• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is there any series' fanbase you envy or would like to be part of?

sphinx

the piano man
I was browsing the other day a LTTP thread about Mother 3 and as I read the posts, I began to develop a feeling of wanting to belong to the Mother fanbase (I haven't played any game).

Why was that? because they love their games with passion and true positive feelings.

They love Mother 1, they Love Earthbound and they love Mother 3, even if only played with the help of a patch/translation.

When I think of the fanbases I can say I belong to, Metroid and Zelda, for example, I really think they are REALLY, very crappy fanbases and sometimes I wish I could stay away from the internet to avoid said fanbases and their silly rantings and the arrogant sense of entitlement. A big part of them are just spreading their shit about how this or that game was a huuuuge let down, how the series ended for them like a decade ago, etc..

are there other "heatlhy" fanbases that don't go on hating whatever doesn't play or look like their one favorite game in their series?

and on that note, congrats to the Mother Fanbase, you are a crazy but nice bunch, I hope nintendo releases the 3 games in the future in some playable form to me so I can be a mother fan as well.

Top Bottom