• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan Daily Sales: 7/28/2004

cvxfreak

No format charts today unfortunately.

1. Paper Mario RPG (GameCube - Nintendo)
2. Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 11 (PlayStation 2 - Konami)
3. Tenchu Kurenai (PlayStation 2 - From Software)
4. Naruto RPG (GameBoy Advance - Tomy)
5. Boktai 2 (GameBoy Advance - Konami)
6. Jissen Pachislot: Fist of the North Star (PlayStation 2 - Sammy)
7. Dragon Ball Z: THE LEGACY OF GOKU II INTERNATIONAL (GameBoy Advance - Banpresto)
8. Taiko no Tatsujin Atsumare! (PlayStation 2 - Namco)
9. Puyo Puyo Fever (GameBoy Advance - Sega)
10. Hagane no Renkinjutsushi: Omoide no Soumeikyoku (GameBoy Advance - Bandai)

CVXFREAK said:
No format charts today unfortunately.

7. Dragon Ball Z: THE LEGACY OF GOKU II INTERNATIONAL (GameBoy Advance - Banpresto)

Damn, Dbz is still selling. The series stopped like 10 years ago?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Cold Shadow said:
Isn't FF1&2 going to be released tommorow?

I think so, but I guess some stores have already begun selling the game since the Nintendo DS survey is included with the game

Culex

Banned
efralope said:
what days did the Denkegi numbers cover?

why isn't someone giving the Denkegi numbers their own thread?

According to Dengeki Online, Paper Mario 2 was released on the 22nd, which would give it 6 days of total sales so far.

apujanata

efralope said:
what days did the Denkegi numbers cover?

why isn't someone giving the Denkegi numbers their own thread?

Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, usually sales figure is for week from Monday-Sunday. That means, July 22 - 25 (4 days sales).

Alcibiades

Culex, I think the Denkegi 144,000 number covers four days of sales, that's what that other dude meant...

that's a decent-to-good number, but not mindblowing...

jdforge

Banned
Hello GA !

Just wanted to know if some kind soul could let me (and the rest of the forum) know when the numbers are released for the Japanese charts ?

Cheers !!

Li Mu Bai

Banned
I thought Denkegi's numbers weren't as comprehensive as say, Media Create's. (due to number of retailer's polled etc.) Correct? IIRC many of their figures are low reflecting this like the WW's tabulated sales for example.

Yep you're right, I remember them low-balling WW anda Winning Eleven game by a huge amount around the same time. Good to see PM2 still up there, wonder if it had any impact on harware sales. Guess we should find out in a few hours.

jdforge

Banned
I'm sure that PM2 will have a positive effect on NGC Hardware sales - How much though is the question ?

Pre PM2 the average units sold is about 5,000 per month ?

I think that sales will exceed 15,000 units. I have a bet with a mate who reckons 7,000, and another thinks 12,000.

AniHawk

needlejuice said:
I'm sure that PM2 will have a positive effect on NGC Hardware sales - How much though is the question ?

Pre PM2 the average units sold is about 5,000 per month ?

I think that sales will exceed 15,000 units. I have a bet with a mate who reckons 7,000, and another thinks 12,000.

5,000 per week.

efralope said:
Culex, I think the Denkegi 144,000 number covers four days of sales, that's what that other dude meant...

that's a decent-to-good number, but not mindblowing...

You know, sometimes I wanna pull on that jedi hair braid thing you have and just yank it off. -_-

144,000 is a great number for a game in Japan at this moment that's not Final Fantasy or Dragon Warrior. The Japanese gaming market isn't very strong right now, Paper Mario RPG is doing just fine.

Li Mu Bai

Banned
CVXFREAK said:
Paper Mario RPG's 144K figure is for sales on the date sof the 22nd, 23rd, 24th and 25th - 4 days worth, not 6.

Even better, good info CVX as I was wondering exactly how many days Denkegi covered. Back to my previous post regarding how comprehensive Denkegi's sales data tracking is. What are your thoughts?

cvxfreak

Dengeki's coverage spans 2000 stores throughout Japan. I'm not sure about Famitsu's, or Media Create's.

Dengeki's sales numbers tend to be lower than the other's, but they used to cover more ground. Now they're practically useless except for numbers like PM2.

Li Mu Bai

Banned
CVXFREAK said:
Dengeki's coverage spans 2000 stores throughout Japan. I'm not sure about Famitsu's, or Media Create's.

Dengeki's sales numbers tend to be lower than the other's, but they used to cover more ground. Now they're practically useless except for numbers like PM2.

My thoughts exactly, especially with the sales discrepancies being so large at times.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Cold Shadow said:
Damn, Dbz is still selling. The series stopped like 10 years ago?
DBZ is still a very big franchise over there, despite no longer actively running. You'll see its merchandise right next to merchandise for Full Metal Alchemist and Naruto in most stores.

Top Bottom