• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucard

Banned
Nope, digital only, but the magazine format appealed to me - also, Russo's writing for it (as his Vic Venom persona). The style they're going for is a more up-to-date, non-kayfabe, version of the old 70's/80's Apter mags like PWI and WOW - also, they're bringing back the monthly rankings, which is always a highlight of reading old PWI issues for me.

Good stuff. Keep us posted. I'd love to make some extra cash doing the wrestling blogging thing, but I'm not sure I have the talent and knowledge for it. So I just do the Wrestle Enigma stuff for 100 clicks here and there. My WK9 review got 500 clicks, so Yay to that.

strobogo

Banned
Harlem Heat? IN 2015?

I can dig it.

Oh man, Russo's first weekend as IPW:UK booker saw him SWERVE the promotion and align himself with Jimmy Havoc's heel faction.

Good stuff. Keep us posted. I'd love to make some extra cash doing the wrestling blogging thing, but I'm not sure I have the talent and knowledge for it. So I just do the Wrestle Enigma stuff for 100 clicks here and there. My WK9 review got 500 clicks, so Yay to that.

Nice man, congrats. I'd say don't worry about talent or knowledge, most writers writing about wrestling don't seem to. To make money out of doing it, though, seems like you really have to hustle to get your work read and while getting paid for it would be nice, I write about wrestling because I enjoy it.

miserable

i've been watching Tanahashi matches today, and now i've got his theme stuck in my head

HIGH ENERGY
ACE OF UNIVERSE
KEEP THE FULL THROTTLE

*plays air guitar*

You all should watch this CZW Best of 2014 video.

And then buy shows. From me. Directly.

...I charge 125% of the normal price

i've been watching Tanahashi matches today, and now i've got his theme stuck in my head

HIGH ENERGY
ACE OF UNIVERSE
KEEP THE FULL THROTTLE

*plays air guitar*

ONCE IN A CENTURY TALENT
Tanahashi stole all the good nicknames!~

Alucard

Banned
Oh man, Russo's first weekend as IPW:UK booker saw him SWERVE the promotion and align himself with Jimmy Havoc's heel faction.

Nice man, congrats. I'd say don't worry about talent or knowledge, most writers writing about wrestling don't seem to. To make money out of doing it, though, seems like you really have to hustle to get your work read and while getting paid for it would be nice, I write about wrestling because I enjoy it.

I definitely enjoy it too, but with a second kid on the way, I'm not sure I'll be able to keep it up as much. If I were being paid $200-300 a month or something for it, I'd be more likely to keep it up. Really wonder how much money secondary blogging guys like Sean Radican at PWTorch make. Or even Keller, Caldwell, Powell, Alvarez, etc. The top guys must make a decent living to be so into it, I'd imagine. But yeah, I sometimes read or listen to their stuff and think, "I could do this" or even "I could do this better."

Might be better off contacting WWE or ROH or something and seeing if they're looking for website writers. Might also be totally out of my depth, but I don't think so when I read some of the stuff that comes out of wrestling review sites and company sites.

HIGH ENERGY
ACE OF UNIVERSE
KEEP THE FULL THROTTLE

*plays air guitar*

Can we agree that Tanahashi's air guitar is pretty cheesy? Watching him do it live is just weird. Feels cringe-worthy.

Can we agree that Tanahashi's air guitar is pretty cheesy? Watching him do it live is just weird. Feels cringe-worthy.

As someone who's first show was WK9 and not knowing anything, seeing the Air Guitar was fucking cringe worthy, even though TAWNAHAWSHI is a good lookin' dude, he couldn't save it. WK is supposed to be their equivalent of Mania, right..? Like, that's the fucking MAIN EVENT OF MANIA. Your opponent is crying after coming up short, really intense fight and this fucker is like "LOL whatevs.. -shreds on air guitar for like 20 minutes to close the show-" fuck off. lol

Alucard

Banned
Love Tanahashi's air guitar. Haters vacate.

I saw him do it live at the ROH/New Japan show last May, and it comes off suuuuuper cheesy in person. Especially in a smaller venue. Not sure if it being done in front of a North American audience had something to do with it too.

I really appreciate Tanahashi as a wrestler. He's practically perfect from a work rate perspective. However, that air guitar is not cool or fun. It's just weak and dated.

Rock, Stone Cold, Undertaker and X-Pac brawling in the ring. One of these things doesn't belong. One of these things is not like the others.
Jaysus that build-up and pop

The two biggest SCSA entrance pops for mine are

1) Mick Foley's first WWF/E title win when he came down the ring and belted The Rock with the chair.

2) When Linda McMahon and Stephanie sold their stock in the WWF/E and Austin became the new CEO.

New announcement from Inspire Pro:

ik4hgYqg8trg7.png

FFffff! Can't Feb just get here already? They've only announced four things for this show so far, and they are all fucking awesome: The return of Ray "Death" Rowe. The return of "Blue Pants" Leva Bates. Jessica James vs. "The Mountain" Vanessa Kraven, and now this...

I know of a couple more big announcements yet to come, but this one came as a bit of a nice surprise... Love having this promotion here in Austin.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
New announcement from Inspire Pro:

ik4hgYqg8trg7.png

FFffff! Can't Feb just get here already? They've only announced four things for this show so far, and they are all fucking awesome: The return of Ray "Death" Rowe. The return of "Blue Pants" Leva Bates. Jessica James vs. "The Mountain" Vanessa Kraven, and now this...

I know of a couple more big announcements yet to come, but this one came as a bit of a nice surprise... Love having this promotion here in Austin.

It really sounds like a heck of a show so far. I'm planning an Austin trip and if it does come together, I'll definitely go see Inspire Pro.

I lost a lot of respect for Booker T's promotion when I found out they lock indy guys down and tell them they can't work other promotions. Not even locking them down in the local Houston market. As far as I know they can't work DFW, or Austin, or anywhere else without approval.

Dude. It's the indies. These guys need all the opportunities to work and make a few bucks they can. Don't use your name and promises of "WWE connections" to take advantage of guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom