• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Intel Core Ultra 7 265KF and Core Ultra 5 245K benchmarks leaked

Celcius

°Temp. member
Out of curiosity I just ran GeekBench 6 on my i7 10700K @ 4.9ghz all core.
I got 1870 single core and 10232 multi core... looks the Core Ultra 7 will be a massive upgrade for me. Nearly double the performance in both single and multi core.

Last edited:

marquimvfs

I got 1870 single core and 10232 multi core... looks the Core Ultra 7 will be a massive upgrade for me. Nearly double the performance in both single and multi core.
It sure is a great upgrade. It is only a sidegrade compared to Core i7-14700KF, that does 3.004 points single and 19.583 multi. But there are others aspects to be considered, like power consumption, heat, efficiency and if it isn't affected by any silicon problems like the previous gen.

Last edited:

Silver Wattle

Gold Member
Hopefully they fix the stability/oxidation issues, Intel desperately needs a win.

I personally would not risk this gen from them though as they have behaved abhorrently.

Bry0

I genuinely don’t understand the new naming scheme or where these fit in the stack at all.

marquimvfs

Geekbench is useless.

Unless Intel goes backwards in gaming, it will beat Zen5...
Possible, even probable. It looks like they're trying to improve the single core performance at every cost, what will for sure helps in gaming. The question that's in the air is what is the efficiency of those mew chips and the price.

Also, why is Geekbench useless? I was always under impression that it simulates everyday tasks, not some obscure tools.

Last edited:
I've heard Geekbench multithreaded results are very unreliable but ST is solid

Leonidas

AMD's Dogma: ARyzen (No Intel inside)
Possible, even probable. It looks like they're trying to improve the single core performance at every cost, what will for sure helps in gaming. The question that's in the air is what is the efficiency of those mew chips and the price.
With a purported 100w drop for the i9 and rumors of AMD increasing 9700X TDP, Arrow Lake could even beat Zen5 in efficiency.

Clocks are going backwards due to TSMC. IPC ain't going up enough to provide a big bump. Should be better in games than Zen 5 but Zen 5 X3D is coming.
I'll still get a clock bump, as I'm on a mildly overclocked 13600K. And if I jump up to the i7, I'll be getting a decent clock bump + the improved IPC + 6 more cores... and the E-cores are clocked half a Ghz higher than what I'm at today.

Useless speculating Zen5 3D, we don't know when it launches, we don't know if it will be out when Arrow Lake arrives when I make my purchase, and it could be another dissapointing 5% increase over the last gen 3D.

And top gaming performance never mattered to me. I'll take 90% the top gaming performance if I can get 30% better MT and pay less.

Last edited:

marquimvfs

With a purported 100w drop for the i9 and rumors of AMD increasing 9700X TDP, Arrow Lake could even beat Zen5 in efficiency.
Well, we will see. Even with a 100w tdp it coud be above Zen. If they manage to be below Zen 5, it'll be a massive improvement for them. Also why Geekbench is useless? I was always under impression that it simulates everyday tasks, not some obscure tools.

Leonidas

Well, we will see. Even with a 100w tdp it coud be above Zen. If they manage to be below Zen 5, it'll be a massive improvement for them.
Its a 2 node improvement from Raptor Lake so I wouldn't be too surprised.

Also why Geekbench is useless? I was always under impression that it simulates everyday tasks, not some obscure tools.
After seeing Zen5's 15% IPC lead to 3% gaming performance, I am not really concerned with any of these early benchmarks. I'll care when we see some gaming numbers...

marquimvfs

After seeing Zen5's 15% IPC lead to 3% gaming performance, I am not really concerned with any of these early benchmarks. I'll care when we see some gaming numbers...
Right, then it's a personal matter? Because I thought that you had something to back up that claim.

Leonidas

Yeah. Just like you CPU being efficient at doing nothing is useless for this forum.
Web browsing and posting right now, my 13600K is using less power than your CPU at this very moment :messenger_sun:

Very useful when it comes to posting here, and browisng other sites, and reading e-books, something I do a lot of...

Last edited:

marquimvfs

and i can easily switch between tabs on a much larger screen, whilst reading ebook on the side as well, all while my cores are ilding in a low power state.
PC's are practical at multitask compared to smartphones. News at 11. But, like you said, that's a gaming forum, it doesn't matter.

Leonidas

PC's are practical at multitask compared to smartphones. News at 11. But, like you said, that's a gaming forum, it doesn't matter.
lots of users browse from their desktops, so it does matter if one CPU is more efficient in a low power state compared to another, if people really care about efficiency...

TheBreezyBB

Chiggs

Gold Member
lol...this is what's going to pull Intel's ass out of the fire?

J Jonah Jameson Laughing GIF

seems like the ultra 7 scores twice as much as my i9 109k, so by the time I upgrade years from now, performance/power usage ratio should be even better.

Codeblew

Does the NPU have any use in gaming or is it just for the AI bullshit that I will most likely turn off just like I turned off the Cortana crap?

Dr.D00p

Still in a CPU performance plateau...prioritising power, heat and efficiency are going to mean quite a few boring, small incremental upgrades over the next few years.

Ever increasing GPU performance Is going to leave bottlenecks all over the place. Only playing at 4K or higher, is going to push them.

Visual fidelity will greatly increase but framerates will remain stuck at current levels for the foreseeable future.

marquimvfs

Does the NPU have any use in gaming or is it just for the AI bullshit that I will most likely turn off just like I turned off the Cortana crap?
Well, NPUs are used to accelerate Neural Network processing. It have several use cases, and one of them is the Generative IA and voice recognition (the gimmick you're talking about). I think that, once it becomes more popular, it could be broadly used in gaming, but now, it isn’t. It could be used in upscaling, accelerate physics calculations and so on.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
Clocks are going backwards due to TSMC. IPC ain't going up enough to provide a big bump. Should be better in games than Zen 5 but Zen 5 X3D is coming.

Though not confirmed, Arrow Lake on the desktop is using Intel 20A. And on the Laptop, it's using TSMC N3.
The reason for these lower clocks might be to avoid the degradation they got with 13 and 14th gen.

winjer

Gold Member

It's mostly for things like Copilot. Tough there is also Microsoft Auto Super Resolution.
For games, we'll be using the Tensor cores in the GPUs, for things like DLSS, XeSS, PSSR, etc.

Dr.D00p

Though not confirmed, Arrow Lake on the desktop is using Intel 20A. And on the Laptop, it's using TSMC N3.
The reason for these lower clocks might be to avoid the degradation they got with 13 and 14th gen.

There's no doubt,IMO, that the Arrow Lake we are getting isn't going to be the Arrow Lake we could have had without all the recent trouble.

And yet despite it all my natural inclination is to still build a top end Intel PC over a top end AMD one, mainly because I think Intel is still inherently more stable when it comes to RAM speeds.

winjer

Gold Member
There's no doubt,IMO, that the Arrow Lake we are getting isn't going to be the Arrow Lake we could have had without all the recent trouble.

And yet despite it all my natural inclination is to still build a top end Intel PC over a top end AMD one, mainly because I think Intel is still inherently more stable when it comes to RAM speeds.

One of the Agesas released last year, improved memory compatibility for AM5 a lot. To the point that overclockers can now use 8000MT/s.
Though at higher speeds, Intel still has a slight edge.
But for the common, 6000MT/s, AMD and Intel are almost on par. As long as both are using QVL dimms, with EXPO/XMP.
On the other hand, the X3D parts have so much cache that memory speeds and tweaking become much less important.
So for people that don't care about spending hours tweaking memory, using an X3D part is the easiest and fastest way of getting top performance.

Top Bottom