• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jak 2 isn't a bad game

BuddyC

could that get any more high res?

but yes, R&C2 rocks, I'm playing through it right now.

(btw - US Cover > *)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I just opened my $20 TRU copy a couple days ago. R&C2 does kick ass! Very fun game. And although I don't pay attention to instruction manuals, R&C2's packaging is pretty slick

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Sucker Punch needs to take a que from this game on how to set up control schemes for the mini-games. Driving a van when you have to rely on one analog stick for both acceleration and turns is pretty bad. The racing in this game was silky smooth.

AniHawk

Gattsu25 said:
but playing it right before you binge on Ratchet and Clank 2: Going Commando makes R&C2 ooh soo much better

this game kicks ass folks!

1068981748cover-big.jpg

Yep!

Jak 2 is awesome. But R&C2 is indeed 10 times better. w00t.

Can't wait for UYA, and can't wait to kick your ass online ahhaha :)

Gattsu25

Banned
Littleberu said:
Jak 2 is awesome. But R&C2 is indeed 10 times better. w00t.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Appearently, I'm one of the few that enjoyed Jak 2 on this board...but I'm ok with that (I just happened to easily master the ship controls and realized that lower altitude when driving = no difficulty whatsoever)

I finished Jak 2 and that the game was really good, then I popped R&C2 in and after around 15 minutes already engaged in a gunfight that was more exciting than any from Jak2, was exploring areas that were more interesting, etc. They are both great games, and both tackle similar gameplay ideas in their own ways, but R&C2 comes out on top in all regards...it really was a much better game

much better isn't even right....i'm not a believer in lists, but R&C2 is definately one of my favorite console games this gen...the wait for 3 cannot come soon enough :D

Ranger X

I would say it's me who would be alone here regarding the Jak2 vs Ratchet and Clank2 thing...

Jak2 is one of my best 3D platformer ever and i also really like Rachet and Clank2, but this later one is a bit behind Jak2 for me.

But I can't stop playing R&C2. I don't want it to end. :( I'm now at 12 hours, and I need to force myself not to play the game.

Gattsu25

Banned
Wyzdom said:
I would say it's me who would be alone here regarding the Jak2 vs Ratchet and Clank2 thing...

Jak2 is one of my best 3D platformer ever and i also really like Rachet and Clank2, but this later one is a bit behind Jak2 for me.

That's cool, they're both excellent buys IMO and whichever you prefer is your preference.

My favorite section Jak 2 section is probably the 'dark forest' where you need to use your hoverboard...thats the one level in Jak 2 that stands out the most...really enjoyed there (also, the level where you need to escape from the docks with all the troops being dropped to get you stays in my mind as the level that pissed me off the most :b)

The level that got me the most frustrated was probably the Metalheads Nest. Damn that was hard. I finally got it by rushing all the way through with the hoverboard. :p

Alex

I need Army of Zin. I was going to wait and grab it on the cheap as I was busy at it's release, but now I can't find it! PLAN = BACKFIRED!

Ranger X

Army of Zin.... gotta finish get all my "mastered" soon!!! This game is sooooo nice!
I want Maximo 3 ;)

Hey Gattsu, the mission in the swamp part of the city with an army of bad guys comming at you ("little shiny thing" if i recall the name) was indeed hard. ;)
I think there's one flaw in Jak2: some missions aren't at the right place in the game. Sometimes you encounter a mission let's say at 30% complete but the difficulty of this particular mission is like when you are at 60% complete.
Anyhow, you know that soooooo great accomplishment feeling you get by beating a game sometimes? Jak2 gave me one and it's the best gaming feeling to me!

Ar_

Gattsu25 said:
I finished Jak 2 and that the game was really good, then I popped R&C2 in and after around 15 minutes already engaged in a gunfight that was more exciting than any from Jak2, was exploring areas that were more interesting, etc. They are both great games, and both tackle similar gameplay ideas in their own ways, but R&C2 comes out on top in all regards...it really was a much better game

For me Jak 2 >>> R&C2.

Maybe R&C gunfights were better, but Jak's combat also nicely meshed melee, real time weapon switching, faster movement, fiercer enemyes - resulting overall much more exciting.

R&C levels, again, may have looked more interesting to someone.
But when it comes to level structure, Jak was far superior. Jak had complex levels, many ideas, great platforming; R&C was mostly flat roads and the little platforming avaliable was only mediocre.
Jak meshed better its different gameplay elements, plus more varied missions objectives, where R&C an arbitrary mix of minigames.

R&C wins on the minigames and addons department. The arena and racing were especially good, plus the ton of weapons to aquire.

Both Maximos were good too =)
I'd add Kya (unpolished and slower paced but stil nice) to the list as well.

I never really got into the original R&C, but the second one is amazing. I absolutely loved it and can't wait for 3.

As for Jak, I didn't care for the first and the second one was just dull. Don't care for the series.

wipeout364

I liked both for different reasons. I actually like the characters Jak and Daxter, and I really thought Jak 2 was such a different game from Jak and Daxter that it felt fresh. I honestly don't see why people think the game is hard, it is not IMO.

R and C 2 was an evolution of the game and it was amazing, but it still felt a lot like R and C 1 which I had finished a couple of months earlier so I was not blown away.

I would recommend R and C 2 as the better of the two to someone I didn't know, but I enjoyed Jak 2 more if that makes any sense.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I made the horrible mistake of purchasing Jak II instead of Ratched & Clank: Going Commando. Learn from my mistake people.

I really want to enjoy either of these franchises but I have to admit Ape Escape 2 is still the be-all end-all of collection platformers.

Top Bottom