• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 7 | Flatness Is a Good Thing

Desmond

Anyone know if it's possible to sort albums in the new cover flow-style thing? It seems to be sorting by album title. I want it by artist title.

multivac

Making the spotlight search be a pull-down menu from the homescreen was awesome, but they took away the ability for it to perform an internet search, making it ABSOLUTELY USELESS. I am dumbfounded as to why they would remove that feature.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to use spotlight search. If I drag down from the top of the screen all I get are notifications. Any ideas? I use spotlight for like 95% of my app switching instead of searching out the icon.

Guess Who

Banned
I cannot for the life of me figure out how to use spotlight search. If I drag down from the top of the screen all I get are notifications. Any ideas? I use spotlight for like 95% of my app switching instead of searching out the icon.

Don't drag down from the top of the screen, drag down from the middle, like you're pulling your home screen icons down.

subrock

Just looked at the GM build number on developer.apple.com and its 11A465 just like retail so I guess there's no good reason to reinstall.

Noema

Is there any way to get rid of the 3.2 GIGS of space my messages are taking up? It's fucking ridiculous.

Do you send / recieve lot of photos via iMessage? GIFs? Because that's what's taking up all that space.

Only way of freeing up all that space is by either deleting all your iMessage history or deleting the images one by one if you want to keep the messages.

-Horizon-

Oh man, some of the apps that haven't updated yet with weird border lines is bothering me now. I never even knew this would be an issue I would have lol.

So I get to "Verifying Update" then after about 45 secs I get "Update Software Unavailable - Software Update is not available at this time. Try again later"

Anyone else getting this? What gives?

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I heard of people having issues with their New iPads (3) during the latest betas. Something to the effect of lagginess and missing effects— blur/frost instead of the cool transparency they touted. The Mini retained it but not the iPad 2/3. Are those issues still persisting in the public release?

Guess Who

Banned
I heard of people having issues with their New iPads (3) during the latest betas. Something to the effect of lagginess and missing effects— blur/frost instead of the cool transparency they touted. The Mini retained it but not the iPad 2/3. Are those issues still persisting in the public release?

Yup!

Dartastic

Do you send / recieve lot of photos via iMessage? GIFs? Because that's what's taking up all that space.

Only way of freeing up all that space is by either deleting all your iMessage history or deleting the images one by one if you want to keep the messages.
That's fucking STUPID. And there's no way to just see the photos so I can delete them, is there? Additionally, they won't be deleted if I sync my photos in iPhoto, will they? GRR.

Rootbeer

Banned
just did a clean restore of ios7 on my 4S... iTunes 11.1 crashed the first time. Second time it worked, but now I can't activate my phone :( so i'm stuck at like the very first screen, can't open or do anything till it gets activated

Apple... has more money than god... but clearly not enough servers :|

Cheddahz

Banned
So I get to "Verifying Update" then after about 45 secs I get "Update Software Unavailable - Software Update is not available at this time. Try again later"

Apple's servers are probably going nuts right now, just give it some time

mcfrank

Probably about 40 million people trying to update at the same time.

Noema

And there's no way to just see the photos so I can delete them, is there? Additionally, they won't be deleted if I sync my photos in iPhoto, will they? GRR.

Only way of seeing the photos is by scrolling up your iMessage chat logs. They are separate from your stored camera roll photos so they I don't think they'll be deleted. I regularly move all the contents of my camera roll to my computer but the iMessage images remain in iMessage.

The thing is that with iOS 7 it's the 1st time the phone actually reports that the messages are taking up X amount of space; before that the phone wouldn't report it and it would be lumped in with "other".

After 2 years of iMessage, I've sent and recieved probably thousands of photos and GIFs and it just adds up. I was pretty shocked to see that iMessage was taking up over 2GB in my device.

Desmond

Anyone know if it's possible to sort albums in the new cover flow-style thing? It seems to be sorting by album title. I want it by artist title.
Does anyone know? OCD is driving me nuts here.

Also, when looking at artists, instead of an album cover, it just has the text for the artist and the album title. Anyone know how or get the album cover to show?

Slowdive

Banned
Played around with it for a while. I love the look of it. It looks really, really nice, better than I expected from the screenshots. I didn't really like the new look coverflow at first but it's alright I guess. I didn't know itunes radio wasn't available in the UK yet, really wanted to try that.

Top Bottom