• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Gbraga

Messed around for a few minutes yesterday on training mode for the first time. I really like Batman, can anyone point me to a few good bnbs for me to start with? I'm getting 31% meterless, but I feel like I could get more.

fallingdove

I love that vid so much.

Folks need to get it through their heads that 90%+ of their damned week 1 gripes that have them all yelling "buff this/nerf that" are reactionary garbage talk brought about because they are not bothering to learn how you are supposed to move in Injustice. This game doesn't have block cancel-able dashes, wave dashing, or projectiles able to cancel out other projectiles.

This means Injustice has a completely different metagame on how to get around than most are used to.

Folks aren't bothering to learn how to block then dash in, or how to block and pick moves to use for punishes on folks. Folks are trying to play this like its Street Fighter or MK9 or some other fighter they are used to and when it gets them blown up versus zoning they go crazy and claim things need buffed and nerfed to compensate for their own lack of effort towards learning how to move and get in.

You dont need to be a pro to learn how to block and dash.

The problem for me is that it is a very different game fighting a deathstroke than the rest of the cast and it is boring as fuck. I have to dash in/block for 10 seconds if I want to have a chance at punishing the spamming. Then as soon I as punish, if the deathstroke gets far again and starts spamming, it is the same, slow, boring ass routine all over again.

I'm really enjoying this game. I always love the idea of fighting games, but usually don't end up playing them that much. Injustice just feels much more accessible up front and I feel more motivated to learn it.

I played some matches online last night as Grundy and I fought about 9 player matches in a row against the same Hawkgirl. I found that I'm having a really tough time avoiding Hawkgirl's super. It seems that blocking doesn't work because I still get grabbed and it goes into the super animation. Is jumping the only option to avoid it? When I'm up close as Grundy and Hawkgirl busts out the super, I feel like I react quickly, but I still get caught before my jump can get high enough. Any tips for dealing with this?

shaowebb

The problem for me is that it is a very different game fighting a deathstroke than the rest of the cast and it is boring as fuck. I have to dash in/block for 10 seconds if I want to have a chance at punishing the spamming. Then as soon I as punish, if the deathstroke gets far again and starts spamming, it is the same, slow, boring ass routine all over again.

They eventually hit the corner and if you hit them with a good enough combo they don't go back to that routine. They're best at fullscreen, but when they see their best position is getting them killed once you gain the life lead then they'd be an idiot to keep going for spam. Stick to it and stay on that ass. Once you land one combo they gotta find a way to get you back to full screen again before you lose your chances at another anyhow and Stroke is mad punishable on block. Likely they'll try sword spin and then get blown up for a second time on their wakeup if they are a spammer.

MGrant

I'm really enjoying this game. I always love the idea of fighting games, but usually don't end up playing them that much. Injustice just feels much more accessible up front and I feel more motivated to learn it.

I played some matches online last night as Grundy and I fought about 9 player matches in a row against the same Hawkgirl. I found that I'm having a really tough time avoiding Hawkgirl's super. It seems that blocking doesn't work because I still get grabbed and it goes into the super animation. Is jumping the only option to avoid it? When I'm up close as Grundy and Hawkgirl busts out the super, I feel like I react quickly, but I still get caught before my jump can get high enough. Any tips for dealing with this?

You can block Hawkgirl's super, but it's basically a slightly slower version of Superman's. It can punish jump-ins, dashes, and slow recoveries from a considerable distance, and be comboed into. Best advice I have is do not jump or dash unsafely when you see a Hawkgirl with full meter, and stick to getting in close to land either a bf3 or a chain grab to punish blocked divekicks/jump-ins.

Sephzilla

Yoloispower.jpg

On greatest days
On crappiest nights
Bask in the warmth, of yolo's light
You only live once, so do it right
Yolo is power, yellow lantern's might

lol gamefaqs

iDg9OU66rtDwC.gif

I'm watching a Deathstroke mirror match now lol

It's everything you'd expect.

Now they're raging on the mic because OMG Doomsday is so cheap. Bullets don't stop him!!

AEREC

Very much want to pick this up, quick question, how do you guys setup your fight sticks?

Also any vids to help me get started?

There was a pic a few pages back with a good setup...I believe it was:

1 2 MB Int

3 T st throw

Thats what I use anyways.

vg260

What's the best feeling layout for stick? I hate the default layout.

found it:

I have Madcatz and I do this:

L M H interact
meter stance power throw

I find this works best since you can use L+M for interacting, L+H for throw (kinda weird)or just hit the throw button w/ your pinky pretty easily without moving your hand much at all. Supers are also easy to do by just hitting meter+stance (A&B) buttons.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Rage quits are so much better when they're on the mic. Guy can't grasp the concept of overheads. For someone that uses Deathstroke and changed his gamertag to xxDeathxxStrokexx720 he really hates spamming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2yeqCnux1w

Pretty much every rage quit/disparaging remark I have received in this game is from bad Deathstroke players mad that they can't machinegun their way to victory.

onionfrog

I really like Batman, can anyone point me to a few good bnbs for me to start with? I'm getting 31% meterless, but I feel like I could get more.
The combo that I use is:
LLH b.H(wallbounce) j.H b.MHH [33%]

If you confirm off j.L it does 35%.

I haven't looked up any combos for batman so there may be better ones out there. I just figured this out one day in training mode.

aristotle

I don't know what it is, but I really can't get the timing down for most of the combos I've tried. It seemed much more fluid in MK9, but maybe it's just me.

Khezu

I don't know what it is, but I really can't get the timing down for most of the combos I've tried. It seemed much more fluid in MK9, but maybe it's just me.

Ya, combos were much easier in MK9. All you had to do in that game was simply dial in the entire combo and it worked with out much fuss.

aristotle

Ya, combos were much easier in MK9. All you had to do in that game was simply dial in the entire combo and it worked with out much fuss.

I think it's mainly be3cause my dexterity sucks since I got older. I grew up with SF2, KI, and the MK games in the arcades as a teenager. I was "decent" in SF4 on my ps3, but easily beatable. MK9 was really fluid to me. With this one, I have no idea if I'm doing a wrong button press or my timing is off for the combos. Plus each button press doesn't necessarily correspond to a hit all the time, i.e. some of Harley's moves. I like it well enough, but I can't even get a win in ranked (I just want the yellow costume!). Oh well. I haven't been much for competitive fighters since I hit about 25 anyway lol.

Ferrio

Banned
@Ferrio & @QisTopTier
Since you guys are the really competent Injustice Imbeciles I know here, I'd like to ask you what you think of the notion that Harley's top 10 in this game?
I heard someone on the Pig of the Hut podcast say that. Her Trait is ass but they swear she's ridiculous even without it.

She has some easy damage combos, decent mixups and pressure. She fails on her range of her normals, and being zoned. Her jump arc is very short, and anything she does at range can be punished by pretty much any other ranged character. I think she'll find her place right smack dab in mid of the tiers.

Nori Chan

Finally got my Arrow skin after contacting them on Facebook.
Still waiting on FS to hook me up with the iOS skins.

No word on a reply for me on fb, it's been a couple hours. I mean I assumed I would get one cause couple guys here said they got one a response almost immediately...

Sephzilla

I don't see the matchup being super bad. GL still has better pokes. He just can't leave the ground or stay further back than half screen.

The thing is if he gets further than half screen away it's pretty much game over. And since Raven's grab is pretty great it's super easy for her to get away.

Top Bottom