• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

NEO0MJ

If you really hate the DLC characters, send NRS a message. Buy Lobo and don't buy the others. Tell NRS with your money, "Hey, we want interesting and unique characters, not the characters marketing thinks will sell the best." If enough people do this and Lobo manages to sell significantly more than the others, maybe they'll get the point.

Glad I didn't buy the season pass, I'm only buying Lobo now.

It felt super weird to go in Toys R Us to get this game. I went inside and I think like 3 employees asked me if i wanted help. I know I'm a dude in a kids store by myself but they didn't have to treat me like I don't belong or anything. You could say that its employee courtesy but you usually get 1 or 2 employees asking you for help not 3-4. Though one lady understood and when she saw me said "I bet your here for Injustice," I was like "how'd you guess." She was like "we've had a lot of customers that we usually don't see in here come to get this game this week." This game has come some ways I guess lol.

Anyways I think I'm halfway through the story mode and my best character so far is Green Arrow who I was doing combos with when I first played him. I'm trying to main Joker no matter how hard it is but I'm gonna try real hard to make combos with him.

Ryce

The Injustice Twitter feed continues to be the creepiest fucking thing in the world. The guy who runs it has been Tweeting the same hollow messages twelve hours a day for the last few months.

"How are you liking _____?"

"Is _____ your favorite character?"

I'd go insane.

Khezu

The Injustice Twitter feed continues to be the creepiest fucking thing in the world. The guy who runs it has been Tweeting the same hollow messages twelve hours a day for the last few months.

I'd go insane.

He can also be a bit of a sarcastic asshole sometimes on facebook/twitter.
It's kinda funny when he gets snarky at poeple.

J-Tier

But this whole, "This ruins the game, I don't even wanna play it anymore!" reaction? Come on, guys.
Not sure I spotted anyone on GAF with this reaction. I personally made it clear that I still enjoy this game despite the awful DLC.

I think being vocal about your opinions on the World Wide Web sets a message too. Especially if I've already done the above.

shaowebb

Not sure I spotted anyone on GAF with this reaction. I personally made it clear that I still enjoy this game despite the awful DLC.

I think being vocal about your opinions on the World Wide Web sets a message too. Especially if I've already done the above.

You should read the thread on TYM over Batgirl then. Over 40 pages of salt. I think I warmed some folks up mentioning she'll likely not be a Batman clone though and that means new playstyle. Here's hoping for a Blue Mary, or Valentine style. People seemed to enjoy the idea of those kinds of playstyle being added to the game. Personally I think we need a Vice-type but who builds meter easily for her combos. Dem grab loops and pounces.

GrayFoxPL

I'd go insane.

That's because he's most likely Batman.

There's only one correct answer to his questions.

Gartooth

The DLC is crappy and marketing clearly had a heavier hand in the character decisions than any of the actual DC fans at NRS, but I still feel like everyone's overreacting.

It's a great game by itself. It has 24 fun and unique characters. More impressive is that they're all effectively new characters. Even the guys who were in MKvDC play completely different in this one. Whereas most fighting games these days are mostly comprised of characters whose movesets were already created 10 to 20 years ago, but with better graphics this time.

If you really hate the DLC characters, send NRS a message. Buy Lobo and don't buy the others. Tell NRS with your money, "Hey, we want interesting and unique characters, not the characters marketing thinks will sell the best." If enough people do this and Lobo manages to sell significantly more than the others, maybe they'll get the point.

If you already bought the season pass, at least send them an e-mail to let them know you're disappointed in the DLC characters, and let them know you don't plan on buying any more season passes from them, at least not without knowing what's included ahead of time.

But this whole, "This ruins the game, I don't even wanna play it anymore!" reaction? Come on, guys.

Agreed, after the Batgirl leak I pretty much decided that I wasn't going to buy the season pass given what the characters are. (I could put up with 1 dumb pick, but 3!?) Definitely buying Lobo next week because I'm really looking forward to playing as him, hope NRS gets the message so they do a better job picking characters in future games.

Ryce

478749_541580595894560_110440235_o.jpg

She looks pretty cool, actually.

Watch her play nothing like batman at all lol

I highly doubt she'll play anything like Batman, likely utilizing bat tools and such that he doesn't.

Which is kind of sad that we're apparently to the point on our roster where we are answering the question "What else could Batman do?" with a character.

Good lord it's hard to put into words how much the DLC roster barring Lobo sucks. One out of four. Good job, NRS.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I hope Scorpion's alts are just of the different ninjas. So at least one character in this game has different colors for their costume.

tim1138

I will never understand the obsession with Lobo, personally I'd much rather have Babs than Lobo and I don't even care for non Grant Morrison Batman anything.

J-Tier

I will never understand the obsession with Lobo, personally I'd much rather have Babs than Lobo and I don't even care for non Grant Morrison Batman anything.

It's a 90s nostalgia thing. I like Lobo, but there are many other characters that I personally like over him. To those who really like him though, it's because he's a "fraggin badass sonuva a bastich." *guitar riff*

Khezu

Yep, Lobo is the least interesting of the DLC characters to me.

I'm now considering buying Babsgirl, visually she is one of NRS's better designs, will have to wait for gameplay.

tim1138

It's a 90s nostalgia thing. I like Lobo, but there are many other characters that I personally like over him. To those who really like him though, it's because he's a "fraggin badass sonuva a bastich." *guitar riff*

A holdover from an era of comics probably best left forgotten.

So, i'm confused. :p The official image has in her black. The leaked XBL market place has her wearing purple. But they're the same costume.

Playing through Star Labs I just realized that the story for Green Arrow in his missions seems to be based off of
the Arrow TV show.

"Green Arrow has come across his father's black book of names. With the list in hand, he sets out to fulfill his father's dying wish."

I've never heard of that being part of his story in the comics before so I'm assuming the idea is from the show at least.

sephi22

So sad it took me this long to realize how good Grundy's defense chain is. Turns the match against zoners on its head.

Q, we comin' for you.
hogan-we-coming-for-you-o.gif

If you have two people playing the same char, they look slightly different.

You can change it by pressing start(?) while choosing a character.

I know, I'm saying that the default Batgirl (the marketplace header pic) might be purple, player 2 might be black, and the in game picture is the P2 one, or the other way around.

Or the portrait image is just miscolored, the default costume color is black, and the alternate color is a different shade of black that's too similar to the default and you can't tell them apart, or the yellow changes to gold, or something stupid like that.

The only thing about Batgirl being in is that it, at least in my mind, probably lowers the chances of Red Hood getting in :( I really like Red Hood

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
so now im the spmme ur the one who does the
same moves over and over like a noob which u are
i only backdash to avoid ur retarded attacks which
seem to get u far i wonder why u get this
game to spam cuz ur afraid losing

I played GL one game and threw a total of like 4 bullets LOL

shaowebb

so now im the spmme ur the one who does the
same moves over and over like a noob which u are
i only backdash to avoid ur retarded attacks which
seem to get u far i wonder why u get this
game to spam cuz ur afraid losing

I played GL one game and threw a total of like 4 bullets LOL

Stance dance him.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I don't think I've ever played a GL that hasn't spammed force grab 5 times every 10 seconds. Even after I punish them for it a million times.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
wow u must feel prod u won a match without
spamming for once u should get a prize. wait
isnt that what ur supposed to do in the first place! sell
the damn game if u cant play right

I always love the concept of "well you're just not playing right"

Stance dance him.

I really should have, keep on forgetting about that button entirely. Nightwing's stance dance is pretty cool cause you can pretend the two sticks are maracas

Top Bottom