• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is getting a console from ebay safe?

There are some very good priced consoles on ebay and I was thinking of getting a PS2 since mine broke. I live in the UK and I want to but an NTSC console this tiume round but I have to get it shipped from America. has anyone ever bought a console from ebay and is it safe?

Tritroid

I would only buy a sealed console on Ebay. Anything else is too risky imo.

(Unless it's a cart-based console and then it doesn't really matter whether it's sealed or not.)

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I bought a used one, its great.

As with everything on ebay, its great as long as you've found a reputable person to deal with.

evil ways

I got my import PS2 years ago from Ebay, well packaged, in perfect working condition. Like everyone says, just make sure the person has a high positive ranking, 98% or higher works for me, and if they have a few negative feedbacks, check them out to see what the problem was.

Dagon

Do you live in London? Why not just go to CEX or Game Focus and pick up a used NTSC machine? That way you won't have to pay postage and insurance, and you know it's in good working order. The prices are quite reasonable at the moment.

Just make sure that you get the right power adapters for it. I've bought consoles over Ebay twice, an US Xbox from Germany and a JP Neo-Geo from Italy. Both countries have the same power outlets as Sweden, but I think yours is different.

Still, if I were you I would wait for the new PS2, even if a new one costs a bit more. Because of the size, shipping will be much less :)

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I bought a Saturn and Turbo Duo off ebay and they worked fine... I needed to do some dusting (both internally and externally) but other than that, they were in pretty good, although not spotless, condition. I'd say it's pretty safe, but like any ebay auction, check the feedback and study the pictures.

I've imported consoles a few times and the last time was from IGN actually. Really fast delievey. Like 3 days from the USA to Australia. DAMN good. Games I get off eBay but for something as expensive as a console I'd go with an online store like IGN or something. Up to you though. Like ppl have said, as long as you do your research on the seller and make sure they aren't dodgy you shouldn't have any problems.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I bought my PS2 used on ebay almost 2 years ago and have never had any problem. I got a fantastic deal on it too.

radcliff

I got 2 Nes' from ebay and neither worked. Since I didn't want to try a 3rd, I got a new pin connector set for $10, installed it, and the system worked perfectly.

Top Bottom