• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

John Woos The Killer - Remake for Peacock

Stitch

Gold Member
Yeah so John Woo remade The Killer with Nathalie Emmanuel and Omar Sy

200.gif

bender

What time is it?
Just let me buy the original digitally somewhere...please. If the detective in the remake isn't wearing that horrible suit, it's an automatic pass.

The original is a stone cold action masterpiece (for me up there with hard boiled). But it’s also so much more l, like hard boiled

A remake that no one asked for, with Eric cantona !!!

Signs are not looking good (sure hope I am wrong, but Woo has not been at the top of his game in a very long time)

I’ll happily pay real money, for a new 4K print of the original though 👍

Within the first second of the trailer, "Never send boys to do a woman's job." Trailer ends with lead female bashing the guy's head down and insulting him. Great. I know Woo is just a director of hire these days but damn, how many flops is it gonna take for these wokeroos holding the moneybags to realize women are NOT the predominant audience for action movies (nor are non-binary people, given how small the percentage of them there are), no matter how much you push it on them, so basically put downs of men and straight masculinity are actively alienating your core genre base and reducing your profitability?

Cinematography and production design is cheap looking af. I'll still watch it, but I ain't paying for Peacock.

Looking into it main character's name is "Zee" btw, which is by no coincidence one of them non-binary pronouns. Goes with the hair I guess.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Oh the old "people say you are a legend" exposition dump of talking how great the female lead is instead of showing it, so that the audience comes to that conclusion by themselves. Bleh. This annoyed me in Alan Wake II too (started it couple of days ago).

HAYA8U5A

At this point April Fools' Day might as well just not exist because reality keeps outdoing anything anybody has ever done for that.

Ryan Reynolds Wtf GIF

Top Bottom