• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jordan Peele's Nope

GymWolf

Gold Member
stop trolling. the trailer is fine it doesn't spoil much if anything.
Stop...trolling?

Dude i saw the same topic on reeee and the first few messages were about how spoilery the trailer is, and just wanted to advise people in here if they wanna go completely blind like me.

If it isn't true (and people have different meaning of what represent a spoiler) then my bad, but sure as hell i wasn't trolling.

Calm your tits dude.

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
Um wow I wish I hadn't watched that, literally shows everything, unless that one reveal shot at the end is intentional misdirection.

Stop...trolling?

Dude i saw the same topic on reeee and the first few messages were about how spoilery the trailer is, and just wanted to advise people in here if they wanna go completely blind like me.

If it isn't true (and people have different meaning of what represent a spoiler) then my bad, but sure as hell i wasn't trolling.

Calm your tits dude.

Its very spoilery.

stop trolling. the trailer is fine it doesn't spoil much if anything.

Unless its misdirection, every act of the film is spoiled, major character moments are spoiled, and the main mystery visual is spoiled. All in all, its the most spoilery trailer I think I've ever seen given the nature of the film.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Um wow I wish I hadn't watched that, literally shows everything, unless that one reveal shot at the end is intentional misdirection.

Its very spoilery.

Unless its misdirection, every act of the film is spoiled, major character moments are spoiled, and the main mystery visual is spoiled. All in all, its the most spoilery trailer I think I've ever seen given the nature of the film.
Ok but can you stop trolling?

jason10mm

Gold Member
Unless you have seen the film, how do you know if it is spoilery?

Certianly looks to be a more traditional type movie but Peele is kinda like Shamalyan for me, you go in expecting a particular type of message.

And seriously, how many shots of folks staring up at a cloud can be in one movie???

4BRSEaP.jpg

Aliens hiding in clouds abducting people... how original.

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
4BRSEaP.jpg

Aliens hiding in clouds abducting people... how original.
Given how bad that looks, I wonder if thats just an intentional misdirection.... But why would markeitng put such a thing in the trailer, at best its misdirection and makes the film look very cheap and gives away its reveal to be an uninspired bore when its actually not, and at worst they actually did spoil the real reveal and its blah.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Given how bad that looks, I wonder if thats just an intentional misdirection.... But why would markeitng put such a thing in the trailer, at best its misdirection and makes the film look very cheap and gives away its reveal to be an uninspired bore when its actually not, and at worst they actually did spoil the real reveal and its blah.
people complaining about spoilers are probably completely missing the point is my guess

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Peele movies are self spoiled the moment Peele is announced as director.

Yadda yadda brown people are good yadda yadda creckers are bad.

It’s not that I shy away from these themes - I do not. But Peele is becoming our generation Spike Lee. You know what you’re gonna watch before the movie has finished shooting.

Doom85

It’s not that I shy away from these themes - I do not. But Peele is becoming our generation Spike Lee. You know what you’re gonna watch before the movie has finished shooting.

Except Us did not have that theme.

Also, did you just call black people “brown”? That’s not really correct, and a certain joke in Deadpool 2 would make zero sense if it was. “Brown” is almost always reserved to refer to Southeast Asians, Hispanic/Latino, and Middle Eastern people (plus a few more ethnicities but that’s the primary ones). Granted, it’s sometimes frowned upon to loosely refer to others in this way. Yes, some do refer to themselves as “brown” but it’s by no means as widely accepted a phrase as white or black people.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

Also, did you just call black people “brown”? That’s not really correct, and a certain joke in Deadpool 2 would make zero sense if it was. “Brown” is almost always reserved to refer to Southeast Asians, Hispanic/Latino, and Middle Eastern people (plus a few more ethnicities but that’s the primary ones). Granted, it’s sometimes frowned upon to loosely refer to others in this way. Yes, some do refer to themselves as “brown” but it’s by no means as widely accepted a phrase as white or black people.

Yeah, and neither was Inside Man. It's just that like spike lee, he's massively talented and instead of creating lasting cinematic monuments he's wasting it all on clichéd pieces.

I'm using brown because apparently the movie uses that term while people in the poster are black. But I have no problem editing it out I harbor no ill will and have no intention of offending anyone.

Aggrotek

Definitely a better trailer than the others but looks like it spoils a fair bit. I like Peele's directorial style just kinda wish the movies weren't preachy. He has talent that's for sure.

why do you people keep watching trailers for stuff you're actually excited about

I kinda understand watching trailers for shit you're gonna pass on, since spoilers won't matter much. but the way trailers are put together nowadays, watching them is just dumb af IMO if you are actually hyped about a film.

DeaDPo0L84

I want to be excited cause it obviously has something to do with aliens but he always tends to tackle social topics within his movies so we shall see how that goes. I just want a really good alien movie, I don't want to be preached to at the theater.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

yeah, but unlike spike lee he has made 2 good movies in his career. i'll watch it at some point but i can already tell i'll be rolling my eyes occasionally.

Peggies

Gold Member

Baby Reaction GIF

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Of course it was.
And it was not bad at all.

Literally Peele himself said it wasn't - and it very obviously wasn't the focus at all if you watched it - but okay.

Technically well put together but doesn't work on a literal level and doesn't really have interesting to say in its subtext IMO. Didn't work for me at all.

Last edited:

Peggies

Gold Member
Literally Peele himself said it wasn't - and it very obviously wasn't the focus at all if you watched it - but okay.

Technically well put together but doesn't work on a literal level and doesn't really have interesting to say in its subtext IMO. Didn't work for me at all.
Two groups of people. One has everything and can live an easy live on the surface. The other one has to suffer in the underground and can't thrive.

I interpretate that as a classical Jordan Peele message even if he literally said otherwise.

But as I said I enjoyed it.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Two groups of people. One has everything and can live an easy live on the surface. The other one has to suffer in the underground and can't thrive.

I interpretate that as a classical Jordan Peele message even if he literally said otherwise.

But as I said I enjoyed it.

Can you think of anything else that might divide groups of people that isn't race..?

Couldn't really have been more in-your-face with the Hands Across America ending.

trikster40

I mean, it’s what we all thought, but man, had some SUPER spoilery stuff. That shot near the end could really have been left out.

dr_octagon

Banned
These are some lazy film titles, story and quality aside, Peele should spend more than 5 seconds thinking of a title.

The next film will be 'Y Doe'

Top Bottom