• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan Daily Sales: 8/3/04

cvxfreak

1. (GameBoy Advance - Square Enix) Final Fantasy I + II Advance
2. (GameCube - Nintendo) Paper Mario RPG
3. (PlayStation 2 - Konami) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 11
4. (GameBoy Advance - Konami) Power Pro Kun Pocket 1 + 2
5. (PlayStation 2 - Bandai) ONE PIECE Grand Land!
6. (PlayStation 2 - Sammy) Jissen Pachislot: Hitsushouho! Hokutou no Nibushi (Fist of the North Star)
7. (PlayStation 2 - Arika) The Nightmare of Druaga: Fushigi no Dungeon
8. (PlayStation 2 - From Software) Tenchu Kurenai
9. (GameBoy Advance - Konami) Tsuzu Bokura no Taiyou Taiyoushounen Jango
10. (GameBoy Advance - Tomy) NARUTO -Naruto- Naruto RPG: Uketsugareshi Ichibi no Ishi

Grubdog

Banned
2. (GameCube - Nintendo) Paper Mario RPG

rock.gif

Culex

Banned
Awesome Paper Mario 2 sales. This is Pikmin 2 all over again! I think it's safe to say this game will hit 500k now.

It might do, but you can be in the no.2 place and still only sell a small amount. It'll be clearer when the numbers for it's second week are released. It'd imagine it'll drop down ot about 35-40k, hopefully it'll have the legs of Pikmin2 as well.

are you kidding. PM2 is so chibi that it is bound to sell. The art is spectacular. That fact alone will help it sell. The fact that its a ARPG with Mario means its a win win win.

* how did Mario + Luigi rpg sell by the way?

cvxfreak

Dengeki Sales this week:

Final Fantasy I + II Advance: 153,000
Paper Mario RPG: 59,000 / 203,000
One Piece Land Land: 39,000
Guilty Gear Isuka: 39,000
Power Pro Kun Pocket 1 + 2: 34,000
Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 11: 31,000 / 307,000

Li Mu Bai

Banned
CVXFREAK said:
Dengeki Sales this week:

Final Fantasy I + II Advance: 153,000
Paper Mario RPG: 59,000 / 203,000
One Piece Land Land: 39,000
Guilty Gear Isuka: 39,000
Power Pro Kun Pocket 1 + 2: 34,000
Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 11: 31,000 / 307,000

So Media Create would probably have it at around 211,000? Way to sleuth out & post the numbers so consistently CVX. It's selling at a faster pace than that of Pikmin 2 iirc, & will most likely outsell it.

Alcibiades

totally cool man you providing numbers and charts of Japanese happenings...

Paper Mario 2 is doing well, hopefully GCN numbers don't slip off too much, now does Mario Party 6 have an exact date yet?

cvxfreak

LMB: Paper Mario RPG can have as much as 220K on the Media Create this week. We'll see in a few hours.

efralope: I believe MP6 is set for this year but regardless of when it hits we all know it's going to be a big hit. :)

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Paper mario will sell about 700-800k in the US, I'm betting. It will definitely surpass a million worldwide.

Alcibiades

CVXFREAK said:
LMB: Paper Mario RPG can have as much as 220K on the Media Create this week. We'll see in a few hours.

efralope: I believe MP6 is set for this year but regardless of when it hits we all know it's going to be a big hit. :)

well, I think the biggest problem for Nintendo (and MP6 being a big hit) is that FFXII, Kingdom Hearts 2, and Dragon Quest 8 are all scheduled for fall also, no?

cvxfreak

kiryogi said:
CVX! Give me current CM numbers please ;_;

I have only my personal estimates for you, but you will get numbers next week from Famitsu (maybe even Media Create in a few hours).

The PlayStation 2 RockMan X Command Mission came in at #13, behind Samurai Spirits Rei, but ahead of Sammy's Jissen Pachislot. I estimate sales to be at 25,000 units.

The GameCube RockMan X Command Mission came in at #28, behind Pikmin 2 and ahead of Capsule Monster Colosseum. I estimate sales to be at 5,500.

THESE ARE ESTIMATES. DON'T KILL ME OR CALL THE GAME A BOMB YET.

DQ8 is the only one coming out late this year. According to MB its being released in November. FFXII and KH2 aren't coming out till next year.

cvxfreak

efralope said:
well, I think the biggest problem for Nintendo (and MP6 being a big hit) is that FFXII, Kingdom Hearts 2, and Dragon Quest 8 are all scheduled for fall also, no?

Well, FFXII and KH2 aren't confirmed for this year. DQ8 will definitely outdo everything in its path, but Mario Party 6 will be able to sell well too, since the audience isn't exactly the same. The only game I see even competing with DQ8 is Pokemon Emerald, but Emerald won't be able to outsell it, most likely.

Alcibiades

so are FFXII and Kingdom Hearts 2 fall 05 releases for US probably, cause Square usually leaves a gap, I though it was fall for Japan, and Spring/Summer for US...

cvxfreak

Probably the former. Square Enix won't want to eat up sales of their three pillar titles by releasing them so close to each other. FFXII is Spring 2005, Kingdom Hearts is current unknown but they want to space the games out so they all sell their full potential.

Giving how KH has sold in comparison to FFX (KH being pretty close to outsell FFX), they're going to want to keep FFXII far away from KH2's release. KH2's going to have a giant marketing campaign too, likely bigger than any game next year.

kiryogi

Banned
CVXFREAK said:
I have only my personal estimates for you, but you will get numbers next week from Famitsu (maybe even Media Create in a few hours).

The PlayStation 2 RockMan X Command Mission came in at #13, behind Samurai Spirits Rei, but ahead of Sammy's Jissen Pachislot. I estimate sales to be at 25,000 units.

The GameCube RockMan X Command Mission came in at #28, behind Pikmin 2 and ahead of Capsule Monster Colosseum. I estimate sales to be at 5,500.

THESE ARE ESTIMATES. DON'T KILL ME OR CALL THE GAME A BOMB YET.

ROFL, no one said anything about killing the messenger now.

Top Bottom