• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what; the more i think about it, Seth Rollins really was performer of the year.

From his well-timed and well executed spots with his matches against Evo and Wyatts to him grabbing the fuck out of that brass ring in being the top heel of the company. Dude's a workhorse through and through.

NEW PASHAYYY

055Jicy.gif

Kornflayx

You know what; the more i think about it, Seth Rollins really was performer of the year.

From his well-timed and well executed spots with his matches against Evo and Wyatts to him grabbing the fuck out of that brass ring in being the top heel of the company. Dude's a workhorse through and through.

NEW PASHAYYY

055Jicy.gif

It really is amazing. I always thought he would have a nice role as upper midcard, occasional main event guy. But the focus they're giving him right now makes me happy

Barrage

As obnoxious as fan booking is...would Bray Wyatt corrupting New Day not kill two birds with one stone?

Finn's titantron is awesome;

2MTSibp.gif

OK episode of NXT today, the main event's worth a watch (The Ascension weren't entirely terrible! Well, Viktor wasn't entirely terrible). Two big gripes, though, with the way these dudes are being presented - mainly Itami. The new gear looks goofy and a bit stereotypical for an Asian kicky guy, but the real issue is the fucking camerawork. While doing the whole shaky cam shit when Finn hits his double stomp actually helps make the move look more impactful, the exact opposite applies to strike based offence. You need to SEE the impact of the moves, not have the camera cut and shake away. Itami hits a running knee and it looks like dogshit, which is just plain wrong because I've seen him hit that move hundreds of times and each time it looked better than it does on NXT. This brings me to my second issue and it's why I want to see Itami wrestling other non-WWE dudes ASAP - the guys he's wrestling (namely, The Ascension) clearly don't trust him, don't trust one of the best strikers in the world, to not kick their head off. Itami does a sweet round house, but Viktor gets his hand up so early and not even the camera shake can disguise how blatantly he's protecting himself. At some point Itami's either going to have to drop the strikes, or they're going to have to trust that he won't concuss an opponent every time he throws a kick.

Wait, am I able to watch Wrestle Kingdom on this thing?

Yes, but only the Japanese language broadcast - if you want the English version with JR & Striker, you need to order the GFW presentation of the event from usual PPV providers (or the Flipps app thing if you'r outside the US).

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Certain folks here once argued that Seth-kun was being "carried" in his feud with Dean Ambrose. I ain't naming names or anything though.
icsyEqkE5H3iL.png

Yes, but only the Japanese language broadcast - if you want the English version with JR & Striker, you need to order the GFW presentation of the event from usual PPV providers (or the Flipps app thing if you'r outside the US).

Awwww slap nuts. I already bought it.

I guess it's worth it for the library alone.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So I had this dream that Lana was some evil Russian superspy Baroness type though she was still rocking the business skirt and she was lifting military dudes up off the ground by the neck and snapping them Zeus style and melting them then flushing them down the toilet. And she could use like Zartan quality disguises.

It was fucking awesome.

Ultratech

No doubt. Dude's been killing it in 2014.

The premature death of Lucha Underground.

Truly...that would be pretty bad.

Gonzalez

Banned
So I had this dream that Lana was some evil Russian superspy Baroness type though she was still rocking the business skirt and she was lifting military dudes up off the ground by the neck and snapping them Zeus style and melting them then flushing them down the toilet. And she could use like Zartan quality disguises.
How hard was it when you woke up?

SHarris78

Go to the website and on the bottom there is an option to change it to English

http://njpwworld.com

I'd love to get into this, WWE bores me 90% of the time.

There's a free registration option and a subscription option, anyone know what you get in each? Does anyone here subscribe and is it any good? Finally, if i want to watch Wrestle Kingdom 9, but not live, will it be available to stream after the event has finished?

XenoRaven

Sheamus is a good wrestler. Don't let WWE's terrible booking ruin one of their more talented guys for you. The guy is due for a change and a heel turn will probably do him some good. Or they'll give him the chickenshit heel routine and make it worse.

Wait, we don't want Sheamus to go heel now? I thought everyone was sick of smiley good guy Sheamus as much as they were sick of 'acts like a heel, isn't a heel' Sheamus. He works best as a bad guy, comes across as a right prick when he wants to - now if only they could book a heel to be dominant in the ring, rather than cowardly.

I'd love to get into this, WWE bores me 90% of the time.

There's a free registration option and a subscription option, anyone know what you get in each? Does anyone here subscribe and is it any good? Finally, if i want to watch Wrestle Kingdom 9, but not live, will it be available to stream after the event has finished?

