• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Jailbreak/Unlock |OT|

harSon

Banned
Can someone point me to a tutorial on how to customize my iPad's theme and lockscreen? I have Winterboard, but are the 99% pay only themes present within Cyndia's main theme page the extent of the customization?

Since notifications on the lock screen are broke for me right now, what can I download that will show a mail icon on my task bar if I have a new email?

aparisi2274

So I have a question...

I have the iPhone 4S running 6.1 and I have jailbroken my phone, so I was curious as to how easy this new jailbreak is? The Evasi0n is the one I've been looking to use, so if anyone has info on it, I'd really appreciate it.

jediyoshi

the new evasi0n update showing up for anyone in cydia yet?

So I have a question...

I have the iPhone 4S running 6.1 and I have jailbroken my phone, so I was curious as to how easy this new jailbreak is? The Evasi0n is the one I've been looking to use, so if anyone has info on it, I'd really appreciate it.

easiest I've used, doesn't involve going into dfu mode or anything crazy.

Red

Anyone else having springboard crashes? It can't be random but I can't replicate them. Most often it happens when hitting the home button. Phone crashes and goes into safe mode.

Anyone else having springboard crashes? It can't be random but I can't replicate them. Most often it happens when hitting the home button. Phone crashes and goes into safe mode.

This occured when I had Auxo and Shrink installed. Auxo doesn't work well with Shrink atm.

Ambitious

Anyone know a theme/tweak which makes the status bar transparent only on the lockscreen? I used to have one, but it was part of a Clear Lockscreen theme - there are so many, I can't find the right one.

edit: I'm also looking for a tweak that allows me to block updates for specific apps. My favorite dictionary app contains ads since the last update, but no in-app purchase to remove them. Haven't updated since then and the app store badge is bothering me.

Accident

Can you post a link to the tweaks you're using here and how to install them?

I'm using Clock Builder. I found the app in the AppStore when I was looking for Typophone Clock. I think that they are developed by the same guy. The app works really good. They have hundreds of user-made themes that you can download and edit, or you can make a new theme from scratch.
Clock Builder is basically just the interface, you also need to get TypoClock Builder from Cydia to get it work, but it's really easy to use.

Jf5jBhm.png

Some of the screens that you can download, and you can customize everything using drag and drop.

Enzom21

I would like a separate thread for themes and how to do it.

How do you get those themes on your phone? SHSH?

Guys, I promised to jailbreak my parents iPhone 4 and 4S tonight - do you have links? The evasi0n.com one is down and I also need to get to bed as I'm gonna wake up early for school.

EDIT:
Found one.

Yes, you can SSH into the phone or you can use i-funbox

This one?

I think it would be better if we had a dedicated iOS theme thread. I wouldn't mind helping people out.
I'll create a new one.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Any iOS6-compatible alternative to Backgrounder? Being able to keep an application running in the background (ie. IRC) without annoying notifications every 10 min would be quite appreciated.

Pachimari

the new evasi0n update showing up for anyone in cydia yet?

easiest I've used, doesn't involve going into dfu mode or anything crazy.
Showed up earlier today.

Anybody Using ikeywi? Its Capitalizing Every Word And The Double Space For Period Isnt Working Wtf

See Above
I'm having no problems with iKeyWi on iPhone 5 iOS6.

Yes, you can SSH into the phone or you can use i-funbox

I'll create a new one.
Let us know when you have the thread up. :)

What are people jailbreaking their Apple TV's for? I'm thinking of jailbreaking mine but does it add any other functionality than Plex? I LOVE Plex and it would be really useful.

For those missing notifications on their Lockscreen.

Download the app Open Notifier (Cydia.) It allows you to designate an icon for an app to display on your task bar (For example: When I have new Mail it shows an envelope on my task bar, when I have a new notification on the game Megapolis it shows an exclamation point on the task bar.)

So the notification will not show up on your lockscreen but you will see the icon on the taskbar and know that you have a badge on the app.

Pachimari

I'm using Clock Builder. I found the app in the AppStore when I was looking for Typophone Clock. I think that they are developed by the same guy. The app works really good. They have hundreds of user-made themes that you can download and edit, or you can make a new theme from scratch.
Clock Builder is basically just the interface, you also need to get TypoClock Builder from Cydia to get it work, but it's really easy to use.

Jf5jBhm.png

Some of the screens that you can download, and you can customize everything using drag and drop.
I'll try this out tomorrow morning! Thanks.

I bought Stealth Cam, it doesn't work on iOS 6.1 for iPhone 5 yet. Hope they're updating.

Ashhong

For those missing notifications on their Lockscreen.

Download the app Open Notifier (Cydia.) It allows you to designate an icon for an app to display on your task bar (For example: When I have new Mail it shows an envelope on my task bar, when I have a new notification on the game Megapolis it shows an exclamation point on the task bar.)

