• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPods and eBay and help, oh my!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Hi folks. If I were interested in unloading a 9 month old (though still in excellent condition) 40 gigabyte, 3rd generation iPod on eBay, what kind of price should I be looking for?

I still have the box, ALL of the original documents, accessories, and packaging, plus a couple of additional accessories (a skin, a complete-wrap carrying case, a usb2.0/firewire integrated charger, etc), and, as mentioned, its still in excellent condition, thanks to that complete-wrap case.

Help please?

fart

Savant
a little under 300 seems to be the low end with 350 at the high end from looking at a couple posts on head-fi. i would do it quickly though, the used market's only going to get more crowded in the next couple of weeks

Mejilan

Thanks for the replies. I'll think I'll start off at 200 for the first bid, and set a Buy It Now price of 340 or so. I think that's fair.

Apple's getting a bit cheap with the accessories, recently. Blech.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
fart said:
doesn't come with his accessories though. like 280-290 is probably fair.

It does. It comes with a carrying case, dock, remote, and Firewire cable. $329. Go to http://store.apple.com, and click on "Special Deals" in the left side bar.

Here's what the product description says:
iPod 40GB Includes Dock and carrying case - Refurbished

This package contains the following items:

(1) iPod w/rechargeable lithium battery (with new dock connection)
(1) iPod Dock
(1) Headphones (earbud-style)
(1) Remote and Carrying Case
(1) Apple iPod Power Adapter
(1) Apple FireWire Cable (2m)

(1) Manual:
iPod Getting Started
(1) CD-ROM Disc w/iTunes and electronic documentation
(1) One Year Warranty limited

I don't generally tend to post things I'm making up ;)

DJ_Tet

Banned
"Email me as soon as you win to opt for a special bonus option! (Windows users only.)"

What's the bonus option?

Mejilan

The bonus is option is that I won't wipe the iPod (it's already updated to the most recent version) and you'll get 40 gigs (- the remaining 600 or so megs) of (mostly) game and movie soundtracks. Edit - 11495 songs with 649 megs of space remaining, that is.

Mejilan

Which is why I suggested that buyers email me, not communicate through eBay. :)

I make no mention of music in that auction.

Edit - besides other auctions even go so far as to list the music that they'll be shipping with their iPods to winning bidders.

Lazy

Does anyone know how much I could get for my Sony MZN-707 Net MD recorder on ebay? It's in great condition. I still have everything that was in the box at the time of purchase (including the box).

Mejilan

I was joking before, btw. I legitimately asked the question because I needed to see if anyone here knew how the new 4th generation iPods that came out this week changed the eBay iPod landscape.

Thankfully, it's already going for my reserve of 300, with about an hour to go. I'm estimating that I'll get anywhere from 310-330 for this auction. Then I'll take that money, get the new 4th gen iPod for 400, apply a student discount, and effectively "upgrade" to a brand new unit, with new features, 50% better battery life, new warranty, etc, for probably around 50 bucks.

Which is how much it would have cost to extend my expiring warranty on the third gen iPod currently on auction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom