• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is it just me, or was ...(spider-man 2 movie related)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Octavius' operation scene looked a lot like it was shot for an Evil Dead movie?

Seriously,
When the doc looked at the Chainsaw, and grabbed it ... I had an evil grin on my face. All I wanted was for Ash to come in and kick some octavius' ass.

calder

heh, I don't think it was just you considering it was a blatantly obvious nod from Raimi to Evil Dead fans.

LakeEarth

One problem was the cheese factor really came through. I know Evil Dead was always about being cheesy, but Spidy 2 wasn't supposed to be cheesy. I kinda wish they cut down at the closeups of women screaming.

Mason

Oh man, I completely agree with that. He went way overboard with the cheese moments, it just didn't seem right.

calder

The screaming was a bit overdone. But it did tie in nicely with his habit of having endless streams of model-hot women constantly walking down the sidewalk to do the screaming... so I was conflicted.

One this if for sure though - the one blond woman who walked to the window and first saw Ock climbing the building *must* get her own spinoff, stat. Tig ol' bitties indeed.

calder

DopeyFish said:
well... a better question

what the heck is a chainsaw doing in an OR?

They had the chainsaw there to cut the metal arms/spinal controls off, like the surgeon suggested they might have to do. It actually looked like a surgical bonesaw, but dressed up a bit to look more like a little chrome chainsaw. It clearly wasn't just a normal chainsaw sitting there.

LakeEarth

DopeyFish said:
well... a better question

what the heck is a chainsaw doing in an OR?

Well they were trying to remove the mechanical arms. They might have brought it in for the procedure.

Phoenix

LakeEarth said:
Well they were trying to remove the mechanical arms. They might have brought it in for the procedure.

Indeed, you can't just crack them off like crab legs or something :)

One problem was the cheese factor really came through. I know Evil Dead was always about being cheesy, but Spidy 2 wasn't supposed to be cheesy. I kinda wish they cut down at the closeups of women screaming.

Oh man, I completely agree with that. He went way overboard with the cheese moments, it just didn't seem right.

I also totally agree, as I mentioned in the other thread. It ruined the surgery scene for me and took away from the other serious scenes whenever the women screamed and had close ups camp-style. A throwback should fit in with the movie or enhance a scene, not be there for the sake of having a throwback and ruin the scene in the process. And camp was just not necessary at all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom