• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I've finally done it! Finger tapping, you are my bitch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
It's been a year and 6 months in the making, 2 weeks in actual development, but I've finally done it. I learned how to finger tap and I've learned it well. Just tried tapping the "One" solo and it sounds good. I started really trying to get it down about a week ago. I've been going at it since. My fingers on both hands are beyond sore and red right now. I've got imprints from the guitar strings on my right index finger for the first time ever. wOot! Finger tapping is so the shit.

Next stop: Van Halen! (Maybe... :p)

*pats self on the back*

AlphaSnake

The finger tapping I can do almost flawlessly and the tension on my ESP is damn tight (which means I have to tap the string harder)! I'd able to do it without a fugin' problem on my Gibson, brah. I'm trying the rest of the solo. I actually think the tapping is the easiest part, the hardest part is the:

e|15-19r17r15---------19r17r15---------19r17r15----------19r17r15--------19r17r15----------|
h|------------19r17r15---------19r17r15---------19r17r15---------19r17r15---------19r17r15-|

I can definitely move my fingers that fast, pick that fast, but I can't get my lousy fingers to play across 3 whole notes. 2 whole notes and a half I can do...but 3 I can't. That extra fret is killing me.

Edit: WTF!? "H"?

Raxel

AlphaSnake said:
I've got imprints from the guitar strings on my right index finger for the first time ever.

Stop! Use your right middle finger, otherwise you wont be able to make fast transitions into tapping mode.

For the ultimate in tapping stamina, try playing the tooth and nail solo (Dokken). It HURTS.

AlphaSnake

Yeah, I'm also working on the middle finger, so no worries there. I need to be able to hold the pick and tap at the same time. Palming the pick and bringing it back really fast is too tough.

AlphaSnake

f_elz said:
Finger tapping... eh
.f_elz

I hate your avatar.

Also, on a semi-related noted: I was listening to Weezer today and thought to myself "hmm...I like the solo in "Say It Ain't So" so I learned it. Easy as hell, but fun and effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom