• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

DR2K

Banned
Well yes, but they tried and mostly failed to make her demon ugly.
In all the concept art for the characters, all the females look pretty, and were designed to be pretty, except Raven, who looked like this.

They did change the faces of some characters, like Arkham Catwoman, and Stephen Amell, but there not going to do it for a C ranked character like Raven.

See that art looks prettier than anything in game. Bad modeling is the culprit here and nothing else.

Khezu

See that art looks prettier than anything in game. Bad modeling is the culprit here and nothing else.

Well, ya, they failed to get the look down and now she just kinda looks weird.

But even if they had great modelers who could bring that shit to life, there version of Raven would still not be what 95% of Raven fans want, Cartoon Raven.

EDIT: The other Badgirl skin needs to be this.
qAfFJWr.png

Haven't had much time to put into the game but I have enjoyed it so far. Have not tried online as I let my gold lapse but when I see a deal on that I may jump back on board. I ordered the WWE Mad Catz fight stick a couple of weeks ago and just ordered some parts to upgrade it.

Doesn't look like it.. That new skin pack that was announced says "available on the Playstation network and the Xbox live marketplace."

Companies make it hard to be a gaming fan sometimes. I bought the Wii U version to support games like this coming out for that platform, but then the developers/publishers give me an inferior product in return. The only thing this does is tell me to avoid those companies in the future. I like Black Ops 2 on the Wii U but I sure as shit ain't buying Ghosts now because who knows if their lazy asses will even patch it once it's out? Nevermind DLC.

vg260

Companies make it hard to be a gaming fan sometimes. I bought the Wii U version to support games like this coming out for that platform, but then the developers/publishers give me an inferior product in return. The only thing this does is tell me to avoid those companies in the future. I like Black Ops 2 on the Wii U but I sure as shit ain't buying Ghosts now because who knows if their lazy asses will even patch it once it's out? Nevermind DLC.

Nintendo's online services/features/policies are abysmal, so I wouldn't rule out a hang up on their end.

This is why you don't go with a console that calls itself next-gen.

I'm kidding.

But really hope the next reveal is Hawkgirl, I want a costume for her! D: Aaaand...

Lobo released tomorrow!! :)

vg260

This is why you don't go with a console that calls itself next-gen.

I'm kidding.

But really hope the next reveal is Hawkgirl, I want a costume for her! D: Aaaand...

Lobo released tomorrow!! :)

Hawkgirl wasn't among those DLC items in the leaked ini file, unfortunately.

Nintendo's online services/features/policies are abysmal, so I wouldn't rule out a hang up on their end.

I would never completely rule out a hang up on Nintendo's end. I like Nintendo, but I do realize they're inept at best when it comes to the internets. With that said, Ubisoft seems to be able to release DLC quite easily and I've purchased more than one table for Zen Pinball which was based entirely off of DLC. I find it hard to believe that some companies can pull it off without a hitch while others run into Nintendo-related problems that prevent any DLC release whatsoever.

But like I said, it's Nintendo so you never can be too sure...

People were being warned on here that it was not rock solid Wii U would receive all or any of the DLC. Nintendo I think said there would be DLC but NRS never solidly confirmed iirc. Either way it's going to be dodgy on the Wii U front from now on if you're in it for the DLC for pretty much every game. The lesson is more of buy the versions that are guaranteed to get DLC (if that's important to you) than expect every company to bring it to the Wii U.

GrayFoxPL

Wow, Bane's venom system is very unique. You can inject level 2 when level 1 is about to end, same with level 3 making it last very long and making Bane deadly but it's so hard keeping eyes on venom level during actual fight. Still wow. I someone dedicated will learn perfect timing of venom usage, dude will win tourneys. Cool character.

vg260

The only new content included in the INI file are the four DLC characters. All of the costumes in it have already been released.

oh, does that match up with all the current unlocks? I wasn't aware of that.

Hm, if that's not complete with everything maybe there's more to the ini file to be updated in a patch and doesn't have these new alts maybe there's a slim chance Lobo and Bagirl are the only DLC characters too and Zod and Scorpion are still skins (who am I kidding).

Also, I imagine it's a given we'll get classic Sinestro.

Ryce

oh, does that match up with all the current unlocks? I wasn't aware of that.
Yeah, it's all old stuff:

[UnlockedDLC.Characters]
+Unlocked=CHAR_Lobo
+Unlocked=CHAR_Batgirl
+Unlocked=CHAR_Scorpion
+Unlocked=CHAR_Zod
+Unlocked=CHAR_Aquaman_A Flashpoint
+Unlocked=CHAR_Bane_A Knightfall
+Unlocked=CHAR_Batman_A Arkham City
+Unlocked=CHAR_Batman_C Batman Beyond
+Unlocked=CHAR_Batman_D Blackest Night
+Unlocked=CHAR_Batman_E New 52
+Unlocked=CHAR_Catwoman_A Arkham City
+Unlocked=CHAR_Deathstroke_A Flashpoint
+Unlocked=CHAR_Flash_A Elseworld
+Unlocked=CHAR_Flash_B New 52
+Unlocked=CHAR_GreenArrow_A Arrow
+Unlocked=CHAR_GreenLantern_A New 52
+Unlocked=CHAR_GreenLantern_C Yellow Lantern
+Unlocked=CHAR_HarleyQuinn_A Arkham City
+Unlocked=CHAR_Joker_A Arkham City
+Unlocked=CHAR_LexLuthor_A Kryptonite Suit
+Unlocked=CHAR_Nightwing_A New 52
+Unlocked=CHAR_Shazam_A New 52
+Unlocked=CHAR_SolomonGrundy_A Boss Grundy
+Unlocked=CHAR_SolomonGrundy_B Red Son
+Unlocked=CHAR_Superman_A Godfall
+Unlocked=CHAR_Superman_B New 52
+Unlocked=CHAR_Superman_C Lockdown
+Unlocked=CHAR_Superman_D Red Son
+Unlocked=CHAR_WonderWoman_A Flashpoint
+Unlocked=CHAR_WonderWoman_B New 52
+Unlocked=CHAR_WonderWoman_C Red Son

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Snaaap! Catwoman is the bees knees! I was trying to get to good with batman but i couldnt time his B3 right after a combo. I still am trying but I started messing with catwoman after seeing her on that tourney yesterday. Pretty fun character!

Ryce

And they are not part of the season pass?
No, so hopefully they're cheaper than the Flashpoint skin pack. Two skin packs at $4 each with each DLC drop would add up to $32, which is ridiculous. With the characters, that's $47 for all of the DLC. Oh, and then there are the pre-order skins which will probably be released at full price...

onionfrog

I'm definitely buying the Teen Titans pack, but I'll have to wait and see what the final "Bad Girls" skin is.
Ugh, the face on that Raven alt arguably looks worse than her normal costumes...

I'm not buying any of these costumes at their current price point. $4 seems like too much for 3 costumes. Hopefully they do a big costume bundle once all the DLC is released.

I'm excited for the DLC characters though, even if they aren't necessarily the most unique choices. I'm sure they'll still be unique from a gameplay perspective.

galvatron

Wow, Bane's venom system is very unique. You can inject level 2 when level 1 is about to end, same with level 3 making it last very long and making Bane deadly but it's so hard keeping eyes on venom level during actual fight. Still wow. I someone dedicated will learn perfect timing of venom usage, dude will win tourneys. Cool character.

There's a big damage hit once the venom wears off. At level 3, it's 9 seconds of taking 1.4x damage, doing 40% damage, and enduring a big speed reduction. You really have to finish a round or a fight just as level 3 venom wears off to make activating it a good decision.

Bizazedo

NRS should be embarrassed that ubisoft's shitty marvel fighting game has DLC on Wii U and injustice doesn't.

At some point, it doesn't pay to support a losing system (for certain genre's).

It does seem bizarre that NRS isn't supporting the Wii U with DLC, though. There has to be more to it than we know.

Should bombard Boon's twitter.

G-Fex

Snaaap! Catwoman is the bees knees! I was trying to get to good with batman but i couldnt time his B3 right after a combo. I still am trying but I started messing with catwoman after seeing her on that tourney yesterday. Pretty fun character!

