• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jade Empire for the PC?

bogg

In an audio interview with Dr. Raymond A. Muzyka, Joint CEO of Bioware CORP, when asked about the possiblity of a pc version, he said "nothing's announced yet" only to corect himself and say "nothing's for sure."
Hopefully it will happen, Jade Empire seems like its going to be a greate game :)
The interview can be found here
News stolen form actiontrip.com

bogg

Yeah, but it's a smart move to release it for the pc a few months after the xbox version, to make bioware fans that dont own a xbox happy, and to make more money.

Kon Tiki

Banned
So instead of spend all this time making a superior PC version, then port it to console. The are maing a handicapped console version and porting it to PC?

Society said:
So instead of spend all this time making a superior PC version, then port it to console. The are maing a handicapped console version and porting it to PC?

Doesn't make sense to me. Doing it that way will only help the Xbox. Why would MS want that?

Kon Tiki

Banned
FitzOfRage said:
Doesn't make sense to me. Doing it that way will only help the Xbox. Why would MS want that?

Did MS buy Bioware?

I should KOTOR and Jade Empire would of existed (on PC) without MS.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I would certainly hope so, I've got a group of friends who don't own an Xbox and would LOVE to play this game. Although isn't the game setup somewhat like a traditional fighting game? The keyboard/mouse might be a bit clumsy for it.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
it would suck on PC anyway with the real time combat.

Just get an xbox, even by my poor poor standards they are dirt cheap.

Prine

Banned
Society said:

Its made specifically for console audience. And its Microsofts game not BioWare's.

Besides, Xbox version will make them a lot more money than the PC version, like KOTOR.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I know the stigmata of poor console ports to the PC is far too large to ignore I think we should hold out judgement until this project is shown. KOTOR and Doom 3 are excellent example of creating a game with consoles in mind. I know KOTOR was developed for both platforms simultaneously and that was an excellent PC game without the poor translation that other titles suffer from.

Top Bottom