• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Kizer

That is the only worth while one. I would trade catwoman harley and barbra for him.

but you can't do that. Red Hood is like a mental version of death stroke. I am not bitter or anything because the fact is that it is what it is, but here you guys have a chance to voice your "we have too many batman characters" concern and you are throwing it away.

I would actually be ok with every single one of those characters on the list showing up except for red hood.

Village

but you can't do that. Red Hood is like a mental version of death stroke. I am not bitter or anything because the fact is that it is what it is, but here you guys have a chance to voice your "we have too many batman characters" concern and you are throwing it away.

I would actually be ok with every single one of those characters on the list showing up except for red hood.

GET OUT

Joking

But seriously, I voted static.

I knew dudidious would be getting the votes.

Ryce

To be completely honest, I don't care who we get so long as there's DLC beyond the initial four. Maybe I'm easy to please, but it's all icing on the cake.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I don't get why people are so against zoning. Played a Deathstroke at my student lounge and he was going on about "all the other Deathstrokes zone but I COMBO". People have some dumb sense of idk pride or some stupid shit that they will not play effectively. It's like, great you worked to get a 21% damage combo with DS, now go do that 10 more times to me and you'll beat me.

So stupid.

Oh and he did wake up sword flip every other time, to the point where I called each one out. His reasoning was "I use it to close the distance and it's hard to punish"

aaaraaaaaaarrrrrrgggghh

vg260

Hector Sanchez Retweeted the DLC poll, so I don't think it's a "troll" on Boon's part. They must seriously be considering another set of characters.

I'm cynical about their penchant for trolling, so I'm thinking it's a way to diffuse anger from the upset fans, although I think Batgirl is fine.

KevinCow

Banned
Why.

Why are people voting Red Hood.

This game does not need another Deathstroke, nor does it need another Batman character.

If there actually is a second batch of characters and he gets in over Zatanna, Swamp Thing, and Static - characters who could actually bring some interesting new play styles to the game - then everyone is horrible and sucks.

Edit: The only redeeming factor about Red Hood would be having Joker beat him with his crowbar.

Village

Why.

Why are people voting Red Hood.

This game does not need another Deathstroke, nor does it need another Batman character.

If there actually is a second batch of characters and he gets in over Zatanna, Swamp Thing, and Static - characters who could actually bring some interesting new play styles to the game - then everyone is horrible and sucks.

Edit: The only redeeming factor about Red Hood would be having Joker beat him with his crowbar.

Because he is awesome

Your jealous he got all that reboot alien sex.

OSHAN

For all that's good and green, vote Swamp Thing!

He's saved Superman, the planet, held Gotham hostage (while defeating Batman), and most importantly, convinced primordial chaos to not destroy the universe as we know it.

Vote for this Thing!

Swamp-Thing-Vol.-2-21-1984.jpg

Just look at those eyes. Don't make him mad.

shaowebb

I was soooooo torn on this one. Doctor Fate would be a fucking boss in this game and would add a lot of options to playstyle, and so would Swamp Thing. Plus I voted for Power Girl and love that character and Static deserves some love...

In the end though I just asked myself who I would feel like maining out of that list and it became easy.

VOTED RED HOOD.

He is one of my favorite DC characters and as a Kamen Rider fan he hits all the right buttons for me in the looks department. From his antihero themes to his action to his look to his debut he has had me hooked on his character. If he was in I'd possibly dump Green Arrow.

OSHAN

These Red Hood votes... when did Jason Todd become a character people didn't want dead and buried?

I was hoping Joker would kill him again in Death of the Family.

Kizer

I was soooooo torn on this one. Doctor Fate would be a fucking boss in this game and would add a lot of options to playstyle, and so would Swamp Thing. Plus I voted for Power Girl and love that character and Static deserves some love...

In the end though I just asked myself who I would feel like maining out of that list and it became easy.

VOTED RED HOOD.

He is one of my favorite DC characters and as a Kamen Rider fan he hits all the right buttons for me in the looks department. From his antihero themes to his action to his look to his debut he has had me hooked on his character. If he was in I'd possibly dump Green Arrow.

You. You wound me.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
As disappointed as I am with the way the first season pass is turning out, I seriously hope a second one is in the works as there are so many great possible additions. For now, I'm voting for Swamp Thing.

How do people know Red Hood is getting the most votes? I can't see where to find results.

Dueck

Banned
I can't hate for people voting for Red Hood, to be honest I almost would have taken him over Nightwing/Batgirl

Agreed, completely. I'm more butt-hurt that Ed Boon's (old) poll, which had Power Girl win in a landslide, has seemingly been ignored. I'm pretty sure Batgirl was actually last of the 3 options, yet here she is! I don't hate her, or anything, I just think there are far better female characters to choose from from Batman. Talia al Ghul would've been interesting. History tells us whoever loses this poll has the best chance of being included as DLC.

Voted for Dr. Fate. Was going for swamp thing as a runner up a long with blue beetle.

Zatanna doesn't seem like much of a fighter compared to most of the choices, she has strong magic but most incarnations I've seen of her barely use h2h combat. Red Hood is another batman char, no thanks, we already have deathstroke as our batman family ninja/assassin. Don't really care for static or powergirl.

Ryce

Agreed, completely. I'm more butt-hurt that Ed Boon's (old) poll, which had Power Girl win in a landslide, has seemingly been ignored. I'm pretty sure Batgirl was actually last of the 3 options, yet here she is! I don't hate her, or anything, I just think there are far better female characters to choose from from Batman. Talia al Ghul would've been interesting.
It's been mentioned to death, but the Batgirl/Power Girl/Supergirl thing wasn't a poll. Eventhubs invented a story over a meaningless Tweet and held their own poll, which in turn confused everybody.

shaowebb

I voted for myself out of pure greed and love for Red Hood. I regret nothing. Whoever makes it in if any off of that list it will be amazing as all of them are great potential picks.

However, I think the biggest crowd pleaser that they should include no matter how I vote is this guy right here.

t8v6IDX.png

He was quite a few people's childhood hero and he is a very popular and completely a WB thing that is now DC canon. From self advertisement to fan nods this guy is smart money and would please a lot of people who dreamed of playing him in a game someday.

Im an adult in my view of this. If I dont get my way I'm cool with it and I'd probably feel proudest of NRS if Static made it in for the fans instead.

Wheres Plastic Man?

He's one of my favorite superheroes right next to Captain America and Ghost Rider. I like comedic characters, so Plastic Man is an easy yes for me. After all their's not many comical DC superheroes nowadays. The only ones off the top of my head that are usually all the time funny are Flash, Plastic Man, and Booster Gold. Personally my top 3 wanted are Statics Shock, Plastic Man, and Beast Boy. Don't know why but seeing Beast Boy turning into numerous animals would be the coolest thing ever in a fighting game. If I don't see these 3 it won't make or break the game for me but it will make me more pleased to play it.

I voted Static Shock btw.

Yeah. Imagine if his trait was sending electricity through stage interactables? I think it would be interesting.

I'd rather a Magneto clone.

stopping on your face. one tri-jump at a time.

He's one of my favorite superheroes right next to Captain America and Ghost Rider. I like comedic characters, so Plastic Man is an easy yes for me. After all their's not many comical DC superheroes nowadays. The only ones off the top of my head that are usually all the time funny are Flash, Plastic Man, and Booster Gold. Personally my top 3 wanted are Statics Shock, Plastic Man, and Beast Boy. Don't know why but seeing Beast Boy turning into numerous animals would be the coolest thing ever in a fighting game. If I don't see these 3 it won't make or break the game for me but it will make me more pleased to play it.

I voted Static Shock btw.

Static is funny, just childish funny.

kyo27

can anyone give me any useful tips on the timing of a meter burn in the middle of a combo? for example Green Lantern's d,b+1 in the middle of a combo is impossible for me to meter burn on a consistent basis.

Alfredo

Who would voice Zatanna if she got in? Would Jennifer Hale be doing a third character, since she voiced Zatanna (and Killer Frost) in Justice League?

Grimsen

can anyone give me any useful tips on the timing of a meter burn in the middle of a combo? for example Green Lantern's d,b+1 in the middle of a combo is impossible for me to meter burn on a consistent basis.

You can input the meter burn super early. You can mash it if you want to be sure.

shaowebb

The timing on a move's meter burn is different depending on the move being done for the character. Some you meter burn as you do it, some you meter burn during certain parts of the animation and either way the timing online may be slightly different in some cases.

Go to the lab and just practice the move over and over is all I can tell you until you get it down. Each move is different and you have to get used to the timing on each.

Plastic Man is such a threat. He'd be fantastic. I mean really, imagine beating people's asses with that goofy mother fucker!

He's fucking classic too. Did I mention he's a big ass threat?

I'm not sure if u noticed this but I laughed at that sentence. Mr. Fantastic... he'll be fantastic. Not sure if that pun was intended but it made me laugh.

Daingurse

I'm not sure if u noticed this but I laughed at that sentence. Mr. Fantastic... he'll be fantastic. Not sure if that pun was intended but it made me laugh.

Unintentional but funny in hindsight. Plastic Man would straight murder Reed Richards though. I like Mr. Fantastic too, I was hoping he'd make it in MVC3. I guess Super Skrull is a compromise.

Pimpbaa

I voted Powergirl. But I regret it, because of how inept the artists at Netherrealm are and how they would butcher her. Still can't get over how bad Batgirl looks.

Khezu

I have never been a fan of Batgirl's hair popping out her mask.

I'm surprised we haven't seen Robin.

Might be a costume in the Killing Joker pack, actually I can't remember if he was even in that.
But there is not really a whole lot else to choose from, and I doubt they would put a Batgirl skin in the pack.

I voted Powergirl. But I regret it, because of how inept the artists at Netherrealm are and how they would butcher her. Still can't get over how bad Batgirl looks.

Her costume is basically just Stephs with a weird yellow mantle on her cape.

Ryce

Might be a costume in the Killing Joker pack, actually I can't remember if he was even in that.
But there is not really a whole lot else to choose from, and I doubt they would put a Batgirl skin in the pack.
I don't necessarily think the name of the pack means all three costumes have to be from the Killing Joke comic; so long as one of the costumes satisfies that title it'll make enough sense. I wouldn't exactly call Wonder Woman a "bad girl."

I'm hoping the pack will consist of...

Tourist Joker
Classic Batman (gray and blue, which he also wore in Killing Joke)
Classic Robin

Top Bottom