• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Just got the game and is about to start playing right when I'm done eating. Hopefully when I think I've got a good hand of the game I wouldn't mind facing some people on here who owns this game.

GrayFoxPL

Just got the game and is about to start playing right when I'm done eating. Hopefully when I think I've got a good hand of the game I wouldn't mind facing some people on here who owns this game.

I wouldn't recommend going online without 6-7 hours of training. It's got that "wtf is happening" syndrome at first.

MGrant

What console? Also, I'd highly recommend completing the story mode and learning at least a 30% midscreen combo and a 30% corner combo down before heading online, so it will be much more enjoyable. Might take a couple hours in practice mode.

I wouldn't recommend going online without 6-7 hours of training. It's got that "wtf is happening" syndrome at first.

I surely will, I'm never just going online again like I did for UMVC3. It was a rude awakening for me on that game lol.

What console? Also, I'd highly recommend completing the story mode and learning at least a 30% midscreen combo and a 30% corner combo down before heading online, so it will be much more enjoyable. Might take a couple hours in practice mode.

PS3. I always make it a priority to complete the story mode and arcade mode in a fighting game before heading online.

vg260

I know what you mean. I had played some of them up through Bane's, but only three starred some of them. Been replaying and now have three stars up through Bane. This is going to take awhile. Still surprised I got some of them.

I hate these damn things so much, but am determined to 3-star them all. I will get destroyed when I go online in a couple weeks form how they're going.

SJRB

Gold Member
Just ordered this game, should be here tomorrow.

I'm a total noob when it comes to fighting games, and I'm pretty terrible at the games I've played [MK9, SSF4] but I've been watching Twitch livestreams for days now and this game looks fun as hell.

Grimsen

Things may change, but right now, this game is my favorite fighter this gen, slightly ahead of SC5 and MvC3. And I think I played a ton of MvC3 simply beacuse of the name.

We'll see how it develops, but so far, bravo NRS.

393156_541519032567383_770011787_n.jpg

So, its official. The costumes aren't free. This comes in with the Teen Titans skin pack.

I must have missed the issues when Wonder Woman and Harley quinn joined the Teen Titans.

Its probably just for Cyborg and Deathstroke. While Harley and WW have something else.

"Grab this skin on Tuesday in the Teen Titans skin pack, and Stay tuned for info on DLC this weekend."

Haven't touched the story mode yet but I've been messing around with a few characters so far and I'm loving Joker. He's really fun to play and I like his moves. I think my only downfall with him so far is his laughing gas attack which takes a long time to initiate.

GrayFoxPL

Haven't touched the story mode yet but I've been messing around with a few characters so far and I'm loving Joker. He's really fun to play and I like his moves. I think my only downfall with him so far is his laughing gas attack which takes a long time to initiate.

Upper gas is slow as fuck. Use it only after knockdown to force your opponent to stop jumping and block while you close in.

Ryce

I really wish the classic outfits were the defaults (like in Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe). It would be uninspired, maybe, but I like using versions of characters that I'm already familiar with. Injustice's visual depictions of Shazam and Raven (among others) are so far removed from the established canon I grew up with that they almost feel like original characters.

Requiem

I <3 Bane

Easy to learn, hard to master

Now if I can just find someone else like him...

Also, how do I get the Knightfall costume??

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Hey, I need help with a few moves on the Wii U's gamepad. I can't get these to register: Batarang Combo(y,y,<>+x),Straight Grapple Combo(y,y,x,v>+y), and Bounce Cancel(y,y,<<+zr). I'm able to do a sky grapple (x,x,b,v<+y). I guess because I have more time with the frames? I'm new to fighting games, so I don't really know about that stuff. Thanks!

GrayFoxPL

Hey, I need help with a few moves on the Wii U's gamepad. I can't get these to register: Batarang Combo(y,y,<>+x),Straight Grapple Combo(y,y,x,v>+y), and Bounce Cancel(y,y,<<+zr). I'm able to do a sky grapple (x,x,b,v<+y). I guess because I have more time with the frames? I'm new to fighting games, so I don't really know about that stuff. Thanks!

Do it really fast. And bounce cancels do by down, forward and down, back meter in a combo.

This ff, bb meter is bullshit. :p

kamicowzi

Banned
Wait a sec....no Teen Titans skin pack with the season pass? I knew the season pass was probably just for the DLC, but still...at least spit on it first NRS.

Oh and I think it would be cool if they would add Raven's New 52 costume in to the game with the way the feathers around her face cover and uncover her face depending on if she is in combat or not.

TDLink

Teen Titans pack with no Raven costume and you have to pay for them even with a season pass? Nice.

They haven't actually said what is in the Teen Titans pack other than Classic Deathstroke...though at this point you are probably right. However, they obviously have something else to talk about this weekend.

KevinCow

Banned

Are you trying to time the moves? You just need to dial it all in as one quick button string. And make sure you're being accurate and not putting any extra inputs in there. If you get a bit overzealous and mash YYXXdfY instead of YYXdfY, the straight grapple won't come out.

Oh hey, I found this thread. On the thoughts of DLC, honestly if this rumor is true (it sure is starting to look that way huh), only one I actually have a problem with is Batgirl. We already have Batman, Nightwing, Bane, Joker, Catwoman, and Harley. Do we really need another Batman character? That aside, I'm looking forward to Lobo, and I'll have no real problems with Zod or Scorpion (assuming that they turn out to be true). I'd much rather have Power Girl or Martian Man Hunter than Batgirl.

People seem to forget that they got three free costumes with Season Pass; Flashpoint Aquaman, Wonder Woman and Deathstroke. Plus a free costume with the compatibility pack.

Just saying since everyone just talks about the characters only as if those costumes don't exist.

J-Tier

I know I threw a bit of a fit, but it seems like we over here are probably the least negative in terms of the DLC news, others places like TYM, Eventhubs, and Gamefaqs had some major rage. I still enjoy this game. DLC though, not as much.

TDLink

I know I threw a bit of a fit, but it seems like we over here are probably the least negative in terms of the DLC news, others places like TYM, Eventhubs, and Gamefaqs had some major rage. I still enjoy this game. DLC though, not as much.

It isn't just you. NRS is majorly mishandling the DLC. The roster will be actively worse after these characters come out, which really sucks. It is pretty hard to do that by adding something. They are also continuing to be not transparent at all with their plans for future characters and costumes, and even patches, which at this point is completely ridiculous. Let us know clearly what is coming out, when, and for how much. It's like they don't even want us to buy their crap.

vg260

I will still rant about it, as I think it's an awful decision on many levels, and ruins the integrity of the game, and reflect poorly on them as a studio. To me it's really kinda sad, as I'd like to see this studio evolve and get over themselves. At least for one darn game. Finally get a new, *good* pure DC fighting game after what, decades? of waiting, with tons of MKs with Scorpion over the years, including their last two, one of which was already vs. DC characters, and now we gotta deal with him in this game, yet again. We get it, you made MK and you made your studio off of MK. Just keep your MK shit out of one game, please. It doesn't need it. Blargh.

I'm sure they'll put a positive spin on it as being fun and cool, but I'm curious to hear what NR has to say. There's no doubt a lot of disappointment, and I feel it's reasonable, not just impossible-to-please fan ranting.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Caved and ordered the PS3 version from TRU. I can't stop myself from double-dipping on fighters. T_T

Khezu

I need to learn not to push buttons against Batman.

I swear to god, every single time I do something, he is somehow already off the ground behind me with a crossup J2.

Gleethor

It isn't just you. NRS is majorly mishandling the DLC. The roster will be actively worse after these characters come out, which really sucks. It is pretty hard to do that by adding something. They are also continuing to be not transparent at all with their plans for future characters and costumes, and even patches, which at this point is completely ridiculous. Let us know clearly what is coming out, when, and for how much. It's like they don't even want us to buy their crap.

Not to mention zero transparency or any communication at all in regards to ANY post launch support for the Wii U version.

KevinCow

Banned
The DLC is crappy and marketing clearly had a heavier hand in the character decisions than any of the actual DC fans at NRS, but I still feel like everyone's overreacting.

It's a great game by itself. It has 24 fun and unique characters. More impressive is that they're all effectively new characters. Even the guys who were in MKvDC play completely different in this one. Whereas most fighting games these days are mostly comprised of characters whose movesets were already created 10 to 20 years ago, but with better graphics this time.

If you really hate the DLC characters, send NRS a message. Buy Lobo and don't buy the others. Tell NRS with your money, "Hey, we want interesting and unique characters, not the characters marketing thinks will sell the best." If enough people do this and Lobo manages to sell significantly more than the others, maybe they'll get the point.

If you already bought the season pass, at least send them an e-mail to let them know you're disappointed in the DLC characters, and let them know you don't plan on buying any more season passes from them, at least not without knowing what's included ahead of time.

But this whole, "This ruins the game, I don't even wanna play it anymore!" reaction? Come on, guys.

Top Bottom