• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Ferrio

Banned
I know there are a few other Harley mains.

Sometimes when I do the combo B22 xx DB3, sometimes I get B2 xx BF2.
I know its probably my own execution and I should stop mashing(though I have no idea how it comes out like that), but has anyone else had this happen to them?

Also linking a B3 after a DB3 1 seems kinda finicky, sometimes it connects and sometimes it doesn't, even in practice mode.

Do you have negative edge (Release check) on? If so might fix your issue if you turn it off.

As for the B3 from DB3,1 well that's just timing. It's actually not that strict say compared to hawkgirls B3 link.

Jonogunn

Just got th game and gave it a try. My god I can't play this at all. Too much street fighter.

Weird cause when I played mk9 I had no problem with the feel of the game but this one is so damn foreign.

I was Green Arrow and pushing buttons like you guys said.

And then I found out if I pushed the "A" button I shot arrows!

I am now pushing the "A" button.

sephi22

Fuck Aquaman. Shazam is so fun its ridiculous.

I beat this Black Adam player with Shazam that I couldn't beat with Aquaman.
f.2,2 -> pause -> Ex Standing Grab -> Orgasm

All day.
Fuck Aquaman. Fuck Grundy. I'm maining the little kid now!
SHAZAM!

Also crossed 500 online wins today. Feels bad man. I need to study for finals but this is crack.

@Ferrio & @QisTopTier
Since you guys are the really competent Injustice Imbeciles I know here, I'd like to ask you what you think of the notion that Harley's top 10 in this game?
I heard someone on the Pig of the Hut podcast say that. Her Trait is ass but they swear she's ridiculous even without it.

Also I gotta hand it to this game for keeping all those useless stats. I dont' know where I would of been if I hadn't known how many sets of armor were destroyed in Wayne Manor.
Those stats are so fradulent. More than a million matches played by single characters before Day 1? Yeah right.
It also lists more superman matches played than the number of time superman's fired his laser. That's absolute BS.

Also, I got my first love mail today. I was so taken aback by the first message I asked him what he meant and his reply cracked me up.

0PcXHQH.jpg

yMJi9De.jpg

shaowebb

I love that vid so much.

Folks need to get it through their heads that 90%+ of their damned week 1 gripes that have them all yelling "buff this/nerf that" are reactionary garbage talk brought about because they are not bothering to learn how you are supposed to move in Injustice. This game doesn't have block cancel-able dashes, wave dashing, or projectiles able to cancel out other projectiles.

This means Injustice has a completely different metagame on how to get around than most are used to.

Folks aren't bothering to learn how to block then dash in, or how to block and pick moves to use for punishes on folks. Folks are trying to play this like its Street Fighter or MK9 or some other fighter they are used to and when it gets them blown up versus zoning they go crazy and claim things need buffed and nerfed to compensate for their own lack of effort towards learning how to move and get in.

You dont need to be a pro to learn how to block and dash.

Cynar

I've been playing Sinestro and got a few hate mails from it. People don't understand how zoner characters work at all I guess. :| There are a few people who absolutely bodied me in rank though, this one grundy I was fighting was so good at getting in. So much fun.

Odinson

Pick Doomsday and push buttons.

Did that last night and won a few matches with him...lol I like him so I'm going to learn to play with him legit. Also getting my CW bnb's down. Had fun messing around with other characters last night. Going to try to learn Black Adam, Hawk Girl and Aqua-man.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Does anyone have any advice for countering Grundy? He's like the one character that I have no clue how to fight. Can his ground throws be avoided?(other than not getting knocked down) I've been swapping back and forth between Doomsday and Supes and I don't really have any success with either. Probably doesn't help that so far I'm unable to tell when he can't be staggered, Doomsday turns green, Luthor has the shield, what is the visual indicator for Grundy?

shaowebb

For those wondering what was up with the button check problems at Civil War you should read this and check your controls.

There is a problem with "default" at the bottom of custom 1,2,3 and 4.

If you change your controls and want them to go back to default then DO NOT USE default.

It seems that every custom ( 1,2,3,4) has it's own default.

I've been trying to Troubleshoot the issue but the results are really too mixed.

Best way to see this
Go to custom 1 and then to default. Make notice of what you see on the controls.

Then go to custom 2, and then click default.

You will notice that custom 1 and custom 2 default are not the same.

Always try and set your controls yourself.

DEFAULT ON CUSTOM 1 IS NOT EVEN REAL DEFAULT.
SO PLEASE BE CAREFUL AND FIX YOUR CONTROLS.

I can't remember if I hit default on custom 1 or not, but I might be playing my xbox on an incorrect layout currently.
I've been playing on xbox pad and my layout is.
Wxc0YmG.jpg

x=light
y=medium
A=heavy
b=trait

are my controls supposed to be normally

x=light
y=medium
B=heavy
a=trait

...so that light, medium, heavy are all in a row with trait hanging out under them?

AEREC

Finally I got my Arrow skin. Had to pm the facebook page so if anyone else is having problem pm the facebook page and give them your email, region and system also it would help if you screen cap the page on the injustice battle arena site where it shows that you unlocked it(Make the part that shows your facebook profile is in the pic.)
arrowskinunlock_zps46d50a75.jpg

Is there anyway to get this page back so I can screencap it? Im at the injustice site and I chose the arrow skin but I dont see how to get that page to show.

Chindogg

The majority of GLs I've seen just rely on that

Well his entire offense is centered around Lantern's Might (ring grab.) LM is actually pretty safe in general and super fast. However they should be working on pressuring 223xxchaingun or trying to footsie with b13xxLM or b12 if they block low.

Sephzilla

The majority of GLs I've seen just rely on that

Well, the ring grab is kind of the lynch pin of Green Lantern's offense. It's the move that sets up most of his bigger combos. If they arent relying on that move to some extent then they're just doing GL wrong.

Obviously if you're just trying to catch people with the ring grab when they're just standing there, you're doing it wrong. You should be setting it up with an overhead attack or some footsies. The only times I ever do the ring grab without a proper set up beforehand is to punish an opponent or use it as an anti-air maneuver.

Edit: Looks like Chindogg beat me to the punch on this.

LakeEarth

It's like people bitching about using Haggar's pipe in UMvC3. His offense is entirely based on pipe, and his other offense is weak and only useable because of people blocking due to the threat of pipe.

DR2K

Banned
Deathstroke is so fucking stupid. Learning the match up though, so all these shitty DS players are good for something.

Cynar

For those wondering what was up with the button check problems at Civil War you should read this and check your controls.

I can't remember if I hit default on custom 1 or not, but I might be playing my xbox on an incorrect layout currently.
I've been playing on xbox pad and my layout is.
Wxc0YmG.jpg

x=light
y=medium
A=heavy
b=trait

are my controls supposed to be normally

x=light
y=medium
B=heavy
a=trait

...so that light, medium, heavy are all in a row with trait hanging out under them?

No, your controls are setup according to that layout. It's all good.

Sephzilla

I don't have much of an issue against Deathstroke, they're just annoying to fight and are generally no fun to play against.

Oddly enough, I seem to have a lot of trouble fighting Harley.

sephi22

Does anyone have any advice for countering Grundy? He's like the one character that I have no clue how to fight. Can his ground throws be avoided?(other than not getting knocked down) I've been swapping back and forth between Doomsday and Supes and I don't really have any success with either. Probably doesn't help that so far I'm unable to tell when he can't be staggered, Doomsday turns green, Luthor has the shield, what is the visual indicator for Grundy?
I have some. I'm a Grundy main so take this as 'This is the stuff I have trouble dealing with' rather than 'This is what beats me'

General:
Unless you're sure your jump in attack is going to crossup, do not jump in on Grundy. His down 2 has a good hitbox and he gets a free chain grab if it hits.
Grundy's swamp hands hits low so you ideally want to block low at full screen distance.
Whatever you do, do NOT get cornered by Grundy.
Abuse backdashes on wakeup if the Grundy player shows that he's not going to do meaty moves. If he does, abuse your wakeup specials.

Superman:
You ideally want to stay in the air as much as possible. Grundy does not have many options against superman's airdash. You can also do air laser to keep him at bay, but there's a chance if the Grundy player is good, he can catch you in EX Swamp hands when you're about to hit the ground. So I would recommend meterburning your air lasers. A good strategy would be to use your mobility as much as possible, hit him with interactables and just keep away for the rest of the match. Its lame, but it must be done.

Doomsday:
Doomsday doesn't give me much trouble. But if the Grundy player does not have meter, abuse his meteor smash. If the Grundy player does have meter, he can b+3 MB for a full combo. You do not want that.
Also abuse him with df+2 (the ground smash attack) that does both overhead and low.

As for when Grundy can't be staggered - All of his meter burn specials have 1 hit of armor (he flashes green when you hit him). His walking corpse move (he'll walk forward outstretching his arms) also has 1 hit of armor.
His super has infinite armor, so you want to stay away.

Sephzilla

I have some. I'm a Grundy main so take this as 'This is the stuff I have trouble dealing with' rather than 'This is what beats me'

General:
Unless you're sure your jump in attack is going to crossup, do not jump in on Grundy. His down 2 has a good hitbox and he gets a free chain grab if it hits.
Grundy's swamp hands hits low so you ideally want to block low at full screen distance.
Abuse backdashes on wakeup if the Grundy player shows that he's not going to do meaty moves. If he does, abuse your wakeup specials.

Superman:
You ideally want to stay in the air as much as possible. Grundy does not have many options against superman's airdash. You can also do air laser to keep him at bay, but there's a chance if the Grundy player is good, he can catch you in EX Swamp hands when you're about to hit the ground. So I would recommend meterburning your air lasers. A good strategy would be to use your mobility as much as possible, hit him with interactables and just keep away for the rest of the match. Its lame, but it must be done.

Doomsday:
Doomsday doesn't give me much trouble. But if the Grundy player does not have meter, abuse his meteor smash. If the Grundy player does have meter, he can b+3 MB for a full combo. You do not want that.
Also abuse him with df+2 (the ground smash attack) that does both overhead and low.

As for when Grundy can't be staggered - All of his meter burn specials have 1 hit of armor (he flashes green when you hit him). His walking corpse move (he'll walk forward outstretching his arms) also has 1 hit of armor.

So as a Green Lantern main, my chaingun should be my friend against Grundy and his armor?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Ya I don't like how in the move list it shows buttons instead of Light, Medium, etc. Also don't like how the commands adjust if you're on the 2p side.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone

General:

Superman:

Doomsday:

Awesome, thanks. Its the one hit of armor I guess that always confused me the most, having some sort of idea how its triggered will be immensely helpful.

Requiem

Man, I am having a really hard time deciding who to main.

I've went from GA > Shazam > HawkGirl > Joker > Bane > and have now settled on Ares.

I just like them all so much

Sephzilla

Shoutouts to FSLink for the IOS skins!

I might need to bug him later or something. I had some Injustice iOS unlocks yesterday for getting cards in the iOS game but I never got the skins for some reason. I wanted to wait at least a day so I didn't completely look like an impatient jerk.

TheMink

Very much want to pick this up, quick question, how do you guys setup your fight sticks?

Also any vids to help me get started?

Nori Chan

Yoloispower.jpg

On greatest days
On crappiest nights
Bask in the warmth, of yolo's light
You only live once, so do it right
Yolo is power, yellow lantern's might

lol gamefaqs

MGrant

I'm slowly leveling up my Hawkgirl as time goes on, but still get lamed out by good Deathstroke players who get in my head. The match is super tedious since air guns shuts down her air approach and super slow air mace throw, so I'm left playing the block low > dash > block low game to get in. Once I'm in, the reach on her standing normals is too short in the face of his pizza cutter, so I mostly rely on d2 > fly > 2, mace charge for an easy 20%, and then go for a crossup divekick if I'm close enough. But getting him in the corner is nigh impossible for me. Any tips for this matchup?

Top Bottom