So the notification will not show up on your lockscreen but you will see the icon on the taskbar and know that you have a badge on the app.

I was using this app to show an icon when my phone is in silent mode and it made my phone screwy. Staying away from it for now.

So I installed five icon dock and it jacked up my app organization. So I uninstalled that, and then installed infinifolders and the same thing happened. After I deleted the tweaks, the folders went back to normal. Does anybody have any idea what's causing this? I had them both installed on my 4s and they seem to be remembering old folder names and things like this. Is there any way to fix this? I searched around and have not found an answer. Thanks!

lexi

Banned
Re: ClockBuilder and TypoClock, I have it all working and such but how do you hide the original apple-style date and time? My theme loads correctly but the lockscreen still shows the old style clock as well as the new funky clock.

Re: ClockBuilder and TypoClock, I have it all working and such but how do you hide the original apple-style date and time? My theme loads correctly but the lockscreen still shows the old style clock as well as the new funky clock.

Download "Clock Hide"

Shaneus

The only major problem I'm having at the moment is that under Springtomize options, I can change the toolbar thing to display the time, a custom message, free RAM etc., but it will not utilise the time + free RAM option... it just appears blank. That kills me, because I kinda like to know both at the drop of a hat.

Anyone else confirm? Happens on both my iPad 3 and 4S.

Ashhong

So I installed five icon dock and it jacked up my app organization. So I uninstalled that, and then installed infinifolders and the same thing happened. After I deleted the tweaks, the folders went back to normal. Does anybody have any idea what's causing this? I had them both installed on my 4s and they seem to be remembering old folder names and things like this. Is there any way to fix this? I searched around and have not found an answer. Thanks!

Describe how it's being jacked up. I have no problems with Infinifolders

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
anyone noticing a battery drain with the jb on iphone5?

also, is there a setting in sb setting to enable/disable lte?

Carlisle

So the libweather weather icon mod (shows current temp on the iOS weather app icon) was one of the jb hacks that carried over from my 4 to my 5 when I upgraded, only it got permanently stuck at the temp it was on my last 4 backup. Been waiting for a 5 jb so I can reinstall libweather to uninstall it. Finally got the chance to do it, and not only did it not fix the problem, it broke my weather app and now it crashes upon opening every time.

Is it just that the libweather hasn't been properly updated by the dev, or is there another way to get rid of this damn temperature badge on my weather icon without doing a wipe without restore?

Also notifications do not show up in the lockscreen with Clockbuilder (tried different themes). Any fixes?

hirokazu

So the libweather weather icon mod (shows current temp on the iOS weather app icon) was one of the jb hacks that carried over from my 4 to my 5 when I upgraded, only it got permanently stuck at the temp it was on my last 4 backup. Been waiting for a 5 jb so I can reinstall libweather to uninstall it. Finally got the chance to do it, and not only did it not fix the problem, it broke my weather app and now it crashes upon opening every time.

Is it just that the libweather hasn't been properly updated by the dev, or is there another way to get rid of this damn temperature badge on my weather icon without doing a wipe without restore?

I don't think it's caused by your previous libweather installation, but there's a fix to stop the app from crashing:

http://www.cultofmac.com/214783/cyd...x-ios-6-weather-app-bug-in-evasi0n-jailbreak/

So what do I do now that I've (stupidly) restored and updated my phone on a different computer than usual and have lost everything? Can I just restore the phone on my regular computer or is that to obvious to work?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
So what do I do now that I've (stupidly) restored and updated my phone on a different computer than usual and have lost everything? Can I just restore the phone on my regular computer or is that to obvious to work?

Yeah, you can restore from a backup on your regular computer and it'll be fine. You won't even have to re-jailbreak it. Don't do a factory restore or whatever, just go to your iphone in itunes and choose "restore from backup" and pick whichever is the most recent.

Oh thank god. It's actually less of an issue now that I've realised my contacts were on iCloud so don't have to worry about recollecting those. Does restoring also bring back all my previous jailbreak settings too? I haven't updated since ios 5 (still using a 3GS) so don't recall much about this process anymore.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Oh thank god. It's actually less of an issue now that I've realised my contacts were on iCloud so don't have to worry about recollecting those. Does restoring also bring back all my previous jailbreak settings too? I haven't updated since ios 5 (still using a 3GS) so don't recall much about this process anymore.

From my own experience it seems like restoring a backup also restores a bunch of jailbreak settings, but not the tweaks themselves. For me, while it didn't restore the Winterboard themes I'd had, it knew which ones were previously selected when I reinstalled them, my prevous NCSettings layout was also already set up when I installed that too. It's a little hit and miss though, I wouldn't rely on it too much.

Top Bottom