• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IS CONKER really going to ship before Christmas?!??!

I thought it was 2005, I know they said 2005 at E3.

yet EBWORLD continues to stay its coming out mid December..

anyone know the official story???

I was expecting a early-mid (ie: march-july) timeframe for Conker.. but ebworld keeps saying mid december..

someone with more conrete info say!!!

M3wThr33

Banned
So when MS bought Rare, that press release about 5 games in 2 year, did that include their 4 GBA titles? (DKC1, DKC2, Sabre-wulf and BJ:Grunty's Revnege along with GbtG.)

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
M3wThr33 said:
So when MS bought Rare, that press release about 5 games in 2 year, did that include their 4 GBA titles? (DKC1, DKC2, Sabre-wulf and BJ:Grunty's Revnege along with GbtG.)

I'm fairly certain it wasn't suppose to, but then who actually expected Rare to finish that many games.

M3wThr33

Banned
Well, no should have. I just laughed and said that it better include GBA games.

How much was paid so far for GbtG and development on the unfinished Conker and Kameo? (PD0, Banjo Racing and the other junk doesn't exist, yet)

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
EB are wrong, its a 2005 game, has been since E3, even if its done (as some suggested Kameo was) MS arent gonna put it within the blast radius of Halo 2.

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
M3wThr33 said:
So when MS bought Rare, that press release about 5 games in 2 year, did that include their 4 GBA titles?
The man makes a very good point.
Sale of Rare = most astonishing trick ever pulled by Nintendo.

raYne

After all of this PD0 and Conker better be two of the best games ever.

Agreed. It's like they reenacted that chinpokomon episode of south park.

Nintendo: Yes, take Rare.. there is nothing to worry about! We are Japan toy company are in awe of your large penis!

Microsoft: What?!

Nintendo: You see, Japaneese penis is so small!

Nintendo PR: So small!

Nintendo: You Americans have such humungous-bulbous penis!

Microsoft: Well, I guess that's true!

Nintendo PR: Oh, such uh, nice big penis, American!

Nintendo: What can we possibly do with such small penis?! We cannot take over your city with all the men with such masterdonic penis!

Microsoft: Well, he's got a point there! Well, I guess that settles that! We're sorry we took your time, gentlemen! We'll just take Rare off your hands and be on our way.

Nintendo: Oh, no! Thank you! Another chance to be in same room with big American penis!

Nintendo PR: Ha, ha! Penis so small!

raYne said:
After all of this PD0 and Conker better be two of the best games ever.

Agreed. It's like they reenacted that chinpokomon episode of south park.

Nintendo: Yes, take Rare.. there is nothing to worry about! We are Japan toy company are in awe of your large penis!

Microsoft: What?!

Nintendo: You see, Japaneese penis is so small!

Nintendo PR: So small!

Nintendo: You Americans have such humungous-bulbous penis!

Microsoft: Well, I guess that's true!

Nintendo PR: Oh, such uh, nice big penis, American!

Nintendo: What can we possibly do with such small penis?! We cannot take over your city with all the men with such masterdonic penis!

Microsoft: Well, he's got a point there! Well, I guess that settles that! We're sorry we took your time, gentlemen! We'll just take Rare off your hands and be on our way.

Nintendo: Oh, no! Thank you! Another chance to be in same room with big American penis!

Nintendo PR: Ha, ha! Penis so small!
o_O erm eh haha thats quite a scary image, if you imagine Iwata and Miyamoto talking to Bill Gates...

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
LOL!!! BASTARDS! I was saying this EXACT same thing in the Conker thread and got booed out of the joint.

Nintendo made out like a bandit. MS was hoping Rare would come through to give them some console cred and Rare as usual since the N64 days (with Conker ironically) underperformed and basically made MS pay $400M for GbtG and eventually Conker and Kameo.

Yes, Nintendo is responsible for the swindle on that one.

jarrod

Banned
Poor Rare, they've had a tough generation...

RELEASED
-Star Fox Adventures (GC) 2002
-Donkey Kong Country (GBA) 2003
-Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge (GBA) 2003
-Grabbed by the Ghoulies (Xbox) 2003
-Sabre Wulf (GBA) 2004
-Donkey Kong Country 2 (GBA) 2004

UPCOMING
-Banjo Pilot (GBA) 2004
-Conker: Live & Reloaded (Xbox) 2005
-It's Mr Pants! (GBA) 2005
-Kameo: Elements of Power (Xbox) 2005

RUMORED
-Banjo 3 (Xenon) 2006?
-Donkey Kong Country 3 (GBA) 2005
-Killer Instinct 1+2 (DS) 2005?
-Perfect Dark 0 (Xenon) 2005

Culex

Banned
jarrod said:
Poor Rare, they've had a tough generation...

RELEASED
-Star Fox Adventures (GC) 2002
-Donkey Kong Country (GBA) 2003
-Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge (GBA) 2003
-Grabbed by the Ghoulies (Xbox) 2003
-Sabre Wulf (GBA) 2004
-Donkey Kong Country 2 (GBA) 2004

UPCOMING
-Banjo Pilot (GBA)
-Conker: Live & Reloaded (Xbox)
-It's Mr Pants! (GBA)
-Kameo: Elements of Power (Xbox)

RUMORED
-Banjo 3 (Xenon)
-Donkey Kong Country 3 (GBA)
-Killer Instinct 1+2 (DS)
-Perfect Dark 0 (Xenon)

And yet, not one console title will be released in 2004.

Poor Rare indeed.

borghe

IIRC Rare basically completed most of the work for DKC GBA before Nintendo sold them. And again AFAIK they didn't do anything on the conversion of DKC2. I would be EXTREMELY surprised if MS/Rare sees/saw any residuals from those games.

Folder said:

I still think this has bitten Nintendo in the ass just a little, affecting potential GC sales by the lack of once-to-be-released on 'Cube Rare titles. However, if my optimism doesn't fail me, I think next gen will prove who got the better end of the deal (MS).

jarrod

Banned
MightyHedgehog said:
I still think this has bitten Nintendo in the ass just a little, affecting potential GC sales by the lack of once-to-be-released on 'Cube Rare titles. However, if my optimism doesn't fail me, I think next gen will prove who got the better end of the deal (MS).
Rare is the last of GameCube's problems at the moment. In fact given Rare's performance I'd say it likely had a negligible impact on the platform... had Rare stayed with Nintendo, GameCube would likely be in the exact same position.

Why is it that whenever someone starts a thread about a RARE game, such as Conker... that people have to start talking about how "Nintendo made out like a bandit"..

does my thread title confuse you as to my subject? does it look like maybe i am partially curious about the game conker, but mostly interested in if people think nintendo made out like a bandit? or what nintendo fanboys with nothing better to do might think about nintendo's celebrations after selling rare or any of that?

if my poor subject title confused you, well ill explain what I am looking for; information regarding the release date of CONKER for the Xbox videogame system. sorry about it being so hard to figure out.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
BILL CLINTON said:
if my poor subject title confused you, well ill explain what I am looking for; information regarding the release date of CONKER for the Xbox videogame system. sorry about it being so hard to figure out.

good thing your question was answered earlier in this thread then, huh?

raYne

Jesus dude... what are you five? You do know you're on the internet right? You have access to the same info as everyone else so search for shit! Google + conker + release date.

The reason no one has given you a direct answer is because no one knows for sure!

raYne said:
Jesus dude... what are you five? You do know you're on the internet right? You have access to the same info as everyone else so search for shit! Google + conker + release date.

The reason no one has given you a direct answer is because no one knows for sure!

Yes I am 5. This is in the Internet?!

Actually, I dont have the same access to info as everyone else... often times there are people we call "in teh industry" that work for various companies. They have *more* information than I do, as I do not work "in teh industry." Thats because I am *5*.

So the point of this thread was to see if anyone had more infomration regarding the release date from possible sources, their own work experience or even stuff on the Internet I didnt see. Thanks for trying to clear it up though, it was SUPER funny. I laughed ALOT.

Prine said:
Conker should be released in 2005, Kameo in 2005 also. Cant wait for Kameo

all the rumors and what not had both of these very far along, if not done... kameo for sure is done, and hopefully should be great considering they'll have so much time for polishing it... kinda suprised they didnt try to push kameo out as a the platforming competition isnt too big on xbox this christmas, but i guess they wanted to push out blinx 2 as their christmas platformer, kameo should do good on its own with the christmas blitz, whereas blinx 2 kinda needs those christmas sales.

cant wait for conker, it's multiplayer looks as good as halo 2's IMO.

AniHawk

BILL CLINTON said:
cant wait for conker, it's multiplayer looks as good as halo 2's IMO.

It isn't.

And by that I mean I played Conker's multi and didn't find it to be anything special. Hope they kept Beach or whatever that one was from Bad Fur Day in.

kameo for sure is done, and hopefully should be great considering they'll have so much time for polishing it...

Yeah, this is Rare. They first showed off Conker for the N64 in 1996 or thenabouts.

kinda suprised they didnt try to push kameo out as a the platforming competition isnt too big on xbox this christmas,

It really isn't on any system except the PS2. Both Xbox and GC have been weak in the platforming department compared to the PS2 this gen.

but i guess they wanted to push out blinx 2 as their christmas platformer, kameo should do good on its own without the christmas blitz, whereas blinx 2 kinda needs those christmas sales.

They just really wanted to push Halo 2. It's like how Nintendo pretty much cleared the way last year for Mario Kart and had Kirby Air Ride and other games as filler.

AniHawk said:
They just really wanted to push Halo 2. It's like how Nintendo pretty much cleared the way last year for Mario Kart and had Kirby Air Ride and other games as filler.

Fable's a pretty big release for this Christmas too, but yah, they pushed most of their stuff back to early-mid 2005 to get out of the way of halo 2 and the onslaught of awesome 3rd party games... fable/halo 2 is not a bad combination for MS this christmas, as I bet alot of their cheaper $19.99 titles will sell decently still (RSC2/PGR2) and Blinx 2 should do "okay" for blinx.

element

Yeah, this is Rare. They first showed off Conker for the N64 in 1996 or thenabouts.
But Conker's also went through a significant redesign from Conker's Quest to Twelve Tales: Conker 64 to Conker's Bad Fur Day.

AniHawk

element said:
But Conker's also went through a significant redesign from Conker's Quest to Twelve Tales: Conker 64 to Conker's Bad Fur Day.

And Kameo's had at least one redesign since it was first showcased on the Gamecube. I don't think the game is done. This is Rare. RARE. They delayed Jet Force Gemini because they had to redesign the main characters. Rare's always been slow. This is nothing new.

borghe

see, that's what everyone thinks though, that us n-fanboys would be singing a different tune if Rare were on Gamecube.. the fact is that Rare could have had this kind of performance and titles on ANY system and I personally would still be underwhelmed. The fact is that Rare of today is not the Rare that did perfect dark, goldeneye, dkc, blast corps, etc (literally in most cases). they are the rare that postponed conker for years, dinosaur planet to a different console, kameo to a different console, released the underwhelming GbtG and SFA, and well.. you get the point.

so no, rare wouldn;t have changed Nintendo's fortunes if they stuck around... and because nintendo dumped them they made a cool $400M as a result..

so far Nintendo is the winner on that deal by far.

BILL CLINTON said:
Why is it that whenever someone starts a thread about a RARE game, such as Conker... that people have to start talking about how "Nintendo made out like a bandit"..

does my thread title confuse you as to my subject? does it look like maybe i am partially curious about the game conker, but mostly interested in if people think nintendo made out like a bandit? or what nintendo fanboys with nothing better to do might think about nintendo's celebrations after selling rare or any of that?

Because everyone knows there is nothing else to talk about with RARE. Unless basically taking the console generation off as a vacation is interesting to you?

borghe

AniHawk said:
Nintendo didn't make $400M, that's how much MS bought Rare from the Stamper Bros. for.
Umm.. Nintendo owned part of Rare. hence 2nd party. Nintendo made some money off of them. and the stampers are still with Rare.

SantaC

krypt0nian said:
Because everyone knows there is nothing else to talk about with RARE. Unless basically taking the console generarion off as a vacation is interesting to you?

IAWTP.

GDGF

Soothsayer
You should really pick a better image if you're going to go by the handle of Bill Clinton. That one is really way too compressed to represent the second greatest pimp of our time (the first being Yamauchi, of course :))

SantaC

borghe said:
Umm.. Nintendo owned part of Rare. hence 2nd party. Nintendo made some money off of them. and the stampers are still with Rare.

wasn't Rare 1st party? They were Nintendo?

borghe said:
see, that's what everyone thinks though, that us n-fanboys would be singing a different tune if Rare were on Gamecube.. the fact is that Rare could have had this kind of performance and titles on ANY system and I personally would still be underwhelmed. The fact is that Rare of today is not the Rare that did perfect dark, goldeneye, dkc, blast corps, etc (literally in most cases). they are the rare that postponed conker for years, dinosaur planet to a different console, kameo to a different console, released the underwhelming GbtG and SFA, and well.. you get the point.

so no, rare wouldn;t have changed Nintendo's fortunes if they stuck around... and because nintendo dumped them they made a cool $400M as a result..

so far Nintendo is the winner on that deal by far.

That's exactly what I was getting at. I loved the Rare that released Goldeneye, the first BK, Diddy Kong Racing and Jet Force Jemini, man I loved those game. It's just sad to see such a powerhouse of a developer be reduced to releasing one top-tier game every what? 3 years??

Renegade

Banned
Stamper Bros bought back most of their stock and MS got the last 12.5% and purchased the stock from Stamper Bros, or so I thought.

krypt0nian said:
Because everyone knows there is nothing else to talk about with RARE. Unless basically taking the console generation off as a vacation is interesting to you?

oh i'm sorry,i didnt realize my thread had a "mandatory: MUST READ AND POST" in this thread flag... my bad.

Top Bottom