• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese software sales 11/11/04

Japanese software sales 11/11/04

1. Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories (GBA, Square Enix) 104.000 St. [36 %]

2. Magna Carta (PS2, Banpresto) 73.000 St. [67 %]

3. Halo 2 ~Limited Edition~ (Xbox, Microsoft) 17.000 St. [71 %]

4. Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories ~Limited Edition~ (GBA, Square Enix) 11.000 St. [80 %]

5. Bokujou Monogatari: Oh! Wonderful Life (PS2, Marvelous) 10.000 St. [25 %]

6. Simple 2000 Ultimate Series Vol. 21: Kenka Joutou! Yankee Banchou (PS2, D3) 4.000 St. [28 %]

7. Standard Daisenryaku: Dengekisen (PS2, Sammy) 2.700 St. [22 %]

http://www.gamefront.de

AniHawk

TheGreenGiant said:
Halo came out No.4. Damn I lost. I said #6

only top 7?

The only releases for the day, methinks.

Halo did a lot better IIRC, but Halo 2's doing so much better in the west, who cares?

What I find interesting is that about 300k KHCOMs were ordered, and it sold 1/3 on the first day.

Halo did a lot better IIRC,

According to the shrine of data halo sold 31,041 copies in its first week of sales. The Limited Edition of Halo 2 sold 17.000 copies the first day, but there should be also the normal, not limited version in stores, right? I think Halo 2 could top 31k copies sold.

Jonnyram

No, the limited version also happens to be the only version available now - all the first pressings of the game are this version. Represses will be the "normal" version. Still, it's 80% sold so it's hard to get hold of.

KH, in spite of being only a third sold through, is sold out in some places and Square Enix are not going to have a second batch until December, so most retailers bought more stock than they need for the first weekend. This is according to nya nya game shop. He also points out that OutRun2 has been delayed from 16 Dec to 27 Jan in Japan. WTF!? Are they adding new content?

Jonnyram said:
No, the limited version also happens to be the only version available now - all the first pressings of the game are this version. Represses will be the "normal" version. Still, it's 80% sold so it's hard to get hold of.

Oh.. I didn't know that. ^_^

But there was also a version of halo 2 released with a Xbox Live Starter Kit (the one with the missing game Zunou Taisen Live), right? Was that a normal version or also a limited?

joshschw

Halo 2 Limited Edition > Kingdom Hearts Limited Edition. That means if microsoft had released a standard edition it would have been number 1 :D

Top Bottom