• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's been a long time sirs...(shoe topic).

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been almost 9 months since I last bought a shoe and I'm starting to get the itch. My current casual shoe of choice is tattered and torn and nearing retirement. Thus, I began my search for a new shoe. Firstly, you should know what I look for in a shoe. In my casual shoes, I like for them to be able to fit with any style of dress that I'd probably use day to day. Slacker, preppy, etc. Meaning, I won't even look at a boot, an overly complex basketball shoe, cleats, loafers. Also, even on my simple designs, I like...simple designs. Not just simple in shape, but in patterns and so forth. Next, and this is most important: The color. Must be Blue or a neutral color. Since my wardrobe is roughly 80% blue, a blue/neutral shoe is important. Not because I care about matching (elsewise, I'd pick up a pair of red shoes, even though I hate red. I still have 1 or 2 red shirts). Also, Price. I don't EVER drop more than 60-70 bucks on a shoe. Period. Lastly, I like for my casual shoes to be comfortable and as light as possible. I like for my shoes to feel as if I'm not even wearing shoes, but just wearing my feet. Difficult to explain.

That said, let's move on to the candidates that I've bothered to take a second look at.

Adidas Somoa (30$)

011408_z.jpg

Adidas Campus II (54.99$)

034895_z.jpg

Adidas Gazelle (54.99$)

034581_z.jpg

Adidas Forum Low (40$)

147015_z.jpg

Nike Cortez (40$)

07057011_z.jpg

Converse Nylon Trainer (30$)

1439_z.jpg

Alrighty, that's about all I could find. Discuss. Suggestions? Insults?

Tritroid

Ok, the Campus II and the Gazelle are your only options. The rest are either really hideous or could be intended for women.

147015_z.jpg

I really like the design of this one. Must be my love of skateboard-inspired type shoes. Color is ok too.

034895_z.jpg

I like this design. Much better than the other similar ones.

Of course, you won't listen to me.

evil ways

Error Macro said:
147015_z.jpg

I really like the design of this one. Must be my love of skateboard-inspired type shoes. Color is ok too.

I agree, it looks good, plus it has that work boots color going for it, which go well with jeans.

The ugliness is strong in this thread. I'm really picky about shoes, took me 3months to find a new pair that i liked once.

Ah, then that explains why you don't like any of these shoes, MrPing.

You have bad taste.

So far, the Gazelle, Campus, and Forum are in the lead!

bionic77

Get some nice Kenneth Cole Reaction shoes in either black or brown, they are usually 90-120 dollars but worth every penny. You can wear them to work or with jeans on and they always look awesome (imho).

Ristamar

Error Macro said:
147015_z.jpg

evil ways said:
I agree, it looks good, plus it has that work boots color going for it, which go well with jeans.

I must concur with these two upstanding gentlemen...

carpal

I'm wearing a pair of Samoa's right now. Love these shoes to death and wish I knew where to get another pair (care to fill me in?) The comfort is amazing and they are the only shoes I've ever gotten compliments from strangers on. Somoa +1!

Willco

Hollywood Square
I'd settle for just inexpensive, simple-looking shoes for my size 16 feet. Shoes are too damn expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom