't be as upset. If he takes up a DLC slot, well, that's different.

Movie advertisement, unnecessary and derivative Batman character, and a non-DC character. Any one on their own would be disappointing but acceptable (except for Scorpion, really), but all three? Good job, NRS, the first time I have ever purchased a season pass on anything, and it looks like it will likely be the last.

Ryce

Does Mortal Kombat have literally hundreds of characters to choose from? No. Mortal Kombat can afford a guest character; save for one or two, all of the fan favorites are in MK9. There are dozens of DC characters with vocal fanbases being left out of Injustice for Scorpion. Thematically, Kratos and Freddy Krueger were good fits for Mortal Kombat. What's Scorpion doing in a superhero game?

Lothars

Does Mortal Kombat have literally hundreds of characters to choose from? No. Mortal Kombat can afford a guest character; save for one or two, all of the fan favorites are in MK9. There are dozens of DC characters with vocal fanbases being left out of Injustice for Scorpion.
exactly It's not acceptable when there's tons of variable characters that could be have been chosen.

Ryuhza

Banned

You're right, MK 2011 was God of War 5. Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny was God of War 4.

Edit: Whoops, Broken Destiny came out before God of War 3. Joke backfire! Abandon shit!

Is Zod even a good Superman villain? I don't know much about him aside from the Christopher Reeve movies. He seems really 1 dimensional and boring. Thanks to the DC animated shows I feel Brainiac would be much better.

Bizazedo

Is Zod even a good Superman villain? I don't know much about him aside from the Christopher Reeve movies. He seems really 1 dimensional and boring. Thanks to the DC animated shows I feel Brainiac would be much better.

He's the main villain in the Man of Steel movie this summer, which I imagine was why he was chosen. I also imagine the word SYNERGY was thrown about a lot.

GrayFoxPL

Polish translators of this game were most likely on crack when doing their job.

It's loony generally, but what really got me is when in story mode character calls another: "Bastard!" and they translated as "Skurwiel" which is something like a "Motherfucker". I couldn't believe that subtitle. Crack, crack I tell you XD.

vg260

It was tongue-in-cheek, but they actually count MKvsDC as MK8, meaning it would be the 10th fighting game he'd be in, and they've done none without him, right? I think you get the idea. It's a new series, and not an MK one. Time to give him a rest.

Ryce

I feel like Darkseid, Brainiac, and Bizarro are much more important Superman villains than Zod, who's really only known for appearing in the live action films. Though, I suppose in terms of mainstream recognition, feature films do a lot more to help a character's visibility than anything else. "Kneel before Zod" certainly has a place in '80s pop culture.

Top Bottom