• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is anyone still watching Last Comic Standing (Spoilerz)

Status
Not open for further replies.
YAY, YAY GOOD BYE ANT. PEACE BITCH. I caught an episode today, and was welcomed to the good sight of Ant getting kicked off. Hopefully, he won't grace my TV screen again. That said, Alonzo is frickin' *hilarious*. Did a great set at the little Friar's Club challenge.

ShadowRed

Banned
The first show with Ant getting kicked off was a repeat. I saw him on Leno last week. All the losers get to go on and do like a minute of their stand up.

Iceman

I betcha now gulman will have an air of invincibility around him at the house after
winning two challenges in a row

btw, jay should have never been on the show... I liked him, but c'mon... I'ts all about that dan guy who got snubbed.

Dan should've been on the show, he was funny as all out hell. Honestly, Jay was good, BUT Gary *did* have a very impressive set. Jay's act can get repetitive and bore some people.

Iceman

Yeah, jay hurt himself I think with being overly self-depreciating.. but its not like he really stodd a chance. IMO Gary has a great hold of primetime, mainstream american humor. He can win over the audience with nailing some good clean family humor that most people can relate to.

Still no match for Hefron.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I thought Jay was hillarious, but I was surprised he made it on the show as it was clear his routine isn't for everybody...hell, it's hardly for anybody.

I thought he was much funnier than Gary tonight. I didn't even think Gary was convincingly funnier than Ant last week.

Oni Jazar

I thought i was a close call between Gary and Ant. Sure Ant's routine was cliche but Gary dragged on that Oreo joke a bit too far and messed up on the Milkman bit a little (was much better in a previous stand up).

I felt bad to see Jay go but honestly his one liner / self depricating routine gets old quick. I can't imagine going to see his stand up more then once. Gary was great with new material that I haven't seen.

Isn't it funny how they make Gary seem like the nicest guy in the world with NBC's editing? I find it amusing. Personally I'm voting for John Heffron this season. His comments are great every time he's on camera (tho I don't remember what his standup was.) Him or Alonzo.

I find that last season's comics were generally funnier though. I miss Dave Mordal's antics, Rich Voss' ironing and everyone picking on Dat.

Last season definitely had more charm. John Heffron is my current pick, but Alonzo's great as well. I like Gary, but I don't think he'll win.

Oni Jazar

I dont think so either, but the way the camera seems to love him i'm not so sure. There were actually some really funny comedians that didn't get picked to go into the house that pissed me off. Did you see when Drew Carry threw a fit because none of the people he picked were chosen?

Belfast

This season had some interesting people too. Problem is they all got kicked off already. :p Even ANT, who I loathe, at least made things interesting. But by the looks of next week's episode, they're bringing everybody back. I'm assuming they won't be able to compete, but can still affect the feelings of other people in the house.

Matlock

Banned
I only watched a few minutes of this, and that was with the woman who said...

"Ladies don't like being called sweetheart...but I don't mind much. After being called a cunt for so long, it kind of takes the bite out of sweetheart."

I'm assuming she was booted on that very ep.

" Did you see when Drew Carry threw a fit because none of the people he picked were chosen?"

Yeah, him AND Brett Butler and a lot of the other comedians figured Dan Naderman was a shoe in. Unfortunately, the comedian panel, ultimately, had very little authority on who made the house.

gblues

Banned
I caught a very short segment that had someone claiming to be Chuck E. Cheese's cousin.. pathetic and un-funny. It reminded me of the end of Monsters, Inc when Mike Wazowski is trying to make the black kid laugh with stand-up gags, and failing miserably ("I loved dodgeball! Of course, I was the ball..." *silence*).

No great incentive to watch the show.

Nathan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom