• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Nori Chan

Got my first win against joker. I felt so spammy though. I also couldn't wake up with the sword spin cause he was attacking so much. I also realized I could stop his super by meter burning pistol shots. I got really lucky too cause that would've killed me for sure lol

Ryuhza

Banned
7 online ranked matches, and not a SINGLE Deathstroke! Incredible! Unfortunately, I forgot to be proficient with a single character before coming here. As it is, I can play a little of everyone, but I don't recall a single person's moves in full.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Got my first win against joker. I felt so spammy though. I also couldn't wake up with the sword spin cause he was attacking so much. I also realized I could stop his super by meter burning pistol shots. I got really lucky too cause that would've killed me for sure lol

Why would you wake up with the sword spin? That move is super unsafe

Ryuhza

Banned
Of course, I wasn't powering through it or anything. The most I ever did in one day were the last 40 mission I did today. Plus, I didn't move on from a mission until I had beaten it and earned three stars, so speed may vary.

Grimsen

Lots of wins, and lots of losses tonight. So much cheap tech to learn how to handle. I love it.

I need a second AA for GL when the opponent jumps in close. I kept whiffing LM or getting stuffed by Batman all day. Gonna try d2 in training tomorrow. :/

I need to play a few hours of Doomsday. I can't read some of his moves at all. I can only tell his overhead/low and his gamma crush. The rest is just a blur.

I also got bodied a few time by Harley. That low into overhead.

Finally I got zoned bt Ares. Fuck unblockable shit.

Chindogg

Lots of wins, and lots of losses tonight. So much cheap tech to learn how to handle. I love it.

I need a second AA for GL when the opponent jumps in close. I kept whiffing LM or getting stuffed by Batman all day. Gonna try d2 in training tomorrow. :/

I need to play a few hours of Doomsday. I can't read some of his moves at all. I can only tell his overhead/low and his gamma crush. The rest is just a blur.

d2 is a solid AA if they're above your head.

The key to Doomsday with GL is chaingun through his armor. When he goes up for the slam, meter burn b3. It'll absorb the slam and wallbounce into full combo.

223xxchaingun is your friend when slightly out of her range. Also try to footsie with b13 or b12 if you catch her crouching a lot.

Block axe, dash in a bit until max ring grab range. Or turbine smash at max jump range. Or Oa's Rocket at jump range. GL shits on Ares' zoning.

Kizer

Doomsday is aggressive as hell. He is already in, you may already be screwed.

vg260

I sincerely hope so. The thing that worries me is Scorpion -- Batgirl works as a Batman skin and Zod works as a Superman skin, but putting Scorpion over Lobo is a stretch. They both use chains and that's about it. I'm sure Lobo will use guns and a motorcycle (probably in his super), none of which makes any sense for Scorpion.

From my understanding Lobo was kind of supposed to be a send-up of several character archetypes and kind of an intentionally ridiculous character, right? Perhaps it's him dressed up as Scorpion in a tongue-in-cheek way, kinda like Frank West as Mega Man in UMvC3. Seems like that would make sense

Chindogg

Doomsday is aggressive as hell. He is already in, you may already be screwed.

I like those odds with GL. Don't get flustered and use chaingun if he's almost in. The slight pushback will be all you need. Works for Grundy too.

From my understanding Lobo was kind of supposed to be a send-up of several character archetypes and kind of an intentionally ridiculous character, right? Perhaps it's him dressed up as Scorpion in a tongue-in-cheek way, kinda like Mega Man as Frank West in UMvC3. Seems like that would make sense.

Scorpion ending up being a parody of Ghost Rider? I'm still ok with this.

Ryce

Perhaps it's him dressed up as Scorpion in a tongue-in-cheek way, kinda like Mega Man as Frank West in UMvC3. Seems like that would make sense.
It doesn't make sense that Lobo dressed up as Scorpion would have Scorpion's voice actor, though. Frank's Mega Man costume actually appeared in Dead Rising, but this would be completely random.

vg260

It doesn't make sense that Lobo dressed up as Scorpion would have Scorpion's voice actor, though. Frank's Mega Man costume actually appeared in Dead Rising, but this would be completely random.

That part is odd, but using Scorpion's voice a goof somehow with Lobo in a Scorpion getup poking fun at Scorpion/MK makes more sense to me at this point than these being three separate highly questionable/clone DLC character picks. Seems like a way that makes sense to reference MK without wasting a slot for an MK character. I think that ini file is more likely to have the data for just the first compatibility pack then references to all the upcoming characters. It could just be wishful thinking, but we'll see.

Nemesis_

Netherrealm did a pretty good job of modifying characters, keeping them play similar but changing their aesthetic.

The human Sektor and Cyrax are the ones that come to mind immediately - their move sets are the same but their battle cries and animations were all slightly adjusted to reflect them not being robots.

They could do something similar for Injustice.

KevinCow

Banned
Damn, Shazam's trait seems kinda ridiculous. Just keep doing 112 in the corner for an easy 50+%. Or do his super after the third one for a good 70+%.

Grimsen

Thank you for the tips, Chindogg. Will put them to good use.

Netherrealm did a pretty good job of modifying characters, keeping them play similar but changing their aesthetic.

The human Sektor and Cyrax are the ones that come to mind immediately - their move sets are the same but their battle cries and animations were all slightly adjusted to reflect them not being robots.

They could do something similar for Injustice.

I'm not a MK expert, but Cyrax had different properties on his moves. I wonder if it was intentional.

shaowebb

Got bored using Classic mode as my training simulator on easy with Green Arrow last night. I've been going through grinding GA combos in there for free and then dropping my last match to Superman to change characters and get their endings. Decided I'd play a Raven run and then change her out. Holy crap I like her stuff. Grabbity squeeze is awesome to slip into combos and its MB is awesome to extend. Easy 31%+ character off of just about anything. She even has a couple of decent launcher strings in there as well.

Very friendly character for making up combos for. Here's hoping she gets a Teen Titans alt sometime.

Stronty

Lobo, huh? I guess you have to be a certain age and into comic books at a certain time. Oh well.

Lobo is strange, DC never really got behind and pushed the character, I think they were kind of embarrassed by his popularity. JUST THINK If marvel just stopped promoting Wolverine or started taking away everything that made Logan unique, that would be what happened to LoBo. Even decades later, I dont think DC will embrace the satirical nature of LoBo. LoBo was doing MK style fatalities before Mk1 was released, maybe he was partially the inspiration for MK's level of violence.

Gbraga

Can anyone link me to some nice match videos? I've watched Max's videos and Civil War V, but I don't know what else to look for.

tim1138

In a public Survivor room where two people aren't even playing, just times out on Joker and gives the current survivor easy wins.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Give it a bit, it doesn't unlock right away.

Also seriously, fuck the watchtower stage.

Watchtower and Joker's Asylum are the biggest culprits of interactable abuse. I wish that in ranked games, it gave priority to the player selecting interactables off so I don't have to deal with armored Doomsday constantly rush the homing unblockable televisions to throw across the screen.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Apparently Aeon would be "broken" so Mike Z was asking people not to vote for her. Only if that were the case, why would she have been selectable in the first place? There was another character on the list as well with right issues or something to that nature.

Oh. Aeon would be broken, and they rather to save Eliza for next sequel from what I heard. Minette were supposed to be joke character. Only legit character is Annie, I guess.

Honestly, Skullgirls DLC > Injustice DLC depend on how they did with Batgirl and Zod.

shaowebb

Give it a bit, it doesn't unlock right away.

Also seriously, fuck the watchtower stage.

Watchtower and Joker's Asylum are the biggest culprits of interactable abuse. I wish that in ranked games, it gave priority to the player selecting interactables off so I don't have to deal with armored Doomsday constantly rush the homing unblockable televisions to throw across the screen.

Then you will probably cry at this vid illustrating all the meter burn interactibles

Seems quite a few interactibles for power dudes can be meter burned for armor. The armor is good enough to go through and win a trade against Green Lantern's chaingun as well.

Kizer

You can dash under them when they throw it, you know. Trying to run away from most of the interactables is how you get hit by them. You just gotta rush head long towards them and they will probably miss you assuming you aren't attempting to do this from full screen.

Oh. Aeon would be broken, and they rather to save Eliza for next sequel from what I heard. Minette were supposed to be joke character. Only legit character is Annie, I guess.

Honestly, Skullgirls DLC > Injustice DLC depend on how they did with Batgirl and Zod.

Aeon doesn't have to be broken. Characters as bosses can be different from how they are as playable characters. That being said, I think all the skullgirl dlc characters look like trash that got voted this far in. Then again, there weren't many of them I actually liked the design for.

annie was among the worst, I think

What happens when non power characters meter interactables? Probably a double jump or something stupid

Not sure, but they do have multiple uses for many of the things.

Top Bottom