She is isn't she? She's fucking awesome at combos

Effect

People were being warned on here that it was not rock solid Wii U would receive all or any of the DLC. Nintendo I think said there would be DLC but NRS never solidly confirmed iirc. Either way it's going to be dodgy on the Wii U front from now on if you're in it for the DLC for pretty much every game. The lesson is more of buy the versions that are guaranteed to get DLC (if that's important to you) than expect every company to bring it to the Wii U.

It was always my response that NRS and WB never commented on DLC. What Nintendo itself said in a Nintendo Direct did not matter at all. It wasn't their game. I didn't cave and buy the game because I knew there was a very good chance the Wii U version and it's owners would be screwed over. The fact that you can't have private matches should have stopped every Wii U owner from buying the game. You don't buy a game at full price when it's missing a damn basic feature. The fact that there was no patch for the Wii U version ready at a launch while the PS3/360 got there was another red flag.

BS. If you don't know what their services are like stop spreading misinformation. There is nothing wrong with Nintendo's online setup that stop the Wii U version from getting DLC, updates, etc.

Ryce

This has nothing to do with DLC, but it's been bugging me -- why does Nightwing have a staff? Is he known to use one? I thought that was more of a Tim Drake thing.

It's going to be expensive to collect them all...

I think you only get Flashpoint with that...which is a shame.

They'll just release a "complete edition" like WB does for the Arkham games and MK9 with all the DLC characters and costumes included. I'll grab that one to get a PS3 copy when it eventually comes out. For now I'm content with the characters and costumes I have on my 360 copy as none of the confirmed or rumored DLC interests me at all.

vg260

BS. If you don't know what their services are like stop spreading misinformation. There is nothing wrong with Nintendo's online setup that stop the Wii U version from getting DLC, updates, etc.

Well, we don't know what the reason for the hang-up is. Maybe there's something wonky in this case. They don't have the WBID implemented (iirc), and no one knows why. I don't think we can clearly say there's no technical reason for a hold up. It might be a game-specific issue. It's not impossible. Nintendo hasn't really demonstrated their expertise in the online area.

Gleethor

At some point, it doesn't pay to support a losing system (for certain genre's).

It does seem bizarre that NRS isn't supporting the Wii U with DLC, though. There has to be more to it than we know.

Should bombard Boon's twitter.

A game full of superheroes isn't a tough sell on Nintendo consoles. I don't get it, they already ported the game, that was the hard part. Just give us the costumes! Some of them are already on the disc ffs.

Effect

A game full of superheroes isn't a tough sell on Nintendo costumes. I don't get it, they already ported the game, that was the hard part. Just give us the costumes! Some of them are already on the disc ffs.

People can enjoy the game all they want but I think it would be incredibly foolish to buy another NRS and/or WB games at full price and day one going forward if you plan on buying them on the Wii U. Better to wait for a full examination of the game before putting down money. Sadly that means counting on some poor souls elsewhere to be the ones to jump down the hole first while you get the benefit of waiting as that analysis won't come from the gaming media.

Gleethor

People can enjoy the game all they want but I think it would be incredibly foolish to buy another NRS and/or WB games at full price and day one going forward if you plan on buying them on the Wii U. Better to wait for a full examination of the game before putting down money. Sadly that means counting on some poor souls elsewhere to be the ones to jump down the hole first while you get the benefit of waiting as that analyst won't come from the gaming media.

It really is a lose-lose. We don't buy it at all and WB says "oh well, I guess they DON'T want these kinda of games after all." Sigh.

Kurod

Banned

Bane is a really cool character with an interesting trait mechanic but most of the time you want to limit yourself to just one or maybe two levels of venom unless you're ready to drive home the win.

Otherwise this might happen to you:

It really is a lose-lose. We don't buy it at all and WB says "oh well, I guess they DON'T want these kinda of games after all." Sigh.

That was my dilemma. I bought NFS for the same reason and got the same shaft. What gets me is the venom spewed when someone in my position complains about the lack of support.

"You should have KNOWN beforehand and not BOUGHT the GAME you DUMBASS! derp"

Top Bottom