• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jon Jones Arrested For Probation Violation 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

https://www.tmz.com/2016/03/29/jon-jones-arrested-for-probation-violation-mug-shot/#ixzz44JYQLqqr
MA8Dzet.jpg

Jon Jones was booked in New Mexico for violating his probation moments ago -- and posed for a brand new mug shot after turning himself in ... TMZ Sports has learned.
We're told a judge had issued a warrant for the UFC star's arrest for violating the terms of his probation after he was cited for drag racing in Albuquerque last week.

V5lV7oD.gif

Kaladin

So this dumbass thought it would be a good idea to go drag racing while on probabtion for a hit and run.

D-u-m-b-a-s-s that spells Jon Jones.

whatever

should just retire as the undisputed best and be done with it, going to take till he's out of his prime to get over his issues at this rate

Fox318

a reminder
http://www.mmaweekly.com/jon-jones-cleared-on-traffic-charges-donates-100-to-charity
Instead, he was able to appear on Wednesday to provide proof of his driver’s license, registration, and insurance, and then agreed to make a $100 donation to the New Mexico Animal Humane Society. In agreeing to do so, Jones, who is currently on probation in New Mexico, will not receive any further penalties as long as he stay s out of trouble for the next 90 days, according to a report by TMZ Sports.

Judge told him to stay out of trouble for 90 days.

24 hours later he was drag racing

Brinbe

The video with him and the Cop was something else. He knew he was getting fucked with. Because if that's what he was cited for, that cop can fuck off. Ah well, he didn't learn. Just steer clear of any trouble, dude.

Still not sure the "drag racing" charge will stick based on the body cam video and some of the other articles I've read. But we shall see. John really should have followed some of the advice he's gotten and just pay for a fulltime personal driver so he can avoid this type of stuff.

Chesskid1

Banned
kinda funny you can get a ticket for drag racing but not get one for speeding at the same time, he was in a 35 mph too iirc

i expectcthis will be cleared up quickly, please

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
If only that wise cracking cop would have just done his job and let this asshole be a condescending asshole after repeatedly breaking driving laws

kinda funny you can get a ticket for drag racing but not get one for speeding at the same time, he was in a 35 mph too iirc

Correct, cop even specifically said to John that "I never said you were speeding." He's driving a Corvette ffs of course its gonna take off quickly. And then tacking on the loud exhaust ticket (even though it's alledgedly just a stock exhaust according to his interview with Ariel), and the obstructed license plate for having one of those dealership plate covers around his plate. Like give me a break. Would like to see the dash cam video and not just the body cam to see how he was actually driving.

I read last night that just revving a car can be classed as drag racing. Ridiculous tbh.

Mesoian

Fucking idiot.

Nevermind. He's actually got a case here. Cops are being assholes for no reason.

"I was not drag racing nor was I speeding. I did not get a speeding ticket. I was driving within the speed limit of the 35mph zone," Jones explained in a statement. "I feel that police used a technicality to ticket me for drag racing, for simply revving my engine and acknowledging some of my local fans. I regrettably said words to the police officer out of frustration, for which I apologize for, but I do feel this was excessive."

If you're famous, get a dash cam.

AJLma

This thread is a nice example of instant social crucifixion. No facts or anything about the incident, yet Jones is automatically the biggest piece of shit on earth.

harSon

Banned
This thread is a nice example of instant social crucifixion. No facts or anything about the incident, yet Jones is automatically the biggest piece of shit on earth.

He's definitely a piece of shit, but I'm on his side in this case.

Interesting...
MMA Junkie said:
Despite his most recent infraction, which comes one month after another traffic stop that led to three traffic citations, a spokesperson for the Albuquerque district attorney’s office expressed surprise at the arrest.

“I didn’t expect that,” said Phil Sisneros.

Earlier today, Sisneros told MMAjunkie that he expected Jones’ recent traffic case to move through the courts before the office and the fighter’s probation officer jointly decided whether or not a violation had occurred.

Tanner Tixier, a spokesperson for the Albuquerque police, said he wasn’t aware of Jones’ arrest today until very recently and said the arrest was not carried out by his department.

More at the link: http://mmajunkie.com/2016/03/ufc-19...robation-violation-after-drag-racing-citation

hwalker84

Cop was an ass. Jones was an ass. This will get cleared up asap. I got pulled over for the same thing. Orange Dodge Challenger and was next to a school bus. The kids were banging on the window so I gave them a rev and took off when the light turned green. Didn't hit the speed limit but got pulled over and ticketed. It was dismissed and I got my money back.

edit: Unfortunately Jones needs a driver. Bad things happen when he's behind the wheel.

Correct, cop even specifically said to John that "I never said you were speeding." He's driving a Corvette ffs of course its gonna take off quickly. And then tacking on the loud exhaust ticket (even though it's alledgedly just a stock exhaust according to his interview with Ariel), and the obstructed license plate for having one of those dealership plate covers around his plate. Like give me a break. Would like to see the dash cam video and not just the body cam to see how he was actually driving.
I agree that the cops are being silly but I live in socal and I have seen a lot of old dorks drive their new corvette like it was a prius.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom