• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's no NPD, but here's ebgames.com online sales tracking, top 5 football, even Cube

Alcibiades

http://www.gamespot.com/news/index.html?tag=gs_head_news

1 Madden NFL 2005
Publisher: EA Sports | Platform: PS2 | Genre: Sports
release:
08/09/2004

2 Madden NFL 2005
Publisher: EA Sports | Platform: XBOX | Genre: Sports
release:
08/09/2004

3 ESPN NFL 2K5
Publisher: Sega | Platform: XBOX | Genre: Sports
release:
07/20/2004

4 ESPN NFL 2K5
Publisher: Sega | Platform: PS2 | Genre: Sports
release:
07/20/2004

5 Madden NFL 2005
Publisher: EA Sports | Platform: GC | Genre: Sports
release:
08/09/2004

6 Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow
Publisher: Ubisoft | Platform: XBOX | Genre: Action
release:
08/04/2004

7 Tales of Symphonia
Publisher: Namco | Platform: GC | Genre: Role-Playing
release:
07/13/2004

8 Spider-Man 2
Publisher: Activision | Platform: PS2 | Genre: Action
release:
06/28/2004

9 Halo: Combat Evolved
Publisher: Microsoft | Platform: XBOX | Genre: Action
release:
11/14/2001

10 NCAA Football 2005
Publisher: EA Sports | Platform: PS2 | Genre: Sports
release:
07/15/2004

I'm sure Madden will sell more in August, but I can't wait to see how September grows, the 2k5 uprising is really going strong...

I know it may seem like a futile effort looking at NCAA's numbers, but I think not releasing 2k5 on the Gamecube is a mistake for Sega if they really want to expand to the so-called, new gamers (and probably budget family-type gamers who got the cheapest system)...

the 1/2 million or so Madden is going to do on GCN isn't colossal, but it's a market 2k5 isn't going to touch...

Teddman

An interesting barometer will be seeing how much less, if at all, Madden 2005 sells than last year's offering. I want to know how much of a bite ESPN 2K5 took out of EA's crown jewel. :)

I know it doesn't reflect actual sales data, but at my store, 2k5 is outselling Madden on both systems on a 3-1 basis. Keep in mind, I work at casual city, aka Wal-Mart, so take it with a grain of salt.

I still have yet to sell a copy of Madden on the 'Cube. Sega made a massive mistake skipping out on Nintendo this year.

Alcibiades

we got in about 12 copies about GCN Madden (compared to about 40-90 XBox, I can't remember, and about 200 PS2, plus about 24 Collecter's PS2, which sold out except a few I saved in case there were pre-orders, but they'll put them on the shelves to sell eventually), we have a ton of PS2 Madden still sitting in the back, but we must have sold a good 50, maybe more, and sold about 4 GCN copies...

that said, we only had pre-orders for Madden XBX and PS2 and not Cube, so a friend of mine had to go to Gamestop to reserve it...

Top Bottom