• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inventory and Databases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Currently trying to keep a personal inventory of some stuff I have, and up until now I've been using Pilot-DB with my Sony Clie. It served its purpose well enough, but doesn't support over 500 records in a single db and becomes very hard to work with otherwise.

Now I'm considering managing the db on my PC then exporting it to my palm(CSV format would suffice), so I'm basically looking for a unix/linux equivalent to MS Access.... unless there's a better free db app for PalmOS.

Hitokage said:
Currently trying to keep a personal inventory of some stuff I have, and up until now I've been using Pilot-DB with my Sony Clie. It served its purpose well enough, but doesn't support over 500 records in a single db and becomes very hard to work with otherwise.

Now I'm considering managing the db on my PC then exporting it to my palm(CSV format would suffice), so I'm basically looking for a linux equivalent to MS Access.... unless there's a better free db app for PalmOS.

Sounds like you could use the a spreadsheet program to output the CSV from the PC... unless you wanted to put domain constraints and enforce column types... There is an openoffice app that does spreadsheets... maybe called 'calc'... I can't really remember though...

Openoffice also has an access equivalent IIRC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom