• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

shaowebb

Really cant wait to see how Lobo plays. I like folks with long range tools like ziplines, harpoons, and full screen grapples. Lobo has a lot of potential to be fun to watch and play. Can't wait to see what his combos involving the chain look like in action.

J-Tier

Wait a second. Maybe the first DLC is:
Lobo + free skins: Batgirl for Batman, Zod for Superman, Scorpion for Lobo

Maybe Lobo has a Scorpion "get over here" move w/ the chain?

Boon did say they were going to give some skins away to encourage people to download the compatibility packs, and would actually be pretty awesome. Isn't Lobo kind of a joke character?

Yeah, this looks like it might actually be the case.

If it is, damn I'm getting hyped up again.

Xevren

Boon did say they were going to give some skins away to encourage people to download the compatibility packs, and would actually be pretty awesome. Isn't Lobo kind of a joke character?

Not gonna lie, this would be pretty sweet.

It would make sense for voice recording to have been done for those 3 characters if it turned out they were to be released as bonuses with the first real character DLC. I trust NRS that they're still working on the 3 DLC after Lobo, not done and sitting on them.

ReiGun

That would actually be pretty godlike.

FHIZ

I just remembered Xbox Live has a trueskill feature... and how it means absolutely nothing. First rank match, guy with 217 wins, doing 14 hit combos like it was nothing and the alright casual player that I am gets whipped. Fun!

vg260

This could make for some fun upcoming DLC speculation. Maybe we'd be getting both MMH and Professor Zoom as an alt. (per the Twitter)

tim1138

You just blew my mind. Now I'm gonna be disappointed if this isn't the case.

vg260

Kinda looks like the foot of Jim Lee's Wonder Woman redesign from a few years ago if she was given heels.

Let's not get too ahead of ourselves here.

Well that might not be Batgirl, but there are still a crap ton of skins left to show. Lobo still may be fighting a new Batman in the gameplay demo tomorrow, and it might not even be Batgirl. I still say the 3 alt theory still makes the most sense of any theory on what that ini stuff means. Zod and Batgirl scream clones, which was the first thing people said, and Scorpion/Lobo connection makes perfect sense based on the info we have.

Rob Zombie.

That screen, those boots could be either Arkham Catwoman or Red Son Wonder Woman.

Its not them at all. I have the costumes, so I can confirm that nobody in the game has them.

Edit: Not really much of anything, but I tweeted @InjusticeGame about Batgirl being the possible alternate costume for Batman. They replied with, "Thanks for the guess! You'll have to tune in tomorrow for details!"

Igladius

Neo Member

I feel like an idiot for not seeing it before... It just makes so much sense! BRILLIANT!!

Now we can continue to debate who the other DLC characters will be!

shaowebb

Go online.
Lose to Grundy in a lobby.
Get to face his Grundy again next time.
Pick Doomsday.
Get a ragequit.
lol

Cant throw Doomsday.

Ryce

In a perfect world…

Sat 4/27 - Lobo trailer, Batgirl skin (Batman) revealed
Tue 4/30 - Zod skin (Superman) revealed
Fri 5/3 - Scorpion skin (Lobo) revealed
Tue 5/7 - Lobo and skins released

I'm still expecting those three to be separate characters. I can't be disappointed any further that way.

onionfrog

In a perfect world…

I'm still expecting those three to be separate characters. I can't be disappointed any further that way.
This would be great. Although like you I am going to assume the worst.

Gbraga

Watching some streams... What were they thinking when they balanced Deathstroke? Damn...

Have players found a way to stop him yet?

He's pretty much this game's Blanka. He may look cheap at first, but if your opponent is a scrub you can beat him for free.

This game's animations are garbage, so you can't quite tell when you can punish stuff, just know that you can punish most of his stuff, so if they're playing like a scrubby Blanka just block and punish.

The netcode in this game hurts my soul. I want to enjoy it then I run into 10 guys in a row in ranked going straight for every interactable on Jokers Asylum under a full second of lag. Kill me.

I was only playing on lobbies and against friends, so I was thinking "hey, the netcode is pretty damn good!", but my first Ranked Match was already unplayable.

So yeah, if you don't want to cry blood you should avoid it.

Although it is very entertaining to watch people pissed while they play, so nevermind, keep playing ranked matches!

In a perfect world…

I think people are forgetting about Martian Manhunter from the DLC silhouettes. I don't see it being Zod.

Ryce

I think people are forgetting about Martian Manhunter from the DLC silhouettes. I don't see it being Zod.
Zod's name is in the Season Pass INI file, and he was leaked by the studio handling the Portuguese dub, so we know he's in the game in some capacity (be it alternate skin or standalone character).

TDLink

I'm pretty sure batgirl etc will be alt skins at this point. Still 100% behind MMH/Atrocitus/Power Girl as the dlc characters...as I have been this whole time

Grecco

i still havent unloked the batman beyond skin does anybody know how im supposed to redeem the silver pack from the console to ios unlock?

Nori Chan

Lost to a superman spammer laser :/ couldn't get in cause the hit box is so weird.

Wow this is so frustrating. I can't connect anything. People do the same thing over and over again

Ryce

I'm pretty sure batgirl etc will be alt skins at this point. Still 100% behind MMH/Atrocitus/Power Girl as the dlc characters...as I have been this whole time
If Batgirl's going to be a Batman skin, then Power Girl's going to be a Superman skin. I also don't think they'd make all four DLC characters Power types.

TDLink

If Batgirl's going to be a Batman skin, then Power Girl's going to be a Superman skin. I also don't think they'd make all four DLC characters Power types.

We will see I suppose. Fairly certain I will be proven right about batgirl as an alt tomorrow though.

Nori Chan

I actually beat another deathstroke player and he rage quits :/

Apparanly I got the win. I got the yellow lantern costume and player card but no achievement :/

Ryce

We will see I suppose. Fairly certain I will be proven right about batgirl as an alt tomorrow though.
I sincerely hope so. The thing that worries me is Scorpion -- Batgirl works as a Batman skin and Zod works as a Superman skin, but putting Scorpion over Lobo is a stretch. They both use chains and that's about it. I'm sure Lobo will use guns and a motorcycle (probably in his super), none of which makes any sense for Scorpion.

Top Bottom