• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Iztli

Excuse me, but does any one get random fps drops on the ps3 version? It's been happening a lot lately :O wondering if its the game or my ps3.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Are any Japanese players playing this?

Yeah, some. I think there was some kind of stream a while back.

Frieda is probably playing since he was into MK. I don't know if Tokido or anyone is gonna seriously play though, but it would be fuckin awesome if they did. Tokido wanted to play MK9 at first but he quit because there was nobody in Japan to play with.

edit: Abegen's playing apparently.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Injustice confirmed for the 9th EVO game.

That don't even make any sense. Many people pouring their money and hearts out at cancer donation, so Super Smash Bros Melee won the donation. SkullGirls didn't even added to Evo but Injustice did. I bet that they got money from company to bribe them to add InJustice to the list. Now I felt bad for SkullGirls even more.

Horseress

That don't even make any sense. Many people pouring their money and hearts out at cancer donation, so Super Smash Bros Melee won the donation. SkullGirls didn't even added to Evo but Injustice did. I bet that they got money from company to bribe them to add InJustice to the list. Now I felt bad for SkullGirls even more.

Jebayley, CEO's (a big FG tournament) organizer, said yesterday that, so far, more than 50 people already signed up for Injustice, while SkullGirls has only 5 so far.
THAT'S why SkullGirls is not at EVO and Injustice is

EDIT: Ok, WB moneyhats FTW, but still, there's way more people playing Injustice

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Jebayley, CEO's (a big FG tournament) organizer, said yesterday that, so far, more than 50 people already signed up for Injustice, while SkullGirls has only 5 so far.
THAT'S why SkullGirls is not at EVO and Injustice is

EDIT: Ok, WB moneyhats FTW, but still, there's way more people playing Injustice

Yeah. And Skullgirls is gonna have a side tournament with a nice pot bonus and top 8 is going to be streamed anyway. The Skullgirls community is being treated well, all things considered.

DR2K

Banned

Nothing to feel bad about, NRS is putting money into making EVO even bigger. Tons of people play Injustice as opposed to Skullgirls as well.

Skullgirls is going through a major update at the moment thanks to fans, nothing to feel bad about. Hopefully Super Skullgirls makes it as a major game next EVO.

Daingurse

golden-ticket.gif

It's finally here! Time to get high and play dat story mode.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
There's this dude I've run into like 10 times. Quits at the select screen every time, and I always get a loss even when I go to the leaderboard first. I think he's just farming wins that way or something, lol

I think that's got something to do with this game's netcode. I used to have the same problem happen all the time when I played Mortal Kombat on PS3. Never had it happen on the 360 version. It's only happened once to me so far in Injustice.

I did have a LOL-worthy match against a Deathstroke spammer yesterday- I picked Catwoman to see the new DLC outfit and he proceeded to spam away. Got me down to my second lifebar at 25%. Then I got close and kept comboing and doing constant jump-in hard attacks. He rage quit right when I would have won. I LOL'd.

GrayFoxPL

Not really sure at all, I feel like I can punish as soon as the combo is blocked but I have to do a 1 or a 2 and then back forward special. I wish I could hold back to block and just hit forward+1 to make the special come out. I guess I'll just keep practicing punishing shit. I swear I lose games I shouldn't because I know what they are going to do and I block it, but after that I can't do shit. Ugh.

It's better to punish with quick strings+special unless you're pushed back too far.

You can quick back forward right after block stun, just practice and you'll be fine.

Edit: I did I quick check on flash and didn't notice anything post patch. Maybe dd2 is more responsive but it could be placebo.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Do any of the DLC costumes of the Titans and Bad Girls packs come with new win animations or quotes? Or any other cool quirks (unique projectiles, new hero cards, etc?)

Pre-thanks for any who can shed some light on this subject!

Ryce

I'm curious; I don't think we'll be getting any downloadable characters beyond the first four, but in the unlikely event that we do, I'm trying to put myself in the shoes of Power Girl fans. Did MK9 have clones/semi-clones? It's easy to make Batgirl a completely unique character by virtue of her canon; she's a gadget user and a tech expert. By nature, however, Power Girl (or Supergirl, who I feel is more likely to get in) is a Superman "clone." That's her thing. You can give Batgirl gauntlet claws or smoke pellets or anything else to differentiate her from Batman, but Power Girl is much more limited. Zod has the excuse of being a villain and a military general so NRS can give him some brutal, ruthless attacks and perhaps even some commando military grapples, but Power Girl/Supergirl is supposed to be like Superman, right down to all of that cheesy heroic hands-on-hips stuff.

Vanish

Has anyone had any luck linking their wbid account to the game? I got what I wanted from the ios game, but now when I try to link my account to the xbox game, I always get "WBID Account Link Failed"

Alfredo

Did MK9 have clones/semi-clones?

Not really. At least, not that I recall. I guess the closest you'd get would be Human Sektor and Human Cyrax. They were alternate costumes for Sektor and Cyrax, but they played slightly differently because they weren't robots anymore, so no exploding to teleport or shooting bombs and missiles out of their chests. So those moves had slightly different properties from their cyborg counterparts. Also stuff like different voices and win poses, etc. I guess the Injustice equivalent would be something like Yellow Lantern.

Injustice Monsters:
Here's a match breakdown for yall (if you didnt watch me do it on my stream last time) - Grand Finals match analysis between Tom Brady and Reo from Civil War 5. Even though this happened a few weeks ago, this is the first Injustice tourney and both players will be at ECT

1 hour long. If you watched my previous match analysis videos from other SF games, then you know the deal already:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z-JzAFRhyQ

Really cool stuff. Thanks.

Has anyone had any luck linking their wbid account to the game? I got what I wanted from the ios game, but now when I try to link my account to the xbox game, I always get "WBID Account Link Failed"

It takes forever but I eventually got it to work. Just keep retrying.

Moaradin

I'm having such a hard time doing down back forward motions. I can do it from the left-right side of the screen, but not the right-left side.

BadAss2961

So I start playing today, and i'm no longer getting the 5x XP for 50 matches that I just ordered the night before. 10 access cards down the drain.

wtf... Does it reset after you quit the game?

Grimsen

So I start playing today, and i'm no longer getting the 5x XP for 50 matches that I just ordered the night before. 10 access cards down the drain.

wtf... Does it reset after you quit the game?

yup. It appears in tooltips during gameplay, but is still pretty obscure.

Just had an amazing game with my Shazam.

I was up against a Superman and I at first lost 3x in a row, but then I came back up and beat the guy for the last 4x. It seems like after a while I found out his strategy and stopped him at everything he was doing. I still can't believe the combos I did on this guy because I thought I would never be able to pull them off on an online game. It feels good to fight someone who's at the same skill level as you.

I change my main characters so much that this time its Bane, Shazam, and Joker. Once I learn how to close in on those corner projectile spammers with my bane, I'll have him down set. Still wish people didn't do that though, it's so unprofessional.

Kizer

So I ended up fighting black adam and raven today. I never see these characters so I wasn't ready for black adam in the slightest. Raven is kind of a difficult fight for Doomsday until you get the chance to pop your armor.

Ryce

Not really. At least, not that I recall. I guess the closest you'd get would be Human Sektor and Human Cyrax. They were alternate costumes for Sektor and Cyrax, but they played slightly differently because they weren't robots anymore, so no exploding to teleport or shooting bombs and missiles out of their chests. So those moves had slightly different properties from their cyborg counterparts. Also stuff like different voices and win poses, etc. I guess the Injustice equivalent would be something like Yellow Lantern.
Ah, thanks. That's what I figured. Honestly, I'm at a loss when it comes to creating a move set for Power Girl that's unique from Superman. Can it be done?

I'm about to play Injustice, does anyone, who are Wii-U users, want to play me? I don't if it's possible because this version doesn't have private match.

Khezu

Ah, thanks. That's what I figured. Honestly, I'm at a loss when it comes to creating a move set for Power Girl that's unique from Superman. Can it be done?

Tekken is full of like 50 characters who all do various forms of martial arts, if they really wanted too, they could easily make a unique moveset for Powergirl, I could probably make one in like 10 minutes.

Kizer

Doesn't she have like telekenisis or something?

No. She has all the powers that Superman has. I suppose they could have her use them in a different manner, though. As batgirl would to batman. But she does have a vulnerability to Psionics. I am not sure if Superman has that.

Top Bottom