• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan Gets World's Steepest Roller Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
SneakyStephan said:
Shocked at how fast it is, especially how fast the climb before the (bullshit) steepest drop is.

Haven't bothered with theme parks in a few years, the climbs used to take a fairly long time.

My first experience with this was The Incredible Hulk at Universal in Florida. If youre standing in line and not really paying attention you dont realize youre going to be shot up the first hill. It was a cool surprise on an otherweise ho-hum, run of the mill coaster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6aFlpU82_g

Wubby

I was just at Fuji-Q a few months ago and saw this being built. Looks like fun!

aB3CGl.jpg

Jeramii

Banned
that doesn't look like anything scary or intense compared to X2 at magic mountain, or whatever that one is at cedar point that launches you to 120ish in 3 seconds.

edit: looks pretty fun though (minus that price to ride it).

Koodo

Banned
Since so many here have been hellbent on calling this record a fraud, it seems appropriate to bring up Busch Gardens Tampa's SheiKra. It's a true 90º drop:

2n067vr.jpg

They also leave you hanging at the top for about 5 seconds. That little trick really messes with your mind on the first row. :lol

Anyhow, would love to ride the coaster in the OP. Even though it might be focusing a lot on a coaster-peen measurement contest, it looks like a total blast outside of that.

Fugu

This is a great addition to a great park. If you're ever in the area, I highly recommend visiting Fuji Q. The coasters are amazing.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Hands are sweating just from watching that. God damn roller coasters scare me.

J-Rzez

The Rizza said:
Stormrunner and Fahrenheit FTW

Hershey Park fan here huh? ;)

Stormrunner is a very cool ride, but the seats are not comfy at all. I'm 6'2" and the one shoulder support would actually dig into me and made me pretty sore. The Great Bear or whatever was cool for it's time there too.

I have no bias. I like both wooden and metal coasters, each have their own qualities.

That looks like a blast, I like how they just have you sit there for a second or two completely still, before letting you go down the hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom