• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

shaowebb

I really should have, keep on forgetting about that button entirely. Nightwing's stance dance is pretty cool cause you can pretend the two sticks are maracas

Oh God you mention that and now all I can picture is This playing as you dance like a beast in between every combo. Please lord capture card yourself online stance dancing on folks after combos from now on so we can put this together as "The Panda's Dick Dance" series.

DRE Fei

Question about Grundy:

Do his chains "stack" if you use the same one multiple times? For example, if I use health chain twice in a row, does the second health chain further reduce the damage I take? Should I just do it once and then use the other chains when I land more hits to get the complete package? Do the effects of each chain last for the rest of the match?

Wow I guess I was wrong about my best character being Green Arrow. After finishing the story mode and playing as most the characters it seems my best is Flash. I did a huge combo on someone and even transitioned into his stop time move to dish out more damage mid-combo. I'm gonna train with him a whole lot and then head into online because I think I found my sweet character.

Also on the issue of the DLC, I also don't like the Dlc choices. Actually I probably wouldn't say that to all of them but mostly just Batgirl. I believe their is way to much Batman in this game and they needed to add any DC character except batman centric characters. I was thinking of many good characters that could be DLC until I heard of this news of the already leaked DLC and mostly was disappointed. Hopefully they get it together in the future but for now I don't think I'm buying any of the DLC characters except maybe Lobo.

Ok, so it's like I have to choose one based on the matchup then. Thanks.

Yeah, basically if it matters to you. I tend to not care and just go for the more damaging one. XP But you're welcome.

I really love that people know about getting out of Doomsday's Super Nova. I trip them out thinking i'm going to MB in it, but use the regular one. So they basically end up dashing right into it. XD

I hate posting so much but I have to ask this question.
Why are they pitting me up against pros for my first 3 matches in ranked? In usual fighting games when I see someone's W/L ratio when I first get online I'll usually get someone who has played like 10 matches. I'm going up against people who's played over 150 matches, and some who have a very high win ratio. The last new fighting game I got was UMVC3 and they usually pitted me up against the noobs when I first hopped online like they usually do, but this one just dropped me on the heavy hitter players. I can't even start off with a fair W/L ratio because they keep pitting me up against tough players. I know I sound very whiney right now but its just tough here on a noob.

I thought I would hop online and check how tough people are and I guess I was right. I'm gonna do more training but my question still lies. Do they not pair you up with your fighting level in this game online like UMVC3 did?

Kizer

in case anyone was curious, first day of my new job was a success. I came home to see the official confirmation of batgirl but was in too good a mood to care.

Xevren

I really don't like how it displays your w/l for player matches. People just end up leaving if they see a decent ratio.

ReiGun

Pfft. Isn't even Best Batgirl.

stephanie_brown_as_batgirl_by_crimsonsea-d33zjb7.jpg

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
It did that to me too. I think they pit you against people with experience on purpose in case you're an asshole who just made a new account to prey on people who suck.

Deps

If you're EC/MW can add me if you want (GT: Depstar). I'm getting tired of playing random people with this netcode.

Kurod

Banned
Just found out something interesting about Shazam. His 22 string, even when blocked, can combo into either one of his command grabs. Any other combo string used, if blocked, will cause the ending grab to just whiff through your opponent.

I had avoided 22, for the most part, because of it being relatively unsafe and completely missed this BIG part of Shazam's mix-up game.

Just found out something interesting about Shazam. His 22 string, even when blocked, can combo into either one of his command grabs. Any other combo string used, if blocked, will cause the ending grab to just whiff through your opponent.

I had avoided 22, for the most part, because of it being relatively unsafe and completely missed this BIG part of Shazam's mix-up game.

Beware after blocking 2,2 the opponent can backdash out to avoid either grab. If they start doing that you'll have to use torpedo or something to punish the backdash.

tim1138

God damn Harley's dodge the rockets mission is a load of crap. I can't imagine anyone beating it, let alone three starring it.

WatTsu

So I came across two things I'm not sure how to block.

The first is Green Lantern's ring grab, where he just grabs you out of midair or whatever you're doing. The problem is that it's hard to see it coming so I don't know when to block or evade. Played against a GL that would not stop doing that last night. The second is Aquaman's move where he opens a portal to the sea under you. Any advice?

Also, I'm still trying to find a main, and I've been using Black Adam more and more...but Superman is also looking pretty good.

Kizer

The first is Green Lantern's ring grab, where he just grabs you out of midair or whatever you're doing. The problem is that it's hard to see it coming so I don't know when to block or evade. Played against a GL that would not stop doing that last night. The second is Aquaman's move where he opens a portal to the sea under you. Any advice?

Also, I'm still trying to find a main, and I've been using Black Adam more and more...but Superman is also looking pretty good.

Both Aquaman and Green Lantern's grab can be blocked simply by blocking. If you are doing anything when it is coming though, you are screwed. Remember that you can not block while in the air.

G-Fex

Wait til you fight killer frost

I think the aquaman move is blockable just like killer frosts ice spike, just hold down to block it.

Raven and I assume GL and sinestros grabs are just blocked by blocking

tim1138

Played a bunch of ranked matches on PSN this morning and only encountered one Deathstroke, what a nice change of pace. Played more than one person whose entire strategy was based on jumping to get in. That was fine with me, I would let them jump in and than anti air move them to death.

SJRB

Gold Member
Good lord I am terrible at this game.

Either my Dualshock3 is messed up or there is something seriously wrong with my button input, haha.

Top Bottom