• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

I assumed it was something like that, but let me rephrase.

Am i going to get hate mail for playing as him lol :p
I doubted he was actually OP.

You probably will, just because of Deathstroke himself. He's isn't OP at all. Not one bit. Especially on complains for his Sword Flip, its unsafe on block but people can't figure that out.

TheMink

Probably, since zoning isn't seen as a legitimate playstyle for whatever reason. But that could go for any zoning character.

Wasnt even planning on heavy zoning :p

You probably will, just because of Deathstroke himself. He's isn't OP at all. Not one bit. Especially on complains for his Sword Flip, its unsafe on block but people can't figure that out.

Haha i noticed as soon as i used it :p

BadAss2961

Overpowered isn't the best word to describe him. "Cheap" is more like it. Every good Deathstroke will play almost exactly the same.

They really need to get rid of his R2 special with the assault rifle where he fires that grenade. Super cheap.

Xevren

Overpowered isn't the best word to describe him. "Cheap" is more like it. Every good Deathstroke will play almost exactly the same.

They really need to get rid of his R2 special with the assault rifle where he fires that grenade. Super cheap.

Why do you find it machine gun meter burned cheap? Still massively negative and you can dash after blocking it.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Deathstroke isn't OP but he's still really good in the hands of a capable player, IMO. Probably a top 10 character.

Yeah, Aris does some great stuff with him. He can put you in a REALLY bad spot depending on the map.

But the online warrior spamfest deathstrokes, meh. I don't think I've lost to any so far.

Daingurse

Man that vid Max just uploaded is pretty eye opening. Never would have expected Superman to be such a zoning threat. Fucking hilarious actually. Need this game.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Man that vid Max just uploaded is pretty eye opening. Never would have expected Superman to be such a zoning threat. Fucking hilarious actually. Need this game.

That's where my "Fuck Superman" comment came from actually lol. Got into a player match with some guy who only knew Superman, I was screwing around with GL/Grundy. I was like 20-1 at one point against the guy. But gradually he added zoning to his game, still beat his ass for the most part but the wins got closer and closer. Eventually I did lose a few. That's when I started thinking, if this guy can pretty much on the fly learn to play like this and do it somewhat effectively, I wonder what someone who knows what they're doing with fighting games can do with this character?

Though my comment was mostly about me losing to someone who wasn't very good. Dude was still doing wake up super at the end!

Grimsen

Got so much salt from some scrubs tonight in KOTH. Apparently, i you play a single chatacter you suck at this game, especially if you're winning. They all had voice chat, and were all complaining nonstop. It was quite entertaining. :p

Yeah. Foos should at least master one character somewhat, before just trying to battle with every character in the game. Ok I couldn't beat you with This character, so let me see what other character I don't know how to use against you. I perfectly fine, beating you with one character I do know how to use, why you come with a variety of those you have no clue with.

I just realized that "release check" is negative edge and turning it off helped so fucking much. But what is "alternate control"?

Edit: oh shit...never mind. Had no idea about this either. Things just got easier.

J-Tier

Damn, made a whole KOTH room give up with Solomon Grundy. Feels so easy mode (and dirty) using him.

Also, WTF I have four disconnects even though I never DC'd even once. WTH is up with that.

KevinCow

Banned
Ares is so strange. I have no idea how to use him. He doesn't seem to do a lot of damage or have great combos. I have no idea what his strengths are supposed to be.

Really? Everytime I do it he just throws them down from higher up. :eek: I shall try again.

Edit: Because you can for sure do his laser after it in the air. And from the gameplay I saw, when you leave the game idle. He did his D3 after it.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Ares is so strange. I have no idea how to use him. He doesn't seem to do a lot of damage or have great combos. I have no idea what his strengths are supposed to be.

I feel the same when I use him. Then I fight Very Hard CPU Ares and terrible things happen to me.

Who do you use, and how good are your fighting game fundamentals?

I use Batman because he has good pressure/mixups and his combos are pretty simple for the most part.

My fundamentals are quite poor. Never played fighting games growing up. Played a bit of SF4 in recent years but the necessity of 1-2 frame link combos pretty much killed that idea for me. I would say that I'm bad at quickly considering all of my options and making good impulse decisions. I'm pretty shit at defense and blocking. I play Batman because he can rush the fuck out of them with mixups and keep them guessing so I don't have to.

My execution is also very bad. I have a hard time memorizing button combos, and when I do, it's difficult for me to realize my opportunities and get them out cleanly and in time. Finger dexterity has always been a weakness for me. Luckily most of Batman's combos are absurdly simple, but then again I often fail to recognize openings. I honestly don't know how some of these guys do it. I fought another Batman tonight and I swear he didn't miss a beat. Like he capitalized on every single microscopic opportunity he had and turned them into big damage combos. He was sorting through the thought process of "here's how he fucked up, here's the optimal move I can do to punish it, now I'm going to execute a long and complicated combo to punish" in like half a second every time.

I like to think my reaction time is pretty good but fighting games seem to move at lightspeed compared to other genres. Just gonna keep grinding matches until I get it.

KevinCow

Banned
I don't get Deathstroke's spinning sword. When I do it in practice mode, it does three mid hits. But when someone does it to me online, there's a fourth hit that apparently an overhead because it hits me even when I'm blocking low.

Zephyrus

Banned
I don't get Deathstroke's spinning sword. When I do it in practice mode, it does three mid hits. But when someone does it to me online, there's a fourth hit that apparently an overhead because it hits me even when I'm blocking low.

meter burned. It does an overhead which also ground bounces you.

Pretty good move for combos.

Grimsen

Really? Everytime I do it he just throws them down from higher up. :eek: I shall try again.

Edit: Because you can for sure do his laser after it in the air. And from the gameplay I saw, when you leave the game idle. He did his D3 after it.

When Supes throws the guy from the air, he turns around. Do the eye beam input from that direction.

Kizer

I am actually kind of afraid for tomorrow that they are going to give Doomsday the Sentinel treatment and make him worthless. I really do enjoy this character.

So bad at this game, but at least the story mode is pretty interesting. I have the Wii U version, if anyone would like to teach a poor, new soul how to play the game besides mashing buttons (which works much less effectively than it did in MK) feel free to add me :)

NNID: TheMarioLink

J-Tier

Just gonna keep grinding matches until I get it.
This is probably the best plan in your case. There's often a pattern of mistakes that becomes more apparent the longer you play-- particularly over and over against the same good opponent. First step is probably learning to block and predict lows and highs and figuring out what moves are the best for punishing the opponent. In this stage, I'd give less priority to combos and getting hits in and blocking properly. If this isn't good, then combos are kind of pointless as you'll probably try to rush in with the same combo over and over and it becomes predictable.

vg260

I am actually kind of afraid for tomorrow that they are going to give Doomsday the Sentinel treatment and make him worthless. I really do enjoy this character.

Well, most stuff in the first patch is already planned and isn't necessarily a reaction to the the first couple weeks of play. Patching process take too long. It's like a month at least. If it's any consolation anything in the first patch is not going to be a knee-jerk reaction to the first couple weeks of online. That was one of the misconceptions about Sentintel. The guide writers stated cutting his health was planned before the game shipped but too late to make it into the disc product and guide. So think of it as whatever we have now not playing as intended. The next patch, where they said they would fix other post-release issues, well, who knows.

When Supes throws the guy from the air, he turns around. Do the eye beam input from that direction.

Aah. Wouldn't he just do the eye laser? I want to do his Flying Ground Smash after it (Air D3.) I know how to do the above of what you said.

So am I.. I actually love playing as him, and I found some awesome trick to go with him but it all depends on that splash nerf. Its not like he has any other cross-ups. And no low starting combos besides using Earth Shake MB.

Ryce

524598_542692522450034_1500381293_n.jpg

You saw Teen Titans skins for Cyborg and Deathstroke last week - now take a look at Raven's costume!

Later today, we'll reveal the final costume in the Bad Girls skin pack.
Any guesses which lady joins the group?

The Teen Titans & Bad Girls skin packs will be available for purchase tomorrow in the Xbox Marketplace and PlayStation Network.
I'm definitely buying the Teen Titans pack, but I'll have to wait and see what the final "Bad Girls" skin is.

Nori Chan

Does anyone know if the Teen Titans and Bad Girls skin pack will be made available for free for the season pass holders?

Nope.

also bad girls? Hawk Girl, Killer frost, or catwoman? My money is a catwoman's skin. That pack just screams her lol But I would love for Frost to get another skin. Pretty sure a new 52 pack would come out one day and hawkgirl would probably get that

Khezu

Told you people, if it was raven, they weren't going to change her face. It was modeled to be a creepy demon lady, and all other costumes will just look weird on her.

We should have gotten Discowing.

I actually don't think I'm gonna be buying either one of the alt costume packs. Was hoping for a Teen Titans Nightwing/Robin costume. I'm gonna hold on to the cash until some alts are released for characters I actually use

DR2K

Banned
Told you people, if it was raven, they weren't going to change her face. It was modeled to be a creepy demon lady, and all other costumes will just look weird on her.

We should have gotten Discowing.

All the women are ugly though, it's not like they needed to try harder.

So I played like 15 ranked matches tonight and won maybe 2 or 3. I'm going to get over my fighting game mental block eventually, I swear.

:l

Yeah, I have issues with this too. I know what to do etc, I see what others are gonna do at times... but I don't know... when playing against random strangers online I just freak out or panic and just end up playing like a noob. I have this in pretty much all games... Anxiety over something I guess...

Khezu

All the women are ugly though, it's not like they needed to try harder.

Well yes, but they tried and mostly failed to make her demon ugly.
In all the concept art for the characters, all the females look pretty, and were designed to be pretty, except Raven, who looked like this.

They did change the faces of some characters, like Arkham Catwoman, and Stephen Amell, but there not going to do it for a C ranked character like Raven.

Top Bottom