I don't think the free registration offers much at all, just a few trailers and stuff they upload on their youtube - the subscription option gets you all the archive content and a bunch of live streamed shows each month and, yeah, you'll be able to watch the event on demand about an hour after it's finished.

Also, here's the NJPW World OT;

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=944164

Personally I think it's worth it just for the archive content, there's a ridiculous number of great matches from New Japan's 40 year past.

Zach

Let's do this.

Top 15 for '15

1. Ric Flair
  2. Arn Anderson
  3. "Ravishing" Rick Rude
  4. Ricky Steamboat
  5. The Steiner Bros.
  6. Bobby "The Brain" Heenan
  7. "Stunning" Steve Austin
  8. Lord Steven Regal
  9. Big Van Vader
  10. Sting
  11. The Great Muta
  12. Ultimo Dragon
  13. Dean Malenko
  14. "The Man of 1,004 Holds" Chris Jericho w/ Ralphus
  15. Randy "Pee Wee" Anderson

SHarris78

I don't think the free registration offers much at all, just a few trailers and stuff they upload on their youtube - the subscription option gets you all the archive content and a bunch of live streamed shows each month and, yeah, you'll be able to watch the event on demand about an hour after it's finished.

Also, here's the NJPW World OT;

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=944164

Personally I think it's worth it just for the archive content, there's a ridiculous number of great matches from New Japan's 40 year past.

Didn't realise there was on OP, thanks for the info.

Hot damn how would it feel to be the Big Show at Wrestlemania X8. Instead of wrestling at the show, he's at WWF New York looking fatter than all hell scarfing down Rock Bottom Burgers and 5 Star Frog Legs.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wait, we don't want Sheamus to go heel now? I thought everyone was sick of smiley good guy Sheamus as much as they were sick of 'acts like a heel, isn't a heel' Sheamus. He works best as a bad guy, comes across as a right prick when he wants to - now if only they could book a heel to be dominant in the ring, rather than cowardly.
Bryan fans don't want anything that isn't Bryan with all the titles

Just poppin in for a sec to wish you fine people a happy new year. 2014 was some of the best and worst year of my life but I'm eager for the future. I hope you're all bright and happy.
Great OP CureVylash, you're a real cutie.
Someone please find Hasney and tell him to have fun.

It was fucking awesome.

I had a wrestling dream last night, too. Hideo Itami vs. a lion. Itami kept going for head kicks but the lion kept dodging and eventually mauled him. My dreams never have happy endings.

Striker

Sheamus is a good wrestler. Don't let WWE's terrible booking ruin one of their more talented guys for you. The guy is due for a change and a heel turn will probably do him some good. Or they'll give him the chickenshit heel routine and make it worse.
He's the type of guy who does the same matches every time. Why must be perform every single signature move he has (he has like a dozen)? He's pretty crummy on the mic, so unless they keep it simple with one liners, who cares.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I had a wrestling dream last night, too. Hideo Itami vs. a lion. Itami kept going for head kicks but the lion kept dodging and eventually mauled him. My dreams never have happy endings.

Itami to get stuck in a feud with Jericho that means nothing and mauls his career in the end? that sucks.

Bryan fans don't want anything that isn't Bryan with all the titles

I think the point is that Bryan's worth so much more than another failed McMahon guy. I like Sheamus, but no. We don't need another Sheamus/Bryan match at Wrestlemania.

I don't know where this report came from, mind.

Let's do this.

Top 15 for '15

1. Ric Flair
  2. Arn Anderson
  3. "Ravishing" Rick Rude
  4. Ricky Steamboat
  5. The Steiner Bros.
  6. Bobby "The Brain" Heenan
  7. "Stunning" Steve Austin
  8. Lord Steven Regal
  9. Big Van Vader
  10. Sting
  11. The Great Muta
  12. Ultimo Dragon
  13. Dean Malenko
  14. "The Man of 1,004 Holds" Chris Jericho w/ Ralphus
  15. Randy "Pee Wee" Anderson

For a second there, I thought that you were predicting wrestler deaths.

Sheamus absolutely should be a heel. I'm just having fun playing up all the signs that this looks to be a retread of last year's proposed Mania card.

Even if Bryan doesn't get Lesnar (with title or not), Sheamus is not even in the Fave Five potential opponents for Bryan. They'd have a good match, but it's such a waste of Bryan.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
tumblr_mlm2sc1V1D1qitwglo1_1280.png

act~

My Strardom year end review: Yuhi is retiring? Well at least there's still Taiyo. Oh.
And Ozaki is still active. Shitting up her promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom