• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is www.cd-wow.com reliable? (europe)

thorns

Banned
They have quite low prices on games.. Is that reliable , or are they just really slow / is there something fishy going on with that site? I guess the prices are not so different from play.com , but still their prices are much below other shops.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
a lot of my friends have used them and had no problems. Though I don't know how fast they are. It's quite a well known and popular site.

thorns

Banned
New games here (Sweden) usually cost 599kr and around 549 on web stores.. These guys (swedish version of cd-wow.com) have prices at 400-450kr with free shipping. Sounded too good to be true to me.

There's a 25% VAT on games here, maybe they're somehow not paying tax it seems. Anyway I'm going to order Otogi now and I'll update with the results later.

aku:jiki

Mama Smurf said:
I've never had a problem with them, and I've bought quite a lot of things.
Same here. The games drop through my mail slot within the same week of ordering, and I've never gotten anything bogus or damaged or anything. It's all good. Love the site for just idly surfing their cheap DVD section and getting some movies I haven't seen almost as cheap as renting them. (Ok, not really, but it's not that huge of a stretch for me. I'm not so good with money.)

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Only used them once, and never had any problem with them. Unless you count long delivery time as problem, but I knew about that when I ordered.

A friend of mine ordered a game from cd-wow too, and they forgot to charge him for it. :p

Jacobi

Banned
cd-wow.net ? I bought Nightfire (11 Euro) last friday and got it last tuesday. The only problem I have is that Nightfire sux ;)

thorns

Banned
The currency rates on their web pages are quite fucked up though.. They have a centralised account system but prices are all different?

For example otogi on www.cd-wow.se costs 259kr
On uk site it costs 18 pounds which is 235kr
on German site it costs 24 euros which is 215kr

I ordered it from the UK site since I don't speak German (although I can probably figure out how to order the next time I do it). Long delivery time is not a problem for me (unless it is extremely long..)

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
thorns said:
The currency rates on their web pages are quite fucked up though.. They have a centralised account system but prices are all different?

I ordered it from the UK site since I don't speak German (although I can probably figure out how to order the next time I do it). Long delivery time is not a problem for me (unless it is extremely long..)

Yeah, the prices are different between the sites. Usually the hong kong site is cheapest, at least for music. But then i'm not sure if you're liable for taxes. Definitely worth looking at the differences between the EU sites though.

Shompola

Banned
thorns said:

I bought a german game(the thing xbox) once and the entire game was in german and I didn't understand a word in it :(

thorns

Banned
My copy of Otogi arrived yesterday.. So it took roughly a week. You can bet them I'll order from them again.
OTOGI is simply beautiful by the way..

NDK

They ship from Hong Kong but I still normally receive my orders in 2 or 3 days (to UK) unless they are out of stock in which case they email you to let you know and give you an expected dispatch date. One thing in particular is import charges - but they warn you about this before you order on items that apply (like for UK orders if it over £18 they warn you that you might incur import charges). They also have loads of discounts vouchers so do a quick search on the net before you order and you are bound to come up with something.

Top Bottom