• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Ryce

We don't even know how Lobo fights, so that seems too soon.
If Scorpion had to be a skin, chains, guns, and grenades makes more sense than a grappling hook, batarangs, gliding, and the Batmobile.

I would hella be down for new 52 Captain Cold.
Killer Frost has some of the most feminine movements in the game which is why Captain Cold definitely isn't going to be a skin. Batman's animations are generic enough to work for Batgirl. I could see Supergirl and Power Girl working as Superman skins, too.

NEO0MJ

If Scorpion had to be a skin, chains, guns, and grenades makes more sense than a grappling hook, batarangs, gliding, and the Batmobile.

I doubt he'll have the exact same tools. Don't forget that the Cyborgs in MK used different weapons in their human costumes.

Kizer

Batwoman would work far better than Batgirl would for Batman

batwoman-panel.jpg

Eddie Gordo/Christie?

Panda/Kuma? Mokujin? Devil/Angel?

sephi22

They aren't doing different gender skins. You people are insane. When has any game EVER done that?
They've shown that costumes can affect your character's voice actor (Arrow), super, intro and win animations (Yellow Lantern, Superman).

If they want to go this way, they can do it pretty easily. The question is whether they want to go the costume route or the character route

sephi22

What's the difference?
My question too.

The game pretty much treats Yellow Hal Jordan as a separate character when it comes to tracking data. When you look at people's hero cards, some people have Yellow Lantern listed as their favorite character instead of Green Lantern.

It could work as easily with Batman/Batgirl being model swaps.

TDLink

They aren't doing different gender skins. You people are insane. When has any game EVER done that?

I don't think gender swapped skins would work.

Seems pretty dumb to be making statements like these when in a hour and a half there is a strong chance for you guys to be wrong.

The only problem I see would be hitbox differences. Batgirl isn't as tall or as bulky as Batman.

There are already some hitbox differences in some skins I believe. Notably I think I saw that Flashpoint Deathstroke falls out of some stuff that works on the other Deathstroke costumes.

NEO0MJ

There are already some hitbox differences in some skins I believe. Notably I think I saw that Flashpoint Deathstroke falls out of some stuff that works on the other Deathstroke costumes.

If that's true then I guess some costumes will get banned/avoided in tournaments. Didn't something like this happen to Cyrax?

vg260

My question too.

The game pretty much treats Yellow Hal Jordan as a separate character when it comes to tracking data. When you look at people's hero cards, some people have Yellow Lantern listed as their favorite character instead of Green Lantern.

It could work as easily with Batman/Batgirl being model swaps.

Yeah. Why not do it? Great way to get some characters in the game without having to build a character from scratch. They could even change up the throw or super animations a bit (e.g. a motorcycle instead of Batmobile)

If that's true then I guess some costumes will get banned/avoided in tournaments. Didn't something like this happen to Cyrax?

That's the only issue I see, but it's not a big one, imo.

Khezu

Some guy keeps spamming this in chat. Could be bullshit, could be legit.

That comes from /co/ the comics and cartoon board on 4chan.
Some dude claimed to be a intern for NRS.

He also claimed that all 4 DLC characters will come out at the same time instead of how MK9 handled it, this particular thing makes me not believe him.

Also Captain Cold skin for Killer Frost would be really silly, a lot of her animations are very feminine.

filipe

I just picked up the game and I'm having trouble doing even the simplest of combos.

I'm not 100% familiar with the MK mechanics, so I guess that would hurt me but jeeze some I just can't land. I've been doing the beginning tutorial and can't even accomplish...

X + X + Y + Down/Right + X

For that particular combo, it's the Down/Right + X that never executes. Is there something I should know about to make this easier?

Chindogg

I just picked up the game and I'm having trouble doing even the simplest of combos.

I'm not 100% familiar with the MK mechanics, so I guess that would hurt me but jeeze some I just can't land. I've been doing the beginning tutorial and can't even accomplish...

For that particular combo, it's the Down/Right + X that never executes. Is there something I should know about to make this easier?

Don't confirm anything, just dial in the string.

Enable alternate controls. Turns two directions into quarter circles. Should help.

Ryce

25 minutes until the stream begins. Any last minute Batman skin guesses? I'm hoping for Batgirl (to free up a DLC character slot), but I'm anticipating an actual Batman costume.

AEREC

Really hope they are able to create opposite sex alternate costumes for all characters who have a female or male counterpart:

Supergirl
Batgirl
Hawkman

Hmm...i guess thats it.

Top Bottom