• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Its 00:50 and I cant sleep...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuccoo

Going to take a plane tomorrow. it'll be 17 hours trip... with 1 hour transit (at tokyo narita, I think). I've already prepared pretty much everything. But I'm always anxious whenever I'm going to take a plane.

should I just lie in bed for 8 hours or play WC3 bnet? On one hand I was afraid I'd be too tired tomorrow; on the other, I'm extremely bored right now.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Simple,stay up and then sleep on the plane.

cuccoo

the thing is my plane take off at 2pm and I had to be at the airport by 11am. So that means I need to leave home at 10am. I wonder if I got the strenght to last until then. I woke up at 8am the morning before.

If suddenly I got tired, lets say, at 5am and sleep, then I might have trouble waking up on time... this is pissing me off.

I just started a couple of projects I left until the last couple days. One due Tuesday, and the other Wednesday =/ Would love to sleep if I could. Would probably end up starring at the wall for 4 hours before falling asleep.

Pattergen

Yea pretty easy situation. Play WC3. Hell, break open a bottle of scotch or vodka. Get nuts. You're day tomorrow is already ruined by the plane ride. Sleep on the plane.

cuccoo

is that school project or work? good luck man. I experienced a lot of that during college. And now I'm enjoying my graduation holiday.

pattergen, its funny. I've drunk like 3 glasses of Bailey (alcoholic irish cream), and played WC3 for 2 hours straight (9-11pm). Then tried sleeping... but cant sleep and now I'm at GAF posting my misery.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
cuccoo said:
the thing is my plane take off at 2pm and I had to be at the airport by 11am. So that means I need to leave home at 10am. I wonder if I got the strenght to last until then. I woke up at 8am the morning before.

If suddenly I got tired, lets say, at 5am and sleep, then I might have trouble waking up on time... this is pissing me off.

Coffee and anything with sugar..get on it fast.

Miburou

Staying up for a long time before taking a plane and then sleeping throughout the trip is great. I just came back from Osaka. I woke up at 10am, having only slept for 5 hours, and my plane was at 9pm (got delayed a bit because of the typhoon). I ended up sleeping for 6 out of 10 hours. I then had to wait in Vancouver for 8 hours, so I ended up sleeping through most of the 5 hours it took to reach Montreal. I usually get bored out of my mind on long flights, but this time it all went by so fast.

So my advice is to be as tired as possible when you board the plane.

cuccoo said:
is that school project or work? good luck man. I experienced a lot of that during college. And now I'm enjoying my graduation holiday.

College. I have a pretty heavy summer semester, and they don't stop piling it on. Plus I'm a horrible procrastinator. After every line I type I find myself back on GA browsing threads. Not that I would actually sleep if I didn't have this work, but I could be doing nothing, which is better than this.

Miburou

naz said:
that is a hell of a long ride

as much as I want to visit Japan one day spending all that time on a plane... ugh

Where do you live? If you live on the west coast of the US or Canada, then it's "only" a 10 hour flight. It's not so bad if you can sleep a couple of hours, have someone to talk to, and take a couple of books/mags and a GBA with you.

cuccoo

yeah its about 10 hours to tokyo, then another 6 hours or so to singapore (my destination).

I've a GBC /w tetris, and a spiderman TPB (its hardcover actually).

cuccoo

woohoo... just won a match. 4v4. I'm using troll army. Shadow Hunter + Zerker + Batrider. Troll rules.

I'm going tauren army next. Chieftain + Tauren + ethereal tauren (somehow i forgot its name).

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Well, it was a little under 14 hours here (Tokyo) from New York. It's really not all that bad a flight, and I was stuck in coach. Sleep when you can, walk around on the plane, and make sure you use the bathroom a couple times on the plane. There was some cool stuff to see on the way, too, like the Arctic Ocean and eastern Russia. Sooooooo much snow and ice.

And flying to Japan warps you ahead a day too. But it's cool when you go home, cause you can arrive earlier in the same day than when you left. I know I am scheduled to arrive back in New York about 30 minutes earlier than when I take off from Tokyo. International Date Line is fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom