• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is REHorror reliable? (RE: Mikami and Capcom)

snapty00

Banned
I saw this on the IGNboards:
Nintendo Puissance has reported on Capcom's internal conflict.

"Mikami, fervent defender of the Gamecube, pays for his dispute and especially for the one with his development team. He will not be entrusted the responsibility of directing a project again. Many say that Mikami will surely resign once the opus on the Gamecube has ended. We will see what damage has been done to the company as Capcom becomes less and less faithful to Nintendo."

It is unsure how this will affect his postion at Capcom's new Clover Studios. And of course, it begs the question will Mikami jump before he is pushed?
http://www.rehorror.net/index.php

Are they and/or Nintendo Puissance reliable?

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
ReHorror has gotten better. They got burned a few times by their "informants", and learned to only rely on official information.

It doesn't take an insider to see that Mikami is on his way out at Capcom, though.

It would be funny if Nintendo were to snatch both him and Kojima up in the next few years. :)

Simo

Terrible site on the whole which has gotten worse over the past few months due to an incident involving the webmaster and news poster stealing rare or exclusive material from other credible RE sites. They then posted the stolen content as reH "Weekly Exclusives" with their own watermark on it and wouldn't even give credit due when confronted by the owners of the original material. =/

Funnily enough all of the news posted there originates from either their own message board (which they link to in some of the news posts but since non-members can't view any of the topics, you have to sign up for a membership if you want to) or IGN and GA. I'm hoping the Brazilian Hacker team hits them again after having first hand dealings with the site's drunken Austrian webmaster...

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
I believe this news. Mikami going to be new project manager at Nintendo-Tokyo.

SantaC

I am just worried how RE4 will fare during its last month of production. I hope the problems doesn't end up with a bad finish of RE4.

hirokazu

Goreomedy said:
It would be funny if Nintendo were to snatch both him and Kojima up in the next few years. :)

Mikami, maybe, if the management continue to bug him once he's at Clover, but Kojima? i really wouldn't think so.

Itagaki, Miyamoto, and Mikami working on a game would be hillarious.

Lots of mushrooms, boobs, ninjas, and crazy B-movie references.

DrGAKMAN

Banned
hirokazu said:
Mikami, maybe, if the management continue to bug him once he's at Clover, but Kojima? i really wouldn't think so.

He won't let it be known, but Mr. Kojima did NOT want MGS on X-BOX. That's why he went ahead and did the same version of the the X-BOX MGS2 on PS2. I dunno how he felt about The Twin Snakes on GCN, but I imagine that higher-ups pressured him to focus on MGS3 instead (to make nice with the market leader). He had said he wanted to save MGS3 for PS3 as he wanted the series to be a generational leap. Then the PSP Metal Gear Ac!d is a card battling game??? I think Mr. Kojima doesn't like that his franchise is being whored out here there and everywhere.

Does it mean he'll leave Konami for Nintendo...hell no...but I could see the same situation of Mr. Mikami's freedom VS CAPCOM's upper management happenning to Mr. Kojima someday.

Top Bottom