• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

vg260

Did the Cyborg Star Labs yesterday. Wasn't as awful as people here made them sound. About to start Black Adam's as I heard his last 2 were bad. I was doing them in order up to Green Arrow then started jumping around. Any other bad ones? I wanna knock the worst ones out first.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
iF I'm a gadget character and I'm jumping off something say the crystal ball on Aquaman's stage, how do I leave a bomb there to blow it up? I saw a Nightwing do it so I know it's not impossible.

I'm still hoping for regular identity costumes

Bruce Wayne, Clark, Hal/John Stewert/Kyle, Dick Grayson etc

All wearing what they'd normally wear etc

Khezu

Any Raven with unaltered voice > all Nightwings.

it'll probably just be another Superman costume. lulz

I doubt they would unfilter her voice, or change her face any, it would just be Raven wearing a similar costume as the comic TT raven.

J-Tier

I just picked up Black Adam and I like him. But man, when playing him, I can't help but want to jump in with him. I get punished but these Marvel habits just aren't dying.

I forgot how helpful combo videos are for fighting games because now my Bane can dish out massive damage.
I just need to learn how to get close to my opponents with Bane and then I'll be good with him. I still hate all the Aquaman's online because they keep doing the same thing over and over again. They sit in the corner and just keep making the trident appear from the ground, and when you get close they do the trident stab. I can't for the life of me get past that and it really makes me want to quit games whenever I see someone select Aquaman. This has happened to me 3 times already :(

Jarate

Banned
How noob friendly would this game be to a guy who generally blows at fighting games (can bairly pull of most inputs) i generally understand how fighting games work, but I suck at then.

Khezu

How does TT raven look like anyways

Usually something like this.
ZVa3YKt.jpg

NEO0MJ

Promotion with a TV show.

True, but I don't think that rules out any other character with a change in voice. Didn't they mention how some new character could be brought by just reskinning current ones? So I think there's a chance for new voices. And I think all it would take to make Raven's voice not terrible is to remove that filter.

Khezu

True, but I don't think that rules out any other character with a change in voice. Didn't they mention how some new character could be brought by just reskinning current ones? So I think there's a chance for new voices. And I think all it would take to make Raven's voice not terrible is to remove that filter.

I suppose, not sure why you guys want that so much though, that voice really does not match this body.
Her demon/robot voice is much more fitting.

GrayFoxPL

How noob friendly would this game be to a guy who generally blows at fighting games (can bairly pull of most inputs) i generally understand how fighting games work, but I suck at then.

Bit more friendly then Mortal Kombat as in easier combos, universal moves, back to block, but generally takes similar approach as mk9. So if you were decent in that, you'll be fine in Injustice.

Jarate

Banned
Bit more friendly then Mortal Kombat as in easier combos, universal moves, back to block, but generally takes similar approach as mk9. So if you were decent in that, you'll be fine in Injustice.
The only real experience I have with fightan games is with capcom ones. Are these easier to get into?

NEO0MJ

Her demon/robot voice is much more fitting.

It doesn't work well with her Good version, though. Yeah she shouldn't sound like the TT version but I think keeping the effect for both version was a bit much.

hell no.

that said, it's pretty much a lock to be in there at some point.

Yeah. I think the only reason TDK Batman wasn't used is because WB is preparing the new Batman film and doesn't want this version to stick too much.

GrayFoxPL

The only real experience I have with fightan games is with capcom ones. Are these easier to get into?

In my opinion this is easier then capcom games and feels different to play so it could be right fit.

By the way if you only played capcom fighters it doesn't necessery mean you suck at fg. Just try DOA, Soul Calibur, Injustice etc. I suck at 6 button fighters so Capcom's lol.

It doesn't work well with her Good version, though. Yeah she shouldn't sound like the TT version but I think keeping the effect for both version was a bit much.

I like the slightly altered tone she used for Raven in the Green Lantern trailer that didn't have the effects on it(even though it was regime Raven lol)

Khezu

Yeah. I think the only reason TDK Batman wasn't used is because WB is preparing the new Batman film and doesn't want this version to stick too much.

Nothing about Raven really fits her good version, summoning demons, summoning her daddy, going into straight demon mode, her demon face, she was clearly designed around being evil, and the good version was an afterthought and only showed up for like ten seconds.

FeD.nL

I'm having alot of trouble with black adam as Batman. I block the lightning low and then get a dive kick. I just cant seem to properly get in. Anyone got tips?

J-Tier

Twenty mins in the lab with Grundy and I think I already have him almost completely down. Is it wrong to assume that he's easy to use?

sephi22

Twenty mins in the lab with Grundy and I think I already have him almost completely down. Is it wrong to assume that he's easy to use?
Nope.
A few minutes is all you need to get 80% of him down.
That last 20% takes a while but you can get by with the 80.

Pressure, oki, etc. will come with matchup experience.

BadAss2961

Cheapest characters online:

1. Deathstroke
2. Doomsday
3. Solomon Grundy
4. Cyborg

Every player with experience that uses these guys play cheap as hell.

Sephzilla

The only time I really have issues fighting Batman online are when I get stuck fighting the guys who are super crossover happy, because for some reason I can't defend crossovers to save my life.

BadAss2961

Batman crossups are unblockable. Fact.
This happened to me against the last Batman I played. There seems to be no defense for a perfectly timed jump kick crossup from him. Other than that though, he isn't cheap. He's a bit of a technician with some nice combos that take some skill to pull off.

Anyone else on PS3 can't view their own online hero card? I never could.

Zephyrus

Banned
I'll start playing online when Lobo arrives and the ragequitters making you lose bug, is fixed.

I do have one online match and I won it, but I would be pissed if someone ragequitted on me and I'd got a loss.

BadAss2961

Wait for opening... Charge, punch punch punch, grab.

Solomon Grundy! Born on Monday! Christened on Tuesday! Married on Wednesday!

Health bar gone.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Whelp, went ahead and bought the PS3 version to go with my Wii U copy.

Toys R Us is still selling it for 35$ with a catch. You have to get a second game for a total of 70$. Tomb Raider, Far Cry 3, Crysis 3, ACIII are some of the notable ones I remember. I haven't picked up Tomb Raider yet so I'm going with that. Don't know if it's online only, but I'm picking up at the store.

GrayFoxPL

This happened to me against the last Batman I played. There seems to be no defense for a perfectly timed jump kick crossup from him. Other than that though, he isn't cheap. He's a bit of a technician with some nice combos that take some skill to pull off.

Anyone else on PS3 can't view their own online hero card? I never could.

Online hero card never loads for me too.

Maybe it's dlc. :eek:

Xevren

Whelp, went ahead and bought the PS3 version to go with my Wii U copy.

Toys R Us is still selling it for 35$ with a catch. You have to get a second game for a total of 70$. Tomb Raider, Far Cry 3, Crysis 3, ACIII are some of the notable ones I remember. I haven't picked up Tomb Raider yet so I'm going with that. Don't know if it's online only, but I'm picking up at the store.

Yea the 35$ sale ended yesterday.

Top Bottom