• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Iranian Kabob Houses Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
Agreed. Iranian and Afghan kabob houses rock the hizzouz. Naturally, some are better than others. I'm in NY and there are a ton around here.

edit: Actually, I have high quality Afghan chicken kabob nearly every afternoon at work and I've yet to grow tired of it :)

FnordChan

My favorite local Afghan place, the literally named Bread and Kabob, recently closed down due to a family emergency. They may re-open, but it's not looking real positive. Damn it. I may cry just thinking about this tragic loss.

FnordChan, who really loved that restaurant

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Out here on the Island, there's a pretty good chain called Ayhan's Shish-Kebab... went there for lunch yesterday. The chicken was a bit dry but it was good... I like chicken kebab the best though! And I *LOVE* yogurt sauce...

I like most middle eastern food. Lebanese, Iranian... etc. There are a bunch of places near me that are good. La Shish, Pita Cafe, New Yasmeen Bakery...

I like the crushed lemon lentil soup and chicken shwarma a lot. David basha is also good. Yeah, the yogurt sauce is good, but the garlic spread is so good that I usually eat way more than I should of the stuff. I feel sorry for anyone that I have to speak to after eating there.

middle eastern food is the best, but arent they spelled kebab, or is this one of those words that americans decide to nspell differently

I dunno, middle eastern/indian resturants I dont like so much cause you smell like the place when you leave. Its like I need a special set of clothes for eating at these places.

belgurdo

Banned
kabob.gif
#1!

borscht.jpg
#1!

hamburger.jpg
... hack-tooey!

effzee

MrAngryFace said:
I dunno, middle eastern/indian resturants I dont like so much cause you smell like the place when you leave. Its like I need a special set of clothes for eating at these places.

true im from pakistan and while i love my food i hate it when it gets into my clothes. too many spices...but i guess i can live with that.

i love afghani food. if anyone is in queens try the kebabs (beef or chicken) at kebab king.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom