• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Heart and Hato though. What's the musical reference anyway?
Well it's mostly a reference to Hato herself and the situation she is in. Not only does Hato sound like/is romanized as the English word "Heart" but the Walking aspect describes her stand's power pretty well. Plus the next chapter is called "Walking Heart, Breaking Heart" (Walking Hato, Breaking Hato) which fits the situation even better. But that also means the stand could be a reference to almost any song about heartbreak, especially since the name may have been changed to fit in the King theme.

But of all the possibilities, I'd like to give special attention to: I'm Gonna Let My Heart Do The Walking by the Supremes. Not only do the lyrics fit Hato and her situation pretty well, but the chorus of "Walk On Heart" sure sounds an awful like "Walkin' Heart"...

Erigu

You know, if we operate under the logical conclusion that Kaato isn't a Higashikata by blood, nothing says she has to follow the "King" naming convention that everyone else does.
Mitsuba merely got married to one of them and yet her name follows the "playing cards" naming convention anyway, so, y'know... "Logic"...

Yeah, but she's a second generation Stand user, so "King" isn't the first word nor the third. Technically it's not the second either, but I digress.

I'm still betting on Kaato's Stand being King Crimson, though that may be too obvious.

I want it to be called King Kunta
Bitch, where you when I was walkin'?
Now I run the game, got the whole world talkin'!

cntr

Banned
http://nikunja.deviantart.com/art/Jojo-s-Vento-Aureo-Watchmen-655369446
jojo_s_vento_aureo___watchmen_by_nikunja-dau6uau.png

http://nikunja.deviantart.com/art/Spiderman-Jolyne-655743322

cntr

Banned
If Robert Fripp actually reads Jojo, I wonder if he was already into it or if he heard of Yes providing the ED and checked it out?

If Robert Fripp actually reads Jojo, I wonder if he was already into it or if he heard of Yes providing the ED and checked it out?

I wonder if DavidPro already reached out to the band on if they can use the name/music for Part 5's ED, thus Robert Fripp posting about it?

Tizoc

Howre toonamigaf finding jojo part 2 so far?

Also part 5 anime cant get here soon enough
The reactions to giorno's bs stand powers
The bruno lick
Polpo
The shadow stand
The banana gun
Giorno drinkin piss
The boat trip and the deflating
The treausre in the urinal

Just to name a few

If fripp agrees to lend a song for an ed, which one would be the most fitting? In the court of the crimson King , 21st century schizoid man, epitaph , fallen angel, red ?
Too many good choices!!!

Tizoc

Jojo part 1 synopsis
Muscular British archeologist learns Tibetian kung fu from dandy Italian gentleman in order to chAnnel the power of the sun into his fist by modulating his breathing.
He uses this kung fu to battle Vampire david bowie who fires lasers from his eyes and has freezing powers.

Robert Fripp developed an effect where he'd loop the output of one reel-to-reel machine to the input reel of a second machine, the effect being that he could mix in real time what he played three to five seconds ago with a different riff.

He literally cobbled together a time-based stand.

cntr

Banned
If they get a King Crimson song, they might be able to do Roundabout-like ending transitions. The songs are long enough.

Robert Fripp developed an effect where he'd loop the output of one reel-to-reel machine to the input reel of a second machine, the effect being that he could mix in real time what he played three to five seconds ago with a different riff.

He literally cobbled together a time-based stand.

Thats awesome. What we take for granted today(being able to input something, immediately replay it and play over it) he did through analog~

Reading through the JoJo portions of the Toonami thread is pretty entertaining. There's one user who keeps on saying Stroheim is a member of Donald Trump's cabinet, which considering what happens with our favourite Nazi, will end up being awkward for him. I can't wait to see his reaction when Stroheim has some of his greatest moments.

Reading through the JoJo portions of the Toonami thread is pretty entertaining. There's one user who keeps on saying Stroheim is a member of Donald Trump's cabinet, which considering what happens with our favourite Nazi, will end up being awkward for him. I can't wait to see his reaction when Stroheim has some of his greatest moments.

Coukd you link when the reactions started last night? I keep meaning to keep a tab on it but I was busy dungeoning last night..

Why is Nazi Guile such a bro?

When your allies are the Nazis it means either you're already a bad guy or the real bad guys are even worse.

I can't wait for AWAKEN MY MASTERS in English.

Got you covered.

Why is Nazi Guile such a bro?

I'm positive anything good I say about Stroheim will ensure I won't be hired by some locations in the future. If I say he's a great character I'll probably have to settle working call center for Stormfront, or something awful like that.

Got you covered.

I'm positive anything good I say about Stroheim will ensure I won't be hired by some locations in the future. If I say he's a great character I'll probably have to settle working call center for Stormfront, or something awful like that.
Awaken my Masters is some of the greatest posing. Can't wait for Toonami Gaf to react to this shit. Like you shouldn't like Stroheim, but it's hard to hate him post "lick my blood" and his stupidity with Santana.

Awaken my Masters is some of the greatest posing. Can't wait for Toonami Gaf to react to this shit. Like you shouldn't like Stroheim, but it's hard to hate him post "lick my blood" and his stupidity with Santana.

It's impossible to hate Stroheim, especially after his reappearance. Before that, he sacrifices himself to stop Santana, which put him into "redeemed" territory for me. After that... well, how on earth can you hate a freaking Nazi cyborg with a machine gun for his chest.

It's impossible to hate Stroheim, especially after his reappearance. Before that, he sacrifices himself to stop Santana, which put him into "redeemed" territory for me. After that... well, how on earth can you hate a freaking Nazi cyborg with a machine gun for his chest.
Not to mention the over the top acting with the Japanese VA SEKAI ICHIIIIIIIIIII!!!!! If you can't laugh at his reappearance speech with Kars then I have no clue what would make a person laugh, it's just too good.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Hey, at what point did they stop the grainy film effect in Part 4's anime? I know it stuck around for a few episodes, but eventually just stopped.

Z

ZelbZelb

Unconfirmed Member
If fripp agrees to lend a song for an ed, which one would be the most fitting? In the court of the crimson King , 21st century schizoid man, epitaph , fallen angel, red ?
Too many good choices!!!

I think Starless would work pretty great as an ED.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfR6_V91fG8

You could have the intro trickle in like Roundabout. It also captures the ominous feeling of a city controlled by the mob. Then in the first encounter with the boss you can load up the 21st schizoid man. Then in the second half use epitaph, which gains new meaning when you see Diavolo's fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom