• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Godzilla a Xenophobe?

Is Godzilla exhibiting problematic world views?

• Yes, fully triggered and time for a cancelling

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • No, for reasons

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • JUST ONE VOTE FOR THIS AND GODZILLA WILL HEAD FOR TOKYO AT 3AM!

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters

0neAnd0nly

In 2022, I have begun to reevaluate problematic characters in our society. And Godzilla, someone I truly look up to, has made me a bit question my allegiance recently.

Examples of problematic behavior:

Recently, on social media - Godzilla posted a question (as seen in the photo above). A rigged question, in which his plans involve nightmare scenarios... for one specific country.

Only one example doesn't dictate a trend... but 2 might. Here is another of him poking fun of serious situations in the world's favorite anime producing island.
3a62sp.jpg

Further proof shows that of the 19 cities Godzilla has destroyed, nearly all of them have been in Japan. 1998 Doesn't count.

So what say you, GAF? Is my favorite monster problematic? Did he just happen to have bad sushi while visiting? Open the wrong Manga? Wagyu overdone?

Or worse...

Is he a bigot / xenophobe against the sweet country of the rising sun?

0neAnd0nly

Now that more people have seen Minus 1, I feel like it’s time to open this for discussion again.

Godzilla is seen solely attacking Japan, again. No coincidence IMO. I hope people remember the xenophobia potentially on display when they open up Netflix to consider watching. I didn’t go to the Theater multiple times to see -1 because it was a good/ best film ever made, I just went to make sure it was xenophobic, and then had to go again to make sure it was as xenophobic as I feared upon first watch.

We demand answers from Godzilla. Amazing they are giving a Kaiju-wing extremist Academy awards these days.

He did try to briefly recover with the pink feminist supporting Legendary film. We see you, ally! But far too little too late. We don’t forget in a previous film what happened to
Serizewa, the main Japanese character of course

Remember this at the voting booth this year.

0neAnd0nly

Nah, Godzilla doesn't discriminate. He's attacked America, China, pacific islanders, and freaking Aliens.
2 year late reply, but his attack on the following nations occurred…

You guessed it…

After they were buddies with Japan.

You are the company you keep.

Top Bottom