• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Jailbreak/Unlock |OT|

Enzom21

So what's the process of upgrading to the new iOS as they release? Is there a way to keep all your jailbreak settings during this process?
You can use backup apps from Cydia like Pkgbackup. Your iTunes backup will only save the settings from your jailbreak tweaks, not the tweaks themselves.
How come in Cydia they dont tell you that you have to restore? Says you can update via iTunes, just that it will become jailbroken. Guess I'll restore though, thanks for the info. Saw that the closed exploit post was from like a week ago, so I guess it's outdated info.
That is referring to updating from a non-jailbroken device. If you are jailbroken you can't update without receiving an error. It is always best to restore if you are jailbroken so you won't duplicate certain files.

Ashhong

You can use backup apps from Cydia like Pkgbackup. Your iTunes backup will only save the settings from your jailbreak tweaks, not the tweaks themselves.
That is referring to updating from a non-jailbroken device. If you are jailbroken you can't update without receiving an error. It is always best to restore if you are jailbroken so you won't duplicate certain files.

Sounds good. Seems I have to do that anyway because something is fucking up with the photos in this iPad. Just to make sure, restoring a backup is ok right? And that will basically bring it back exactly the way it was? Email accounts, contacts, etc and everything?

Probably a long shot but does anyone know if there is a JB tweak to make the official YouTube app always play high quality videos whether or not you are connected to wifi?

Quick

Banned
So, curiosity got the best of me, and I downloaded Flex.

It's like a crash course on coding, nothing is in layman's terms. The cool thing about it, though, is the user submitted patches available to download, and it's all organized in a nice interface. And you get to view the way each patch and edit.

I'm making an attempt to code something with the YouTube app. Not having any luck so far, lol.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Probably a long shot but does anyone know if there is a JB tweak to make the official YouTube app always play high quality videos whether or not you are connected to wifi?
Just get McTube and use that as your YT app instead, it's much better in pretty much every respect.

If you don't want to use McTube as Enzo suggested, you could get My3G or 3GUnrestrictor and just trick the youtube app into thinking it's on WiFi all the time.

Ashhong

Yea my battery must be worse. My phone used to stay at 100% for a long time, but now it goes down to 99 pretty quickly.

Phone said 12 minutes usage even though I only made like a 1 minute call. Not sure what tweak would be using my battery though...

earlier in the thread, someone noted that their battery life had degraded since jailbreaking their phone. has anyone noticed this too?

Any reason my iphone 4S is draining battery life after jailbreaking?

It appears to be an iOS 6.1 issue. I've had a few problems since updating to 6.1, and all of them came before I jailbroke my device. The battery definitely drains more quickly now, my iMessage has been unstable, and, by far the most annoying issue — the message app (the default one, not biteSMS), permanently displays a red 1 badge at the top corner, telling me that I have 1 new message, but I don't. And when I do get a new message, and I check it, the badge goes away, but then immediately pops back up when I exit the message app.

Some of my jailbreak apps don't work with 6.1 — notably ManualCorrect and Five Icon Switcher. I love ManualCorrect so I'm really hoping they update it soon.

But overall, mostly everything works fine and I haven't had any stability issues.

Homeboyd

Just downloaded the springtomize update and it fucked up all my icon sizes, spacing, etc... I just deleted the whole thing. Anyone else having these issues?

jaydogg691

Need some help.

This is the first time I've jailbroken my phone and have been messing around with some stuff. Now today I forgot to charge my phone and the battery died on me. So I recharge my phone, reboot, and now I can't launch Cydia or custom apps, but my custom font and keyboard are still there. Do I have have to re-do the whole jailbraking process or is there an easier fix?

I wonder how many people realize that Auxo was literally born on NeoGAF, haha. (see the screenshots in Cydia, GAF webapp icon on the springboard :p)

Wouldn't mind giving away several copies to some fellow gaffers! Just quote this with your Cydia # and I'll shoot over a copy.

Oh wow-I hope I'm not too late for this...

My Account # is 4112283

Need some help.

This is the first time I've jailbroken my phone and have been messing around with some stuff. Now today I forgot to charge my phone and the battery died on me. So I recharge my phone, reboot, and now I can't launch Cydia or custom apps, but my custom font and keyboard are still there. Do I have have to re-do the whole jailbraking process or is there an easier fix?

Most likely just need to re-springboard if I'm not mistaken....I'm fairly new to jailbreaking too, but I had that happen once and a respring fixed it.

Just downloaded the springtomize update and it fucked up all my icon sizes, spacing, etc... I just deleted the whole thing. Anyone else having these issues?

I haven't had any issues with Springtomize on my iPhone 5 or iPad 3, other than trying to increase the number of apps that show up in the task switcher on my iPad not working correctly. But that has never once worked correctly for me in any past Springtomize/iOS versions.

I didn't change anything about the icons on my iPhone other than the font, but switching to 6 per row on the home screen and 9 per row in folders had no adverse effects on the iPad.

Edit:
Even the original? Everything worked great for me on my iPhone 5... Until the update today.

Didn't see that there was an update. Will hold off on updating for now.

Enzom21

Need some help.

You are on 6.1 and jailbroke with evasi0n right? Reboot your phone again to see if that fixes it.

Jea Song

Did the right thing
I'm having issues with my tweaks. Every now and then it crashes and puts me in safe mode. I'm on a 4s and did the evasi0n jailbreak.

Homeboyd

Edit:

Didn't see that there was an update. Will hold off on updating for now.
Yeah I got the notification that springtomize 2 v1.4 was available today which adds the ability to edit "icon row spacing" (amongst other things) which is what messed everything up for me. It bunched all the icons together (some overlapping) by default, but spacing and resizing wouldn't let me get them back to where they were.

Tried to delete the update and revert back to 1.3, but I could only delete all of springtomize and reload v1.4. Couldn't find 1.3 by itself now.

Wondering if it's just my theme/tweaks or if others are seeing this issue.

Shaneus

I'd also recomment ProTube. It also has the benefit of hooking into Bridge so you can export YT vids into the iOS video app.

mf.luder

I must say, originally I only jailbroke for NCSettings. But now I find myself customizing Activator a lot. And I may end up buying Zephyr.

eznark

Banned
He's my theme.

Theme_A.jpg

Theme_B.jpg

What is that lock screen weather widget?

Higgy

Colorkeyboard HD isn't compatible with ios 6 yet. Is there another alternative on the iPad to change the color of the keyboard?

Brofist

They are located here but they are not named after their app name, it's a bunch of random letters and numbers.

In iFile settings you can actually change it to application names instead of the random number letter gibberish.

Just go to settings (bottom left cog looking icon) --> File Manager --> toggle Application Names to on

Enzom21

In iFile settings you can actually change it to application names instead of the random number letter gibberish.

Just go to settings (bottom left cog looking icon) --> File Manager --> toggle Application Names to on

I know, but he was using iphonebrowser and you can only do that with iFile.

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
is there a volume boost app in cydia that works on 6.1

Shaneus

I would KILL for a ESPN sportscenter "ticker" widget for my home/lockscreen.

Can't find anything even close.
There's a package (Diet... something) which shrinks the push notifications down to a single line and scrolls them across. Maybe that in conjunction with an official app might work?

Or maybe there's an RSS reader that sends messages to the notification center?

Homeboyd

There's a package (Diet... something) which shrinks the push notifications down to a single line and scrolls them across. Maybe that in conjunction with an official app might work?

Or maybe there's an RSS reader that sends messages to the notification center?
Yeah I've tried the RSS. Is there a way to drop the RSS into a widget on your homescreen? Maybe espn's RSS could scroll across that way? Just doesn't update the same way the live ticker does on TV. I mean... It seems like the perfect widget.

Has anyone tried FaceTime over their data network yet? I tried using My3G on my 5 and it just says network error when I try to make or answer a FaceTime call. Doesn't even try to connect. I tried a respring and reboot and still nothing.

My3g worked before on ios5 with my 4S. Better options maybe?

jts

...hate me...
So my jailbroken iPhone 5 with literally just a couple of jb tweaks (NCsettings, some activator gestures, f.lux) ran out of battery and now it doesn't boot. Forever stuck in the Apple logo of death.

Any suggestion before I restore this fucker?

I'm too old for this shit.

Edit: finally booted after a couple of forced shutdowns. Considering removing the jb anyway.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So my jailbroken iPhone 5 with literally just a couple of jb tweaks (NCsettings, some activator gestures, f.lux) ran out of battery and now it doesn't boot. Forever stuck in the Apple logo of death.

Any suggestion before I restore this fucker?

I'm too old for this shit.

Edit: finally booted after a couple of forced shutdowns. Considering removing the jb anyway.
Do you have Mobile Substrate installed? If not, install it.

Top Bottom