• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is there anyway to use my own sub with the Z680s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fusebox

Banned
My sub has 5 speaker connection on the back the same as the Z680s but I'm totally screwed because of that serial plug thing right?

Anyone found a workaround?

Fusebox

Banned
Yep, and I've got a spare here with its own crossover and volume control and the same speaker wiring for the sats too.

I already stuffed the port in sub and wound the sub level all the way back on the amp too; eqing in my media player helps but for low-level late-night musical bass I cant find any settings that work.

CrunchyB

How about turning surround and center all the way up and reducing bass to 1? That should do it.

I own a Z680 myself and yeah, that subwoofer is just brutal.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
>>How about turning surround and center all the way up and reducing bass to 1? That should do it.

I own a Z680 myself and yeah, that subwoofer is just brutal.<<<

I turn the bass below the default level, but because the sub is so WEAK it can't handle high volumes without rattling and buzzing. I wouldn't mind having an SVS sub at my computer desk...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom